Reviews for Cigarettes and Salvation
008800deleteme chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I'm slowly wading through the entire 4,000 submissions here and this is my favourite one-shot thusfar. Characterisation was spot on and at the end, I was really sorry to see OC go. Hope you get another plot bunny like it.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Beautiful
Incog Ninja chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Nice work. I actually teared up! Thanks for writing.
kaiiju chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
this... was chilling. In the best way.
I really appreciated your OC construction and POV, thanks for the read!
sorayy chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
You really did an awesome job on this story..
Though it's relatively short it is really really intense and reaches such an emotional depth it's just amazing.
I loved how you displayed the character of your OC though we never get to know her name for the entire story which keeps a certain degree of anonymity but lets the reader get a feeling of the situation at the same time.
You also Daryl's character spot on, he's just a 'survivor'. You chose the right words with that sentence. Great job. Also that he didn't shake her hand was so fitting. And that last sentence... argh that gave me the chills, woman..
Really awesome.
One of the 100 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
i can only agree with the other. it's very different to other stories on here, but it's awesome o.o
chabitso.0 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
i cried pretty much from the beginning.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Oh! And I also enjoy that you didn't describe Daryl as 'super muscular,' because honestly he does have muscle but the way some people describe him is a bit to much. You did absolutely perfect.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Actually got to me. I almost teared up a bit. Simply beautiful.
Such a short story, yet I think I'll remember it forever and not just as a "the walking dead fan fic."
Roses in May chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Wow, this was brilliant. I love that is wasn't another predictable "Daryl meets girl in woods who is just as badass as he is" story. It had great emotional depth and I really appreciated that the female character was simply resigned to her fate, no BS involved. Superb. As an aside, as a fellow smoker I know exactly the camaraderie of which you speak ) Sadly the smokers are getting fewer and farther between. I spend countless times outside school in the smoking area all by my lonesome!
Erin chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Beautiful.
Rae Montgomery chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Wow, I haven't read a fic like this before, but Im so glad I found this. It was so sad, but at the same time you wrote it so well that it really couldnt have ended any other way. I cant wait to read what else you have written. :)
alice in ponderland chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This is perfection as a oneshot. Sorry, about the cliche but i'm sat here weeping thinking that this is the best story i have ever read on here. All I can hope is that you write more of these because you have a talent.

~alice
kdoggt chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
wow. very well written. i like reading short stories, and i really enjoyed this one. loved the end especially. its true, smoking is a social event, and i could totally picture this happening.
Michelle chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Dude this was hardcore. I liked it. You're a spectacular writer.