Reviews for Werther's Dirge
infinite vertigo chapter 1 . 2/28
Absolutely beautiful and breathtaking... it broke my heart, but in the best way possible. It's always refreshing to see Izaya being the vulnerable one instead of the one being in control and pulling all the strings. Thank you for writing and sharing this!
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
This was a very interesting and different aproach for those two. I like it very much. Thank you for the awesome read.
NessaTheSinner chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Makes me wanna cry YY Izaya-sama 3 if you were real and felt this way I'd stay with you! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!
MrsNyan chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
;_;
Blushing Aniki chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
...I'm at a loss for words. I couldn't stop crying after the bedroom scene. Izaya really needed a hug. Even though we know from the novels that he's just a lonely guy, this fic took that fact up to eleven. It hurt. It really did. In the end, I truly wish he could be a happier guy after all of this.

Thank you for writing this.
WelcometotheNewAge chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Wow, this was like a masterpiece. That was so sad, but... epic. I feel like it has a sad reality to it. I love this pairing, but this is more realistic. It was beautiful and sad and I just wanna give Izaya a big hug right now. Poor guy. The thing with his parents was excellent, and the green tea, and the way she whispered Seiji's name when they were having sex. It was just haunting. Well done.
AutumnMobile12 chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Great fic!

I like how you write Izaya's vulnerable side without making him out of character.
natabee chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
This was so sad. I almost cried...poor Izaya...Your writing is beautiful, it brings forth emotion and the endless descriptions are breath taking. You have a gift.
blackwingsgreeneyes chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
A truly beautiful story :)
Reinstated chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Can't believe that I've only found this brilliant piece now, after all these years of being in the fandom. But let me tell you that it IS brilliant, and it's shattered my heart. I think the way you wrote Namie was incredibly in character, as much as my fangirl side doesn't want to admit. And Izaya... oh the poor dear.

Great to read from you again, though. You don't fail as always. (Once I was one of your regular readers ;) but I changed accounts)
NotProcrastinating chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Aw... So sad... Makes me feel kinda sorry for Izaya... Poor Izzie-kun! D':

But this was a pretty good oneshot btw. U did a really good job describing the story and everything, really! Great job! :)
m3wm3w chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
what a great storyline! my heart is breaking into a million pieces - this is truly outstanding!
F8WUZL8 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
So... Intense. Amazing Izaya. It always irks me when people review my stories and yet have nothing to say but I'm sorry- that was just perfect. And who am I to speak in the presence of perfection?
Ohmigod chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Poor Izaya :c unrequited love is a horrible, horrible thing. This fic made me want to cry. Bravo.
Ventiwings chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I'm still quite new to Durarara! but this pairing intrigued me so I tried it out. The writing style is something that I've tried my hand at, but never successfully done due to being influenced by casual dialogue "

The pacing was well done and the characters were quite in character from what I've seen so far in the series. The use of words, of using them in a way that would detail their relationship was splendidly done and it would shake up most readers (depending on how they react to this sort of stuff). Falling in love and being broken due to it can really shake up people, but being able to portray it with the characters of Izaya and Namie? Now that is admirable, so to speak.

The part where you wrote of Izaya's parents nearly got to me. Who do they think they are of giving their child such a twisted version of love? Sure it's sweet with the concept of long goodbyes, late night talks and whatnot, but neglecting their child? That's a flaw, but what relationship doesn't have one? ...Eh...I'm getting ahead of myself, sorry, I like to ramble. It's these kinds of stories that make me do that! Sorry!

Okay okay. So at the end, you made me say something I didn't think I'd say and that was: "Poor Izaya..." because seriously, he could take a punch, an insult, near death experiences (cause I'm pretty sure getting hit by a vending machine thrown by Shizuo would be a cruel way to die and whatnot, but it's all fictional so I'm getting ahead of myself.) but love? That's the real adversary for him. Seriously, you got me saying that and that guy is pretty psycho from what I've seen so far. ...For some reason, he's my favorite so far in the series ; hahah. I'd better stop rambling now.

Ventus