Reviews for Out In the Open
BarbT chapter 6 . 9/26
I really love this, I wish you would write more to it!
Excellent story!
Mari83 chapter 6 . 8/7
This is my favorite ever Dudley fic. I had only wanted to read this last new chapter, but then I went back to the beginning and couldn’t keep myself from sneaking in reading while I should have been working. It’s just amazing what you did with the givens — this is not the Dudley we usually get to see in fic and yet it’s the most realistic portrayal of the damage his upbringing did too him too. (And here, too, to imagine how things would have been different if Harry’s parents had lived) As usual, your character just feel so naturally real in their conflicts and domesticity — it so makes me feel for Dudley that he has found Aaron _and_ his family, such a contrast to his own. That last line about not having stayed with his parents on his own volition — very poignant.

Thanks for sharing:-)
Noonie chapter 6 . 7/25
i'm so glad you are back writing! I have my email keyed to notify me if you post. You are one of my favorite HP fanfic authors, and Ive read many. You and Northumbrian though just write so well!

I feel for Dudley. I'm glad he has surrogate parents. It sounds like Aaron might be the one Dudley marries - I hope so! He has his faults, as his Mom pointed out, but his heart is in the right place, and that counts for a lot.

Hope you keep writing!
Oh my god I am so happy to see you posting again!

I keep your page on my phone bookmarks and check every few weeks. Seriously.

I love how real your writing is. You focus on everything to the little details to real conversation and I absolutely adore how you've expanded the characters stories, especially Dudley!
cinroc chapter 6 . 7/25
I am so glad another chapter was added to this story. I have really missed Dudley and Aaron. Thank you for bringing a little sunshine into my day!
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 6 . 7/24
Love this side of Dudley.
CauldronCalamity chapter 6 . 7/24
This a beautiful story that i wish I has found earlier. I can't wait for more.
Rachel chapter 6 . 7/22
I am SO GLAD to see you post again! Yaaaaaaaay!

On to the chapter. Yet another lovely addition to Dudley's story. I really think you've done a terrific job of capturing Petunia and how Dudley (probably) feels about his parents later in life. Well done. Please keep posting!
thankthatstar chapter 6 . 7/24
I have LOVED your Hp series. I am currently on chapter 81 of Questions and Answers but don't want to read anymore just yet as I don't want it to be over. I have literally spend the first week of my vacation reading all of the stories in that series (apologies for my random and sporadic reviews throughout... I was so busy reading I forgot to review most of the time). By the time I reached the end of a chapter I was usually in tears too. I don't really know what I can say about the series but I just LOVE IT. It feels like it is the real story of what happened in those 19 years and beyond. I have been reading bits of the actual books while reading your stories and it was so easy to pass between them seamlessly... You really do have a talent!
I actually started looking for fics to fill the 19 year gap and this one is words above any other.
I write my own stories (although haven't published stuff for ages) and now when I am writing HP stuff, I can't imagine any other post DH universe other than what you have created. I have even found myself writing Bronwyn etc into my stories... It just doesn't make sense for Charlie to be with anyone else.
Although I would call them interludes to your work rather than stories as Nothing I could create could come anywhere close to your work.
Does that sound crazy? Apologies for rambling.
If I was ever to publish any of my one shots (more drabbles really) ... Would I be able to use the characters from your universe e.g. Bronwyn etc in my work. I would give you full credit and link to your stories. If I don't have your permission I won't publish anything.
Again, thank you SO much for writing these. Will you be updating any of the stories e.g. Questions and answers or any other?
Or planning to write anymore that fills in the time gap for the families (i think it was roughly between Lily being 6-10 ish).
Hope you get this okay and if you have time might be able to reply.
Madam-Merra chapter 6 . 7/24
So very well done. I can't wait to read what's coming.

~ M. Merra
Procrastination Is My Game chapter 6 . 7/24
Another great chapter! I would love to see Aaron introduced to Harry and the rest of the magical world :) looking forward to reading more soon!
I love this story and was fearful that it had been abandoned. Welcome back! I hope you will be able to continue Q&A, as well.
SWChica2005 chapter 6 . 7/23
Glad you're back...I was getting worried when there hadn't been an update from you in awhile for any of your fics. Great update! Looking forward to more!
Euclidian chapter 6 . 7/22
So very glad to see you're back! The story is moving along just as it should. Miriam is the Jewish mother we would all like to have. I hope you intend to take us all the way to D&A's inconsolable infant in Q&A. And, of course, hoping to have more of Q&A - Al and Scorpius deserve to be, and need to be, the friends they started out as.