Reviews for Beast of Burden
PeacefullyJos chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
This is wonderful. I love when Humphrey's point of view of Chuck and Blair. I simply love it.
lil7miss7sarcastic chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Blair was meant for him and him only. And there wasn't any reason for him to be there anymore.

I just hope Dan gets this in his head. It will always be Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. Dan is just a distraction. So I hope he makes a wise decision and goes and hooks up with 'Cousin Charlie'!
lovetvtoomuchxo chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
You are such a great writer...

Loved the story...

Looks like its coming in the next five episode..drunk chuck..

Keep the writing up... And l will keeo reading them.. Xoxo
Lolavie chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
All-consuming, beautiful, broken, perfect, like Chuck and Blair were always meant to be. I loved this.
thegoodgossipgirl chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
phew. that was intense. BTW, I'm obsessed with the Stones so was all too ecstatic when I saw the title.
TheVeryLastValkyrie chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Dear Carolyn,

Myself and my...associate would like to thank you for your sincere part in bringing about an alliance between us. Despite the intoxication and emotional battery you describe, it appears that you only you in all the world understand what it truly is to be an animal well enough to write it, and write it well. Dan Humphrey is, of course, nothing; but then, you already knew that. You already understand the laws of inevitability and magnetism, and it is that which makes your writing so brilliant and unique (not to mention the amount of ravishing that goes on which is, without saying, highly satisfactory). My associate and I are infinitely gratified and hope to hear more from you soon.

Deepest regards,

C. Bass
svenjen chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Awesome little fic! Now lets hope this is so oon the show!
ADL1820 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Loved it!
tversky chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Wow. I'm not sure why you were wary of posting this I LOVED it. The passion, desperation and borderline crazy from Chuck was spot on. As Dan's detached writerly manner (i.e, the way he observes Chuck and starts to categorize). Lastly, I love how Dan is amazed by how Blair reacts to this monstrous Chuck: No fear. Just like she wants to understand him. That was PERFECT.

Anyway, really really loved it. Great job. :)
suspensegirlinc chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Was Blair's last line supposed to be humurous? The last few lines actually... Cause I laughed. I thought it was a great last remark. heh. I don't know what to think of this tbh...I mean, I love that you addressed her not knowing if they're meant to be, even if I'd rather you give them the happy ending than that open-ended left to be interpreted but you know somehow that 100 oneshots from now it'll all work out. lol. I loved Dan's POV in this & how he just KNOWS that CB are meant to be together. It made me sad how B was all pushing away. When she told him he didn't deserve her, I just about DIED. *sigh* But I suppose that is the way of things right now on the show...this was very realistic, though I don't think they're going to make Chuck drunk. XD Great use of the promo quote too. I liked how that would have fit in. heheh.

Anyways, couldn't resist reading this. Great oneshot. ;p
TriGemini chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
This was really great to read.

It wouldn't surprise me that while drunk, Chuck would attempt to find reason as to why Blair was pulling away from him and drifting towards somebody else; and that person, being Dan.

Because, it's true that Blair shouldn't need to be with someone like Dan, in order for Chuck to realize that he's lost the best thing in his life. And even though, Chuck doesn't deserve Blair, at this very moment-he knows that eventually, he'll have to get together if he doesn't want to lose her completely, in the future.

Enjoyed this, a lot.
Krazy4Spike chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I really love drunk and out of control Chuck. People tend to be very truthful when they are drunk and say things they would normally keep to themselves. I could actually see Chuck bursting into Blair's room and catching her with Dan and then in a drunken rage break down and spill his guts. He needs to be pushed and I am hoping that the current Dan situation will push him just enough to realize that Blair may have finally realized that she can be loved by someone else and he can't take her for granted anymore.
pty chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I know you like to write a lot Chuck/Blair/Dan stories and sometimes the idea of them makes me weary of reading them but when I do I always find that you make sense and you have purpose writing them, so I keep reading them whenever you publish one. Don't let any crazy Dair fan tell you what to do, writing these stories makes you happy and you are free to write what you want, if they don't like then they can read something else, nobody is forcing them to read want they don't like.
QueenBee10 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Loved it
E chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Chuck was very psychologically controlling in this. Interesting.

Blair is right, though, and she shouldn't need to get with Dan to get his attention away from Raina. That's ridiculous. He does not deserve her right now, but maybe he'll grow finally once he realizes he might lose her.