Reviews for And When the Fear Comes
Natalie Beck chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I can say that I wholeheartedly enjoyed that. It was different and I very much liked the perspective. Bravo on such a simple, lovely piece!
Ensimismada chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
The voice for the main character brushes with annoyingly familiar a few times but mostly is strong, believable, and consistent. Great job showing the human side of both characters, describing the awkward moments that make them human. I love the detail about the smell, and about Cole forgetfully using the toaster. The narrator's fate at the end was unexpected and a poignant touch.
Bears Love Tourists chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Quite a beautiful story.
AresLaw chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
While I COULD possibly in some way make some crack about" wtf am I reading?" or something, I'll just leave a nicer review saying great job. lol

It was very nicely done and buhlievable(intentional misspelling)and I liked how you gave the OC and Cole realistic interactions and your portrayal of a suffering Cole and a citizen who feels gratitude to the lonely man who works to "fix" his city. Well done
dragondancer123 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Wow. Loved this, I feel sorry for Cole when I'm playing sometimes. This fandom needs more stories like this!

Hip to be Square,

Dragon
MistressNixOfFerelden chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
I liked it alot. And I liked the perspective its in. And how Cole is still silent and strong and sort of vulnerable.
enRAGEd chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I had read this story awhile back and thought it was adorable, but I didn't get around to reviewing. So I figured that now would be the best time to do that, while I have a moment.

It's really great to see the situation in Empire told from the perspective of one of the normal folks. Someone who doesn't really know too much about the circumstances behind the blast, but who still sees everything that happens in the city itself.

I know a lot of places in this world where it isn't safe to walk outside because of armed groups shooting at one another. So it was quite cool to hear about people walking out in the streets just because they could. Tempting fate, showing courage just by being strong enough to venture outside.

I thought it was a really nice, plausible way that Cole kind of attached himself to this character. He sees someone who kind of stands out from the crowd and starts to look for him wherever he is. He gets it in his head that maybe this other person is different, like him. Not because he has powers but just because of the way he behaves. That really makes me happy.

I like how in character Cole seems here. All strong and silent. And I liked the little details, like the smell and the fact that he couldn't work the electrical appliances.

The hug was sweet. I like the idea of Cole finally getting a bit of affection with Trish being gone. Even though I thought Trish was great and didn't deserve to die, I was still glad they killed her, if that makes sense. It made the story that much stronger. But it was a crippling shame for poor Cole, and I'm glad he gets at least a little something to tide him over here. Proof that he's not totally alone and that some people appreciate him for what he does.

And that ending. Man, that's totally bitter sweet. I'm a big fan of things like that. Something a little bit sad. So it's nice to see it here too, even if I really did like this character.

Loved the narrative voice. You have a very strong writing style in this story. I think you did very well with this. Excellent work. Kind of wish more stories were this well written and provoked these kinds of strong emotions. Beautiful story.
Notableword chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I loved it, I liked the simplicity of it.

Gone were all the needless things, left were the human emotions of one that could be considered less/more than human. and the few quirks of Coles life were humourus. and the ending added a new layer, i loved how it doesn't conflict with the canon.
Valid User Name chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Just plain cool! It is weird how while playing the game you never really figure out some basic problems in the Electric Man's life. Anyway really cool!