Reviews for Proof of Life
Sora Matasuki chapter 8 . 4/28/2013
*starts bawling* oh good word that was so sad! Was that the spirit of Josh we heard though I wonder? Hmm... Still kudos for making me need tissues... Excellent piece of work right there.
HellsingDog chapter 8 . 1/6/2013
I can't BELIEVE I haven't reviewed this story. I read it back then and I loved it! And I still love it now! I'm still shedding tears whenever I read the epilogue. Day 7 was sad but the epilogue has that certain feel in it. That feeling of sadness and longing of those people who are left behind but at the same time trying to go on normally with their lives. I really felt those emotions especially when Neku was waiting for a reply from Joshua but there's only silence.

But what moved me the most was:
Back in front of the café, on the sidewalk, the two empty gift boxes sat quietly under the snowy night. The memories of two important figures and friends remained still despite the relentless ticking of the clock.

While the rest of the world moved on.

—Last Chapter

"Merry Christmas to you too, Neku dear. Hee hee."

I like that Neku will never forget his memories with Mr. H and Joshua. A friendship that special should never be forgotten. And Joshua somehow greeting neku (that probably neku didn't hear *cries*) means that Joshua still remembers him wherever he is.

I really can't express it in words just that I really love this story and everyone is in character till the end. It's really sad but still a great story.
Gumifan chapter 8 . 11/23/2012
THIS STORY IS BEAUTIFUL. I cried so much. Good work. One of the best fanfictions I've read.
Uqluiorra12345 chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
OMG WHY DID YOU MAKE ME CRY SO MUCH!? D;
It was so beautiful...
haluby chapter 8 . 11/10/2012
Damn it this make me cry so bad D:
Anonymous chapter 8 . 8/24/2012
Well then... That's alright. No problem. I didn't need that heart anyway, now that it's broken and all.
AkaiChouNoKoe chapter 8 . 6/15/2012
This is really sad and beautiful at the same time. I'm sorry that I didn't review all of the chapters but I just couldn't stop reading. Yeah, I downed the whole 8 chapters and it's 3.30 in the morning now.

Anyways, this story of yours successfully made me cry. A good thing everybody's asleep so no one saw me hehe..

Here's hoping to hear more from you
Nix-the-Neko chapter 8 . 4/24/2012
*loud inhale*

JOSSHHHHUUUUAAAAA!

Now that that's off my chest, this was a fantastic story. Yes, there were a few mistakes in the un-beta'd chapters, but that's to be expected. It's nothing terrible and nothing noticable. I always knew who was talking. You caught me completely off guard with the ascending thing and knocked the wind out of me with the loss of memories and everything. I can definately see where you got inspiration from. That Vocaloid song, right? Please tell me that Joshua has something left... even just a wisp of something...

Who's going to replace Joshua as the Composer? I... don't think anyone could. Joshua is the Composer... he's a prissy, secretive, too-cool-for-school, asshole... but no one could ever be a more interesting or fun Composer in my eyes. Sure, faults, but he changed his mind and improved...

Best TWEWY story I have ever read.

Ever.
Nix-the-Neko chapter 7 . 4/24/2012
I'm crying. You have the exact style of writing that is my emotional weakness. Everyone is IC, I can hear them in my head perfectly.

Why...? I'm with Neku...

You are such a good story teller...
Nix-the-Neko chapter 6 . 4/24/2012
The Neku/Shiki made this chapter more bariable for me. So much angst... but I love this. You really do have talent in this fandom, I hope you continue to write more.
Nix-the-Neko chapter 5 . 4/24/2012
No! Not Mr. H! He was the awesomeness of the game! They... they can't...!

I think I love you. I haven't gotten so emotional about a fanfiction since Pedestal.

Keep writing, please.
Nix-the-Neko chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
Oh my... they're forcing him to ascend? But why? I don't...

You better take care of him, Neku Sakuraba!
Nix-the-Neko chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
'No, must fight emo urge…must fight…'

I c wat y did thar

No, really, I love it when people can find a good place to put in actual quotes and have it still work.

I've been super sick before, toast works just as well as soup/watery foods do too, actually. I love Neku right now.

About the cooking part, I've personally always seen Neku as someone who knew how to cook because I saw him more or less just taking care of himself.
Nix-the-Neko chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Die...?

Why? You're so cruel! First you took away Mr. Hanekoma, now Joshua's dying?

I noticed that the reverse of Monochromatic Thread is happening here, or that it almost is.
Nix-the-Neko chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
How is Neku going to get involved? He isn't dead! I'm interested!

Mine if I make a few notes and semi-beta this because I saw a few errors.

The angel gave a sigh. "And you're in position to be demanding anything?" he gave a shrug. "You know your punishment won't be light either."

(Who shrugged? If it's this Astral fellow, then there should be a comma there. If it's Joshua, then please say so.)

It is not insignificant," the Composer shook his head stubbornly. "Not in my eyes it isn't."

(There should be a comma right after 'my eyes' and before 'it isn't')

There's a few more, but actually your writing isn't bad. It's really good and you are terrific at keeping both Mr. H and Joshua in character so far. I don't think that the plot is cliche, but that might just be because I am new to the this particular fanfiction archive.

I would be completely willing (and would love) to beta this for you if you want me to so that some of these tiny mistakes will disapppear.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »