Reviews for For Whom the Last Bell Tolls
rcfan77 chapter 1 . 2/18
Very lovely written! :)
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 1/3
The complicated set of motivations all rings true. OTOH, the simplest one may be the most powerful. Jane is, deep down, a good man. At the end he befriended Dr. Steiner, knowing he had a terminal illness. Being in a position to meet someone's last request couldn't be taken lightly. Refusing would have haunted him far more than being there, than giving someone that last small measure of comfort. Thank you for illuminating one of my favorite moments.
MerriWyllow chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I enjoyed this. My own analysis of Jane's reasons for staying hadn't gotten any further than "compassion" but really, compassion is complex. As Dr. House would point out, there are plenty of selfish reasons to act with compassion. I love how Jane knows that Angela does not want revenge; and that he knows she would want him to move on - that he is choosing this course of action for himself.
Anna chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Great, it would be great to read more from this!
s-damon-s chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I loved it ! It was bitter-sweet and I really enjoyed how you wrote this 'dialogue'. And I totally agree with your "author note", the writers are not really friendly with Jane this season, they make everything to isolate him from the others. That's so sad :(

Anyway, your end was full of hope, I like that. The "importance" of Lisbon is written just as I love it. You made a really good job. :)

Ps: I'm sorry if my english is bad somewhere in this review, I'm exhausted... :)
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I agree with you that they are putting to much stuff in the episodes. They are trying to hurry things up and to be honest, some of those things don't even make sense atm. They should plan it out more for other seasons. Because they also leave things inconclusive. :) But anyways, your story was well though out. I liked it. I do believe that even though Jane might not believe in Angels and God(stuff like that), deep inside he does, or at least wants to believe. That's what I think they want to show as well. For example when he got the Saint Sebastian medal.

I like Angela here. I like that no matter what, they always end up talking about him and Lisbon. She gives him nice comebacks. Yay! There he goes... to see Lisbon. Wonderful. 333 You did good again1!
boutondor chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I must admit, I didn't read the whole thing. Jane is atheist. That's not going to change. If at 40, 8 years after his wife and child were brutally murdered, he is still atheist, the (realistic) likelihood that it's going to change is basically null. This is really out of character.
Donnie chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I belive that Jane stayed because he fears dying alone, which no one should have that happen.

Very good story
LittleMender chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I always liked in Scarlett Fever when Jane tells the victim's little boy that he can talk to his mother and then lets him in on the secret that he still talks to his wife even though she's dead. It's almost an innocent side of Jane we don't see enough, so I like you use of that device here.

It occurred to me while I was reading your tag that there have been numerous references to being alone in this season. Lisbon doesn't want Jane pulling away and being on his own, the Santa that dies without having any real human contact, Madeleine's last words to Jane, and Jane staying with Steiner. I guess it's too much to hope they'll do something with that.

Anyway, I enjoyed this tag. So poignant. Sad but sweet.
Mia66 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Well I agree with you and anybody that says the writers are putting too much in to the episodes; they should have left the ending for at least another chapter.

Also I’m so frustrated when they didn’t give more info. About what Dr. Stainer was referring to Lisbon reminding him of someone obviously dear to him.

While I agree on the aspect of Jane staying for that reason (you explain in the story) I think he also did it out of compassion towards the . Jane is not as cold hearted as he wants to appear.

The conversation between Jane and Angela, you did really good

Well what do you think about venting more and writing another chapter this time with Jane and Lisbon talking about this and maybe touch into that reference the Dr. Sterner Mention?