Reviews for What Beautiful Hearts Want
Safiiri chapter 4 . 7/4/2011
Love it! :) Just the right amount of everything imo (drama, tragedy, makeup sex, etc /grin)
cole231 chapter 4 . 6/10/2011
Yey! I love this story. The ending is simply beautiful..i hope you eventually write yumikaku again, you do the characters such justice..
cole231 chapter 3 . 6/10/2011
Lol, this is just hilarious. I love your Urahara..
helinamica6577 chapter 4 . 5/11/2011
This is my first time readin a story about them and since this was quite good I'm sure to read more. Very nice job!
ravensterling123 chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
awwwwww 3 yea! they finally got together! Amazing chapter!
ichibanseiken chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
Well done! Of course I'm happy to see them together, but I'm even happier to see Yumichika accept his scar. Hopefully he'll see that he's loved for more than his appearance.

BTW anal sex without lube is supposed to be possible but *extremely* uncomfortable...I have this third-hand, but the source is good. So, be nice to the boys, please :-)

You did such a nice job getting Urahara involved. He's such an instigator, but this time he was using his powers for good.
cole231 chapter 2 . 4/28/2011
AW. So cute..and secretly sexual XD(my favorite kind of course). I really love this story, dumb ikkaku horney yumi, what else can go right? Hopefully someone gets some soon cause im dyin!
cole231 chapter 2 . 4/27/2011
ichibanseiken chapter 3 . 4/23/2011
Well, I for one am thrilled that cole321 disagrees with me, because it allows us to explore different facets of a very interesting character.

I see what you mean by the "flamboyant gay man" part and I've also known gay guys who were sort of flamboyant, but I've never really seen them during their clingy moments and that's situational, I'm sure. You're right, everyone clings. I wonder, though. There is a lot of fanfic out there with Yumi being clingy and insecure, but canon doesn't reflect that. Thus my previous comment. And I love Yumichika. It's funny...I've always been a tomboy, and I'm learning that being a woman, a strong woman, and a beautiful woman is all internally compatible, and my role model is an anime drag queen :-)

Review-wise, very nice chapter. The boys are having some trouble communicating, but into every life some rain must fall. They'll work it out eventually.
Totoromo chapter 2 . 4/12/2011
I love IkkaxYumi stories, I'm glad you're writing one!
strawberry-shinigami-squad11 chapter 2 . 4/11/2011
keep at this this is awesome
novicestar chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
I like it! Please write more! :) x
cole231 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Hm well I completely disagree with ichibanseiken. I think that a clingy Yumichika is just what comes with the Yumichika territory, especially when dealing with someone like Ikkaku. There is a reason he's been following the same guy around since the Rukongai. I don't yet see the OOC, people have weak moments no matter how strong they are and you just happened to capture Yumichika in his. Yeah, he's going to eventually have to do something a bit more 'Yumichika like' but for now I like where this is going. (and yes I've seen my fair share of gay men be clingy to their boyfriends so I think his mindset in this is right for now.)

I love the way it's written. Yeah I get the whole 'Yumichika is a man' arguement but I don't think people see him for what he is. He is a flamboyant loud gay man who like sparkles and pretty things, eventually your gonna see him act a little girly. This story, case in point.

So to summarize, I like it so far. Can't wait for more!

-cole
ichibanseiken chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
It's not "bad" as such - the writing is well done. The only thing I find off is Yumichika's extremely clingy attitude. The guy's a warrior. He has his own zanpakutou. He has his pride. Sure, he may be heartbroken and all that, but I really don't see him as that dependent on Ikkaku. That would be unbeautiful. (And guys don't get that clingy, not even gay guys...unless he's like Luppi, and I like Yumi a whole lot more than that :-)

If you can give Yumi some spine and have him do something admirable, then he'll be more in character, and also Ikkaku will find that a lot more attractive than having to worry about his too-fragile feelings 24/7.

Keep it up, it has potential. The Yumichika suicide story's been done before, question is, what do they do next? I'm curious to see how you'll spin this yarn.
ravensterling123 chapter 1 . 4/6/2011