Reviews for Smile
ew ew ew ew
MelodyJaikes chapter 1 . 3/6
An interesting concept that was well-executed, in my opinion. Being forced to smile constantly-especially at a place like the Institute-would definitely be enough to drive a person insane!

I'm afraid I don't read Poe so the parallels are lost on me, but I do know that describing what's going on solely through the character's train of thought can be a fun but difficult challenge, and I think you did a great job. Your sacrifice of proper grammar definitely helped the story flow. :)
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I'm just going to tell you to look at all the other reviews; they say exactly what I wanted to.
Amazing story.

-Aila
EVERanOptimist chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
You were right. This is really weird. Weird but good. I really like how "The Boss" wasn't even suprised and just told her (I think it was a her)that it was time for the Whiperer. Very Curtain like. :)
Casey Elias chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I'm completely going to agree with the comments already posted here. This story was amazing. It was creepy. It resembles the genius of the mind of Poe, without the complicated language. The ending...! That just did it for me.

All I can say is, great work. I'll certainly be reading more of your work...
AlmostInsanity chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Dearest Kahlan took the words right out of my mouth, and though I'm not a fan of repeating I simply must do it anyways; this was "truly amazing", and so delightfully refreshing. You brought forth a new character, a rarely used theme, and a wonderfully twisted (very Poe-like, indeed) story that I'm positively in love with.

Thank you for giving us this beautiful piece.

-Mezz.
ka has moved chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Oh my, Grammar, that was... beautiful.

I can't believe I didn't read this when it came out.

Your portrayal of Sophie's descent into insanity was disturbing, creepy, unsettling... certainly reminiscent of Poe. This is such a difficult thing to do, and you pulled it off wonderfully. The fact that it's not quite grammatically correct only enhances its power, don't worry.

And that ending was incredible. Just incredible. You truly have a talent; quality like this is so rare in the world.

Amazing. Truly amazing.