Reviews for Five Nights
InkedBaby chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Wow this is reaaally good
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Loved it:) sweet and innocent just the way it would have been with them:)
CoolKitty chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Breathtaking. I could feel the conflict raging in Edward's mind.
Renee Aubin chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
While I was already familiar with your wonderful story “Our Lives Unbound”, I came across this story on the “favorite stories” list of Woodlily, author of “FoxFire”. From your opening author’s note I knew this would be good: ‘Assuming you ignore Breaking Dawn and Stephenie Meyer's unhealthy obsession with abstinence…’ I'm most happy to ignore both!

You do such a great job revealing what Edward must be thinking / feeling at the beginning of this span of days, then ever so carefully and believably letting him open to new possibilities.

After the Florida trip:

‘She thinks that I'm rejecting her. I know I'm still rejecting myself.’ Sad for both of them.

After the Quileute bonfire:

Such a good statement of Edward’s dilemma: ‘I try to contain it all: the stress of having her in danger and my jealousy and my failing efforts to be the better 'man.'’

This is heartbreaking: ‘When she touches herself, I'm no longer certain she's thinking of me.’

The night before she hurts her hand slapping Jacob:

‘Ask me one more time, I beg her silently. I swear that I'll give in.’ Wow. So revealing, all the things he says aloud but below her threshhold of hearing.

‘I don't know how to talk like this, and yet I do. "Will you let me make you come?"’ Takes such courage for him.

‘I begin to pull away her clothing and my sanity.’ Excellent.

‘Determined now, I draw on every illicit thought that I have ever heard.’ Good for him – might as well make use of it.

‘I kiss her mouth to devour her scream, a single finger sliding just inside where I can feel her rhythmic clenching. I feel the love of my existence. Coming.
Because of me.’ Such joy and wonder for him.

The day after graduation:

A great job describing how the barriers he can't yet lower, frustrate her and destroy her confidence. However haltingly and indirectly, at least they manage to talk about it. "If I could dream, it would be of your hands on me," he finally manages to say. And admits he’s scared – hooray!

At last he gets that she needs this: ‘And for once, I want her to know exactly what she does to me. I want her to see herself the way that I do - as irresistible and sexy.
I want her to be confident in me.’

Another important revelation: ‘And it strikes me for the first time that she likes touching me.
I remember just how much I savor touching her. Making her feel good.’

Sigh, finally, a satisfied Edward!

The day after the battle with Victoria:

So aggravating that he’s having to deal with the night in the tent and that wretched kiss with Jacob! Let alone the self-centered "night of tears".

Oh, and this is the evening of the day in the meadow when he offers to do whatever she wants (and then SHE gets an attack of abstinence, arggh). Makes sense that this would be the evening when he’d offer to shower with her. Wow, what a huge step.

‘I feel her shaky hands move up to my collar, unbuttoning slowly as if she expects me to bat her away.
Not anymore.
Not ever, ever again.’ Nice.

Even better: "Whatever you want," I promise. "Take it. It's yours." Certainly should be true if they’re going to marry.

Love this: ‘I have been prepared to join her life to mine since the moment she found me in Italy…’ Don’t remember this in the book, but it should have been.

An all-too-rare moment of Bella saying something loving: "I told you. It wasn't a choice. I can't live without you…I won't."

‘I feel the weight of so much insecurity and anxiety as it washes away.’ Sigh.

I would quote the entire cunnilingus-in-the-shower scene, so let me just say “wow”. So beautifully rendered.

I like how Bella is so careful to be sure he’s really ready for "everything": ‘…her eyes intense as she searches my face for something.’

Sensational: ‘I feel her innocence yielding before me, but I do not mourn it.
Instead, I give her mine in return.’ Maybe my favorite line of all.

‘All the uncertainty that has plagued us since that very first day melts away in the wake of her heat and the intensity of this union.’ Thank the goddess. That's what sex is for!

Lovely conclusion: ‘And for the first time in my existence, eternity is laid out before me.
And nothing at all about it seems too long.’ Sigh.

For me, the hottest all-human sexy story will never have the sizzle and the emotional impact of vampire Edward – human Bella. Of course that takes considerably more thought and imagination. Thank you for writing it so beautifully!
callmepagliacci chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I really do love this story.
brenda.warren.1257 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
that was beautiful just wished it was longer its a great begging for a long story. and dont worry i never have like jacob sorry but thats just how i feel
ehqueue chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Hooowee that's some good lemon! Thanks!
bronzed topaz chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Very sweet and a nice rewrite of scenes in Eclipse. I love stories like this, and you wrote yours really well. You're really good at Edward point of view. I'm always left wondering what happens next though, but as I'm about to fall asleep, I have to cut this review short.

Thank you for writing and sharing this with us all!
Saydonee chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
loved it! i would love to see this expanded to a full fic :)
crookedsmile101 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Brilliant. Thank you for sharing.
OcSickGirl chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Love how the dates correspond. Cool concept,
Scorpius Malfoys chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Absolutely loved it!
peshiosha chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
ECLIPSE is my favorite book! ) thanks for making it even more! p

every touch... every whisper... every thought... is EVERYTHING that SM didnt say!

love your imagination )
prettyflour chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
This was wonderful. Loved every word.
irelandk chapter 1 . 1/8/2012