Reviews for Promises, Promises
TheBrokenNightmare chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I cried :( poor ruka. This was very well written and I like that it is based on them as adults! All the emotions of the characters and the despcription really made this a fantastic, though sad, story. Also sign me up for 'the burn in hell club'.
Melan Anime chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
poor! Ruka... so sad for her!
SK12Monster chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Awww that's so sad! And really well written!
DemonFiccer chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Very touching story. It is very well written, and pulls on so many of our emotions. Sign me up for the "I want this bastard to burn in hell" society. I'm ready to sign my name in his blood.
TheRoseShadow21 chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
beautifully sad.
Angelucie chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Angelucie: Nobody does that to my kid sister. NOBODY!

It's WWIII Sucka. And I'm coming for you. *Gets into midevil tank of death *

Leo, you're coming with me. Lets get this punk.
Dango-Chi chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
This is such a powerful story, but in a good way.

It shows the bonds between Rua and Ruka so well, I'm almosy convinced that this could actually happen in the series (As long as they don't show graphics).

However, I don't think Ruka would have backed down that easily. She may seem very fragile, but she is actually quite strong, and can hold off on her own. But you did mention she tried to fight back, so that was good.

You also incorparated a true statement- Female victims do find it hard to trust, and tend to feel uncomfortable when people ask questions and are with the opposite sex.

Well done.
BebePanda401 chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
This was such a powerful story. And I enjoyed it.

First off, the way you had written it. You write so simply, but it was so strong and effective, it literally had me off the edge of my seat. You wove together a hard gripping tale, and the emotions brought out by this was very realistic.

Rua and Ruka were depicated perfectly. Rua does have a strong desire to protect his sister, and I'm glad that you brought up that he couldn't protect her from everything, but he could try. Ruka was also in great character, and her smiling at the end was a clear shot that she was going to be okay.

However, the main reason I loved this story so much, was from how realistic it was. You do get alot of these types of stories nowadays, and this really brought awarness to this type of issue. The characters weren't just randomly placed either- you thought about their reactions which was brilliant.

Also, during the hospital scene, it was clear that you did your research. Females do tend to feel uncomfortable after a type of situation like that, even if they were near close male friends. I really understood. Also, memories are still fresh, which would be a bad experience for Ruka.

Over all, this story is a masterpiece. This really relates to a realistic issue, and wheather it was intended or not, thank-you for raising awarness.

Sorry for such a long review, but I had to get it all out. Well done.

Bebe
Mixer18 chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Law and Order touch. Now there's just the matter of the cliffhanger.
Star-Rose Lover chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
That made me kinda sad, but I could see Rua being like that. It was really good, I liked it. I'm glad Ushio and Mikage are having a kid :)

I wonder if Yusei and Aki will soon too. -
Pippa6100 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
...Very powerful fic. I love your writing style, it's like...you write with a purpose. If that makes sense, hehe. "

All the emotions were really strong, and everyone, I believe, was in character.

Um, I think I found a slight error? In caps...

"No more questions," she PLEAD. Mikage quickly obliged...

I think it should be pleaded? Also, when Rua mentioned Demak, he said 'Demark'? Unless we watch different subs, I think it's supposed to be Demak.

Again, really great one-shot. My favorite lines had to be when Rua said "Just watch me" and the last section where he swore he'd protect her. Keep up the great stories!
kenji1104 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Reading this story makes my blood boil *No not at you but to that Jurou*

Ruka's a sweet, kind and innocent(May I add, very beautiful) girl, she doesn't deserve to be treated that way! I really admire Rua, being a true brother to Ruka.

Now enough of that nonsense: Nice story as always Lu, well-written.
Exleader75 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
That was a powerful rape-type story you wrote. Good job. Now, this is why I like Ruka to stay single for the rest of her life, as well as the other members of Team 5D's.

Romance doesn't happen in YGO, even during the future. I would be surprised as f*ck if there would be actual romance between the characters of ZEXAL, though I'm already liking Yuma x Kotori.

If this could happen, but I so would be killed of suggesting it, but there has to be more Yusei x Ruka. I'm not dissing the Faithshippers, but come on! There's too much of it already in this fandom.

I detected tiny errors in the grammar but very unnoticeable if read at normal pace. A little too much "comma-ing". It was a pleasure to read.
The Key of Hope chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Really powerful story you wrote here. Great description, dialogue, everything. I think that the reason these 8 years stories are so good is because it puts the characters into a new light. We're used to seeing the characters in the way that they were presented in 5ds that seeing them in a new, more mature light is really refreshing. I hope to see continued oneshots along these same lines.