Reviews for Waiting At The Steps
jujitsuelf chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Lovely! Gut-wrenching, but lovely!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Lily Zen chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Some minor spelling/grammar errors, but that's nothing I'm sure you wouldn't catch if you combed through it a second time. Incredibly beautiful, heartbreaking snapshot you've written. You can feel that horrible mix of dread/hope/anticipation in the main character. Very poignant. Thank you for sharing.
tellygirl chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
This was wonderful!

You managed to convey the extreme emotions experienced by those waiting for news of loved ones who have just fought in a battle.

This was very moving, thank you :o)
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I like this on so many levels.

There is the emotional level, letting us inside the desperate wait. There's the part where we focus, not on the warrior, but on those who wait for the warrior's return.

Most importantly, you bring it down to everyday people. The heros we don't sing about. In the grand tale of adventure our eyes are focused on the main prize, on the original members of The Fellowship we forget about the 'every man.'

You brought them home. Thank you.
Ashlyn Blackstar chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
This was uploaded from OpenOffice. I'm not sure how to fix the formatting
Alex Kade chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Was the formatting supposed to be like this? Makes it just a tiny bit difficult to read, but that's okay! Not complaining!

Sometimes the shortest stories can be the most powerful. This was really well done, capturing that very essence of anxiety that anyone must feel when their loved ones are out to war. The mix of relief that the fighting is over coupled with the fear and sadness that her love may not return was perfect. And that last line! Wowza! Yep, sad as it would be to find out that he was dead, the not knowing is the worst of all. Great job with this!
Aislinn Graves chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I am so proud of you for this story sweetheart.

As a teacher I am thrilled I was able to teach you something, as a mom I am so proud of your accomplishments. And as the wife of a soldier also waiting for my love to come home, I am moved to tears.

Well done!~
Evereven chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
A profound and moving glimpse of war. Very good.