Reviews for Blood Ties
edwarrdelric chapter 14 . 1/27
oh my god! this story...this story blew my mind! i was a little reluctant at first because vampires and all that stuff aren't really my thing, but wow! I'm so glad I decided to read it. like every story of yours, you always potray the characters perfectly. if this were made into a movie, it'd be a killer.
ShadowPillow chapter 15 . 11/25/2014
This story was amazing. Just absolutely amazing.
Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 11 . 7/3/2012
Oh. My. God.
Sakura117 chapter 6 . 6/1/2012
I had to stop reading just to tell you this , this is a wonderful amazing story. This is really good :)
Radioactive Cupcakes chapter 15 . 4/28/2012
That. Was. AWESOME! I like it soooo much more than the movie.

It was superbly written. The differences between the people in amestres and their counterparts was great.

I was crying through most of chapter 14.

-Radioactive Tiger
Swordust chapter 15 . 4/10/2012
This was a great read; the best FMA story I've read thus far.

I'll be honest: I'm put off by vampire tie-in stories to existing ones. The concept in your header led me to humor you and read the first chapter, not expecting much. I'm glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised with how much thought went into this fic and how well it fit together with the first anime. I would openly welcome this story over CoS if it were possible.

It was a joy to read an alternate story to the first anime that had so much different, and yet not too foreign. I can only hope that your next big story continues where Blood Ties leaves off. Great work!
Yami no Ryu chapter 15 . 2/21/2012
I was listing all the things I like about this in my head-perhaps for a rec on my journal-and then I thought, why don't I review? It'll be much more valuable to the author. So.

First, I want to say, I had this HUGE smile on my face all through chapter 14. You write Ed with a delicate touch-not too angsty, but still guilty and burdened. Knowing he's done wrong, but not dwelling, because he still has things to do.

And not just Ed, either. All the originals I felt hit the perfect notes of character, though I especially loved Al (for all that we never got his direct POV). He was exactly how I see him in my head. Fics have a bad habit of making Al too whiny, or too clingy, or somehow less emotionally/mentally strong than Edward, when I believe that's not the case at all. I really appreciated Al's strength here. And the relationship between the brothers: superb. It hit all my relationship-buttons without being sexual. That's exactly how I want my (platonic) Elrics.

I love that Armstrong is the Fuhrer, and that Mustang had the strength to recognized his unsuitability for healing and give up that post. I'm not really a fan of Winry, but I can say that her characterization didn't annoy me, so bravo? Izumi always makes me squee, so any Izumi is good Izumi. It was strange to have Sig without her in London-as a character he's not very well-rounded in any canon, especially apart from Izumi, but you did a good job with it.

It was interesting to see how the doppelgangers differed from their Amestrian and canon counterparts. It wrenched my heart to see Hughes like he was, but at the same time it was a very believable descent into madness. I like your London!Bradley better than the movie's German!Bradley, perhaps because he's such a good (if evil) leader in Amestris that the part he played in CoS was a letdown.

As for Riza and Roy, both sets of them...congrats! The first anime always gave me a sense of sexual tension-well, that's not quite the right phrase, but you know what I mean-and I really like how you resolved it in Amestris and how you dealt with it in London. (SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE. I still don't understand why Mustang enlisted to the BACK OF NOWHERE and stopped using alchemy.) And slipping Black Hayate in there! Aw, for his bit part, he was so cute!

And just technically, your diction and syntax were great. I never felt the need to play that game I sometimes do with fics: the 'replace what's actually written with something grammatically correct' game. More than that, you weren't excessively wordy, and I never felt lost.

All in all, very well done. :)
Paper-Knights chapter 15 . 10/19/2011
Sniffle sniffle... I LOVEd Blood Ties, its one of the best FMA fics I have ever read! Sigh, I kinda wish you could do a sequel, but then that would ruin the ending. Anyway, you ROCK! See ya later!
adamjb chapter 15 . 10/8/2011
Hmn. Interesting take on Ed's time on the other side of the gate.
Pidgeon-san chapter 15 . 8/25/2011
Amazing story. Thank you for writing this!
TabbiCC chapter 15 . 7/21/2011
Wow. That was one of the best FMA fanfics ive read. Finally a yaoi-less fanfic of this quality. You made my week while i read this. To combine FMA and vampirism this seamlessly takes skill! Love the homoculous-vampire idea! Great writing! Thanks for posting this!

TabbiCC
TabbiCC chapter 15 . 7/21/2011

TabbiCC
Snot chapter 15 . 7/7/2011
Wow. This story was wow. Epic. So epic.

I definitely felt content with the fates of the characters at the end, as opposed to the "that's it? THAT'S IT?" I felt the end of the movie. I like how you preserved the movie's sentiment of moving forward and thinking of other people, but you definitely added a depth of poignancy (and of longing and loss and love) that was all your own.

I'm not going to lie: I maybe cried a little.

Best moment: I think I'm going to have to cite the entire Reunion chapter for this, although I love the line: "Don't keep Major Hawkeye waiting anymore. She doesn't put up with you just to get promoted, you know." And the fact that Winry says it.
skepsis66 chapter 15 . 5/18/2011
Epic tale. The grueling things that all of these people had to experience, all the horror and the tragedies, painted such a vivid world. I was completely caught up in the Hunter's struggles. The hope that Ed offered to them triggered in them a ceaseless will to fight against the vampires for as long as it took - I was incredibly moved. The scene where Roy gains Ed's memories was a highlight for me - it was heartening to see him finally muster up the courage to become more than he was. Brilliant writing!
Esreque chapter 15 . 5/14/2011
Loved every inch of this story to death, it was amazing! I only wish it could have ended with the brothers and not the other world. It would have given it a firmer sense of completion...
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »