Reviews for Filigree
werewolf6780 chapter 41 . 7/15
Beautiful! Absolutely marvelous! You're an evil genius and what's better - Megamind stories! You're the best!
Jay Sketchin chapter 12 . 3/25
Oh my god. I looked up the cologne. HAHAHA, that's perfect! XD
Ukchana chapter 23 . 11/11/2014
The doctor is fucking hilarious! And sweet.

Poor Minion. Never to be around his own kind. Hell, he's pretty much the only one of his kind.

Great writing, as always! Now for the healing to begin . . .
Ukchana chapter 22 . 11/11/2014
Ah, much more realistic (and hilarious) yet also realistic!

I'm really looking forward to the next chapters, as there was obviously a LOT of time in between this victory and his final stage performance.

It's also interesting to see how Hal's personality is still altered due to the sudden power he had wielded before, yet now - without it - he is still a total asshole. The power may have temporarily transformed his body, but having it transformed his personality permanently - at least in the way that it made him unafraid of speaking his mind.
Ukchana chapter 21 . 11/11/2014
Interesting retelling of the phenomenal final showdown - well the flashy beginning, anyway. I'm not sure about Roxanne passing out. But it would make more sense, and for all the silliness of Megamind (the movie) they seem to appreciate realism.
Ukchana chapter 20 . 11/11/2014
I really enjoy seeing more of Hal's mindset in all of this. Watching the movie again, it's so clear that Hal could have been good if he hadn't felt so betrayed by his "space dad and mom" - I mean, it really seemed like Hal's own parents weren't too proud of him.

Maybe he did find villains more interesting, but there also could have been the feeling of knowing how it felt to never "get the girl" and be ostracized by society. Both nerds and villains have that. Didn't that turn a lot of nerds into villains too, in comic books and such? Hard to relate to the hero sometimes . . . too perfect, too unreal. So much easier to understand a villain.

If they were going to make it into a 3 part mini-series, I think they should go with your fanfic. :-D Sadly, a sequel doesn't seem likely.
Ukchana chapter 19 . 11/11/2014
I really love how you include so many parts to the movie without rewriting any of it (You may leave out some lines, but they're ones we already know.)

The conversation between Metro Man and Roxanne is richly deserved on her part. In that she needed to talk to someone about all her feelings and problems, and he is the only real sounding board. Though a frustrating one at such a tense time! But you turn it right around and make her shine so brightly, realizing and cutting all the fat from Wayne's bullshit to get right to his core. I really admire how smart you make her, and that wouldn't be possible if you, yourself (and possibly your amazing betas) weren't just as brilliant!

But I don't really think Wayne was evil. Both of them were crafted by their environments. Being stuck with rich parents who spoiled and bragged about you all the time would certainly make you feel great about yourself. And yet he realized he was stuck now, stuck in his role. It was wrong, of course, for him to choose the way out that he did. Such is life, though. Once again another great thing about the movie: nobody is really perfect. Everyone has flaws, and they are realistic.
Ukchana chapter 18 . 11/11/2014
Okay I know I should be leaving more reviews, but I am feeling sad. Ironically, that brings me to why I am writing a review!

It's a reply to your author's note. I personally have run into Megamind's problem with pronunciation. I read many books that used words I'd never heard pronounced before, and to this day there are still some words I pronounce wrong because nobody really uses them. A lot are from French, which of course makes it annoying because no English rules follow: hors-doeuvres anyone? (I had to look that up - I don't spell well either!)

So I think it's likely that the larger words or more rarely spoken in a prison system he pronounced the way they looked like they should be (or the way other similar words are pronounced, like "atrocity" thus "metrocity")

For "school" let's admit it: it looks like "schhhhh-oool". where is the "k" sound? Right? So I agree with you that probably he was like "Fuck it, this word makes no sense the way you all say it, I'm making MY OWN RULES for your language!" :-D

And on that note, I am going to try to write some actual reviews, even though I feel melancholy.
joanhello chapter 41 . 7/25/2014
After the discussion on tumblr, I realized I had never read past chapter 25. Glad I rediscovered it. You do the characters so well, plus you have a fine, clear style and the good kind of devious mind. Great story.
Inventor of ZADRF chapter 41 . 7/11/2014
Aww! Its over already! This was such an amazing story, definitely unique in itself. I would go read this over a million more times! I mean you just blew me away, and i plan on reading other stories you have and giving plenty more feed back :) Amazing job. And whats up with this M rated chapter you were talking about posting?
Inventor o ZADRF chapter 33 . 7/5/2014
I love how this wrapped up so neatly. Nice. Also i have to continue to praise you for how you notice little details from the movie. You've done very well
Inventor o ZADRF chapter 31 . 7/5/2014
I can see how you would be frustrated with this chapter, megamind and roxanne were frustrating me. I think the only problem is that they have been going in circles for quite a while. And most of all i think Roxanne is kind of turning into a bitch, which i dont think she is haha. But you're doing great moving the plot forward and.. Hal, what a little nerd..
Guest chapter 30 . 7/5/2014
Dude, david is like their freaking father haha, which i guess he basically is to megamind. I'm glad you added him, he's a good unexpected character that i didnt expect
Inventor of ZADRF chapter 25 . 6/29/2014
Soooo i believe this makes your happy 900th review! Yay!
Right now honestly i'm just wondering what else could happen with so many chapters left. And poor megamind! He's too darn sweet
Inventor of ZADRF chapter 23 . 6/29/2014
Oh lord, i have to say i think i know where this is going..haha i dont know. Love this chapter, and that doctor lol. That little 'moment' they had was just adorable though!