Reviews for Blood and Rhetoric
Ygrain33 chapter 4 . 9/24/2011
Ah... I just love the various confrontations one can come up with when presenting Nathaniel. It's also good to be reminded that being the Hero fo Ferelden and stuff still may not be enough to overcome prejudice.

Great work, as always.
Judy chapter 4 . 9/22/2011
Aziethe chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
I kind of felt I'd been spoilered! Lol. (For SWSH).

Actually I assumed you meant Warden-Cousland when talking about Fergus for a bit since everyone calls Warden-Cousie Cousland (despite Fergus has the better claim since he's older.)

Omigosh, Arl Bryland must be throwing a fit to have his daughter (higher ranking than Alfstanna's sister) overlooked.

Anyway, nice to see a visible reminder of Fergus' jaunt in the Wilds, and I'm glad the reunion with Howe wasn't too acrimonious... Tabris will have enough crap to deal with without it.
braindead212 chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
Nice, I'm looking forward to the next update.

You describe their official relationship as neighbours but isn't the arl of Amaranthine traditionally a vassal of the teyrn?
CreatedInFyre7 chapter 3 . 9/16/2011
Yay you updated! :D :D lol.

Oh I can't wait til the next chapter. Update soon please?
Judy chapter 3 . 9/15/2011
Very well done!
Aziethe chapter 2 . 8/29/2011
I'm still enjoying this, though I admit it took me a minute to catch up to the premise. Is this the same Leliana/Tabris couple as in /Sink and Rise/? I assumed they were, which made Leliana's appearance possibly more surprising that it ought to have been.

Anyway, I presume Caron will now recognise Leliana as a Blight companion - Leliana seems to be counting on it, so I guess it would be helpful for Caron to have an 'in' when she arrives in Amaranthine (if Leliana accompanies her and/or sends word ahead of her own), providing Tabris is still in Amaranthine... sorry I forget if you've already covered that.
Usandru chapter 2 . 8/26/2011
This is quite good. A bit short to comment on such things as plotting and thematics, perhaps, but reading your other stories suggest you have a good grasp of this as well. The actual writing is GOOD, with little else that can be said. I do remember the description of the prison in chapter one to be somewhat clunky, but still passable.

The story itself intrigues me. No obvious shipping, female City Elf Warden, politics, and a rather less glorified view of the world than many others. It's as if you wrote this to appeal specifically to my tastes!

I do hope you continue, and best of luck to you.
Ygrain33 chapter 2 . 8/25/2011
- But of course this is worth writing! I sure did not expect Leliana's appearance, and I'd very much like to know what she is up to. The Awakening is such a fascinating theme, even if you don't use her further in the plot. And you'll be needing some outlet for yourself, anyway - I find most ideas for writing just when I have the least time for it. :-)
Judy chapter 2 . 8/25/2011
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Wow... this sure sounds intriguing! And I loved the last line :-)
Aziethe chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Ooh, I like Leonie. Defending a blood mage warden automatically makes her awesome in my books (also duelling one of Celene's sounds pretty epic). Plus the blood mage thing ties in with the overall arc of DA2.

I like the idea of looking at Ferelden during the events of DA2 (which really had not enough Flemeth, at all) especially if it sounds like Kallian will be hunting out Morrigan during the later years.

...Although I wonder if Leonie is going to have issues settling in since I would have thought that Nate (or someone similarly senior) would be taking care of things at Amaranthine atm, unless he's already left and the leadership hole at Amaranthine exists due to Anders imploding and doing his thing.