Reviews for Offer of a Lifetime
hahahahaha
Lazurman chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
/The/ most realistic self-insert I have ever read. I salute you.

Now, if this were to happen for me, I'd probably just YOLO it and accept. For The Lulz. I'm easily bored. I'd probably have to cry myself to sleep for the next few weeks asking myself "OH GOD WHY?!" over and over again, though.
ladyowl chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
clever... but very, very strange. :)
The Stacked Deck chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Hm. You seem to think Marco, Tobias, and Ax are somehow un-necessary?

I disagree. Marco was necessary, not because Marco was Eva's son, but because Eva was Visser One's Host. Whoever Visser One ended up taking, because of her Romanticism (she really is a Romantic Yeerk, odd though that concept is), would have had a child. That Child would be the Marco-slot, and be the one who is friends with Erek, the one who discovers the Androids, and through having a personal connection to both the Chee and Visser One, be able to actually get at Real High Up Stuff.

Relatives of Elfangor are important, because of Elfangor's conflict with Visser Three.
If it had been any other Andalite, like as not they would have been pulled back by their fear of Visser Three, not from their war, but from Taking the War to the Vissers, and the Animorphs would have ended up fighting most of their war just against Tom and Chapman, and never would have gotten into more than half of the Major Situations that involved actually dealing real defeats to the Yeerks.

On their own, even after a random Andalite joins them, they might be able to take down the Sharing. Not the Yeerk Empire though, and not the Earth Invasion. Not a chance. They need to catch the attention of Vissers, and it was mostly Ax, Marco, and Erek that got them actually into Deep Trouble.

Tobias was like...The Ellimist's toy thing. :P His whole life seems to be a Space-Time Experiment by the Ellimist, right to the Hork-Bajir Valley stuff. The Ellimist seems to have wanted and needed a nothlit on the team. So he had to really jank with Space-Time to engineer the situation where someone would both want to be a Nothlit and then Want to Fight Yeerks. Tobias is way too perfectly coincidental. He's as coincidental as Harry Freakin Potter as far as "Living Your Destiny" goes.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Dear Sarah:

"I just don't have it in me to go through the nineties again after experiencing the wonder and joy that is the new millennia [sic]"? Was that irony, or is your protagonist really that pathetic?

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Ohkaaaaay.
Sirius I'm Serious chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Haha! That was really funny! You brought up a lot of valid points. Other than a few typing errors, the story was very well-written and obviously well thought out. Great job! It's nice to see a good story on a book series that isn't insanely popular! XD
Chirishman chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Diverge not divulge. An interesting and amusing take on the Self-Insert genre, these sorts of issues are the reason why many/most authors choose to have a Random Omnipotent Being (ROB) present such things fait accompli. That said, once done very few actually confront the emotional effect that it would have on their avatars in much more than a cursory way. Perhaps if someone explored a waking/sleeping body timeshare like in KA's Everqorld series?

Surprised quite pleasantly that people out there are still talking about Animorphs, it was my first love as a book series during childhood. I recently began rereading some of them after a flood in my mother's basement forced me to bring several boxes of my old books back to my apartment. Glad to see that other people still remember the Elemist and suchlike. Wonder what the Doctor would make of Yeerks. It'd be worse than the Adipose.
August Mayhem chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Was thrown a little off balance at the start because I thought it was your reasoning for writing the story, but I got into it easily and had a great time laughing at you debunking all the Ellimist's reasons of why you should go! Fun story!

August
Moka Raiden chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
lol please continnue XD ohh can i be in the story?
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Oh, I just LOVE this! That would so totally be me! I've always hated the "fan gets sucked in and fixes everything" plots, not to mention thought said fans were idiots for doing so. This is absolutely going on my favorites!
Miss Hinata chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Oh, man, that was a really good look at the book series. I think I'd love to see your character (girl or boy?) end up taking the Ellimists offer to find out if it was real, end up in the Animorphs Universe, and try to make things better without making things worse. I'm not sure if that came out right, but I hope you understand what I mean.
ShineX chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
amusing, lol
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
lol Best. Oneshot. Ever. I see your nitpicky nature just gets applied to EVERYTHING doesn't it? XD Technically, Marco wasn't that bad of a strategist compared to most 13-16 year olds, but yeah, I see your point(s). XP Poor Ellimst had no clue what he'd gotten into when he picked you. XD
Whatmesage chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
There is nothing more humorous than giving some deity-creature-thingy a headache. Although if you were ever interested, you could do another story where the Elmist somehow convinces him to go ahead with it.