Reviews for Rise and Shine
mb64 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
What an excellent story. ( And what a powerful reminder that Sam would NOT have given up and not tried to find Dean in purgatory. Those writers better have a good explanation for us!) Anyway- I thought this was very, very good.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Wow...just found your page. That was great! Looking forward to checking out some of your longer stories!
goldenspringtime chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Aw poor Sammy and Bobby having to hear all that.
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Oh WOW. Wow wow wow wow wow. That was amazing. Heartbreaking. God I loved it. Very well done.
laurenhollie chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
You're such a great writer! Your drabbles and one shots are so well written and say so much in so little words. You say more than most writers are able to in 20 chapters (myself included!), congratulations!

As for this story in particular, it's so good to see writers recognising missed opportunities in the series and filling in the gaps for us. I always thought they glossed over the trauma Sam went through after Dean died, so it's great to see the pain he is hiding. And you've really captured that.

Thanks!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
The trickster's months with Dean dead did foreshadow Sam's turning to Ruby in the revenge crazed chase to kill Lillith.
SylverSpyder chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
I really love this one.
RogueStorm84 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
aww this was beautiful and so sad
SoulfulSam chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow. I always thought about how Sam must have been affected by Dean going to Hell and this was an interesting place to take it. I always love Drunk!Sam, he's so expressive when he's that way. I'm thinking about when Sam got drunk during the "Playthings" episode and his attitude here is a bit like that. And I really also like how you put in how dependent they are on one another. Neither boy can really go on without the other and it was so sad when Sam said that when Dean was dead he got so reckless and only wanted to go on long enough to get Dean back and didn't care about himself other than being able to accomplish that. It's definitely how I see him being during that time. And even now that Dean's back he's still haunted by the memory of having lost him, it's so in-character and I don't think they explored that enough on the show. Thanks for this!
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Vivid emotion. I can feel Bobby's horror at these revelations.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Wow - you really got to the heart of things with Sam here. Very well written.

(Very small quibble: faze, not phase, in this case. It's only noticeable because the writing is so good...)
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Mystery Spot has never been one of my fav episodes but that helped me understand it a bit more, especially from Sam's perspective. Thanks nicely written.

DeansBabyBird
Catsluver chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Great story. I love the very deep and complex character that is Sam Winchester. You write him so very well.
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Oh my gosh, this was incredible! And it just about broke me. Not exaggerating even a little. This was so beautifully written and perfectly in character. Dean was gone longer than he was when he really did go to hell. I have always felt that Sam suffered some serious PTSD from what happened in Florida. And if you watch all of the episodes from the beginning, I can pinpoint the moment when Sam totally changed. It was then, in Broward County, Sam has never been the same since. I adore Sam, well Dean too, for that matter, but he lost what remaining tattered shreds of innocence he had left down there in Florida. It's a truly heartbreaking episode. Sam is right. He doesn't do well on his own without Dean. I loved him telling Bobby about this. It was just perfect this way. Poor Sam. Thanks so much for this. I absolutely loved it! Can't wait to read more from you! *hugs*
naran2786 chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I absolutely loved this story. Your insight of Sam is absolutely perfect. What gabriel did was really very cruel and i always felt he had no right what so ever to teach them lesson and in such a heartless way and claim that he was helping them ...instead of helping he made sam more desperate and contributed in pushing him towards Ruby...