Reviews for To Each His Own
Dawn of Time chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Look at me, snooping through my reviewers works lol :) I like stories that have episodes in them, it's like getting a second viewpoint on the subject matter. I think you potrayed Rex really well, and his thought seemed in character too. I really liked this: "If you had asked me that the day before I would have looked at you like someone had crossed your genes with a Hutt." I could just picture a clone staring with that 'what the heck?' face. I enjoyed reading this!

-DOT (Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!)
kiyohunter chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
I've decided to go through all your fanfics after reading "When Night Falls," and I must say I am impressed by your writing. I have trouble writing what charactes might be thinking at any point in time, so I enjoy all those bits when Rex is struggling internally. Thank you for this fic.

On a side note, I read your A/N at the bottom, and I have to agree that I doubt there will ever be an official Rex/Ahsoka pairing. Y'know, I was almost convinced there was something between those two when the series first came out. But now...no, I don't think there will be. ): But in response to your question (which your probably forgot you asked; I shouldn't randomly respond to old stuff all the time), I don't think a hint of Rex/Ahsoka would be a good idea in this fic. Especially if you want it to be canon. I think they are just good friends at the moment.
Nisha A. Hailm chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
WOW I love the way you worte this story.

I like your take on Cut and Rex's conversation.

A lot nicer of a take than mine.

Thanks for posting this. :)
Slade1987 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
You've managed to capture the very essence of the dilemma faced by so many clones in a very succinct and poignant manner.

Your ability to use the first person should also be commended. It's a form I have never been able to capture I'm afraid.

Very nicely done and yes, I do intend to read each piece from oldest to newest in case you are wondering.
The Righterzpen chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Good story. I wanted to read it when I looked at your profile the other day when you sent me a message.

I like it - well written and good interplay with the words and thoughts of Rex.
reulte chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Really very nice... excellent internal dialogue.
laloga chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I think you handled Rex very well at this stage in his life. He's still, as you said, a "stock clone" and hasn't really given much thought to the world outside of his immediate orders. But he's learning. That is probably my favorite thing about the clones, the way they learn and grow, how they each make their own journey to becoming "real" men and not just numbers.

You did an excellent job capturing this moment for Rex. Cheers!
Canadiancloneluver chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Rex teads to lossen up after No prisoners if you've read that book. It's by Karen Traviss. I don't know where on the SWTCW timeline it fits in, but he does loosen up in that book. Making it intense was actually a very good idea, sometimes you have to go a little OC with a character to make them fit. Very well done.
CherryBlossom713 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Personal I really like this story. I think you did a great job writing the inner montalogue going on between Rex and himself. He probably was forever changed by meeting Cut and his family.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see more of your writing.

~ CherryBlossom713
Kat chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Good, like your story from Rex's POV. In regards to a Rex/Ahsoka pairing no one would mind if you broke from canon, u never know it could come true. :)
Queen chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Great exploration of what Rex was thinking during the course of 'The Deserter', and that particular conversation with Cut. Curious though, that Rex would consider Cut no better than Slick - they both did what, in his mind, is wrong, but Cut just sort of...let himself be assumed dead, while Slick went on the attack.

It was nice, too, how you tied in Rex's contemplation of Cut's children in with his declaration of why he fights - by saying 'our children' he's really acknowledging that Cut has a family outside of the GAR, as well as the potential for him to as well.

lol, I love me some Rex/Ahsoka hints, but it doesn't feel necessary here, as it's really about the debate between Rex and Cut. Nicely done!
PenNameofMine chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Wonderful! I think this is an EXCELLENT story. You really captured the moment, good job!
Fox Scarlen chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Nice! Very nice! I think you did a wonderful job here, bringing across Rex's conflicting emotions. Though we got a hint of those in the episode, you've really delved deep into his mind, to figure out what he might have been thinking.

Loved it! Great job! ;)
shakespeareaddict chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
this story is very believable and cohesive-i have a hard time believing this is the first thing you've written. it's probably better than anything i've posted so far. i think it's good to not mention any possible pairings right here-it leaves the story very open to interpretation, and the idea that this "wouldn't be the last time I disobeyed an order" is very realistic and opens a lot of avenues to future stories, if you ever wanted to write more. also, you allow yourself the oppurtunity to write more than one story that refers to this oneshot, some canon-ish and some more fanon-y. on the whole, i think you had Rex's personality down to a 'q' with this. i look forward to more.
Broken-Jedi chapter 1 . 4/6/2011