Reviews for Red
oolie chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Loved this to bits. The blend of Dragon Age and Riding Hood, the dreamlike poetry of your prose, the image of the kaleidoscope, a little growing up- all of this is so masterfully woven. Your tapestry is just beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Fascinating, different, and not bad at all. Protective little wolf...
GlysMari chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
A well-formed and beautiful rendition.
Day of the Wolf chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Wow! That's wonderfully executed!
NoMadKa chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Another masterpiece again, and I love it
anonaurinko chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Really like your writing!

I wondered about the italics a little bit - the paragraphs are set apart by lines anyway, so I thought I was missing some point like a reference to POV-shifts? But since the italics are alternating between every other paragraph I guess you just used that to set them apart more clearly, right?

Again, wonderfull story, very good images!

Thank you for writing, I will keep reading! :-)
Aimi-chan chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Interesting twist on the Little Red Riding Hood tale, and Fenris does mean little wolf, so it does sort of fit. Ah, Isabela, you got to love her for her whore-ish tendencies.
Lizski26 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
this was just beautiful! wonderfully done!
Morrigan21 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Perfect blending of the Red Riding Hood story and the Hawke/Fenris relationship. Loved it!
MyNameIsAverage chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Absolutely fantastic.
Bell the Scribe chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
"All the colors

Of the rainbow

Hidden 'neath my skin

Hearts have colors

Don't we all know?

Red runs through our veins

Feel the fire burning up

Inspire me with blood

Of blue and green

I have hope

Inside is not a heart

But a kaleidoscope"

Last little bit reminded me of the Sara Bareilles song. I really liked this; it made me feel anxious and a little bit sad for Hawke until the end. It's a wonderful story done in a very appropriate sparse, but powerful, fashion. Enjoyed it.
codenamecynic chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I read this on the meme and just fell in love with it, so I'm glad to see it here too :)

"The wolf ate the girl, or maybe lured her to his bed."

Oh, man. That line gets me every single time I read this through. It's so lusty and dark, but at the same time it's kind of heartbreaking and sad. I picture Fenris in this line and all I can think of is how lonely he must be.

Bravo, fair author, you have a fangirl :)
Ubiquitcus chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Daaaw, I never get tired of reading these stories. You did a wonderful job blending the two different stories together!
serenbach chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I love how you carry the 'red' image all the way through. Great job! :)