Reviews for Out of Tune
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
So what does House play?

Great writing...actually REALLY great writing
BabalooBlue chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
This is so good, so well written it should've been part of the show - this would've been perfect for a flashback.

Getting into House's head isn't easy and you've managed it perfectly.
The whole atmosphere is one of equal parts resignation and desperation, it all feels quite claustrophobic. "I don't want to hope for something better. What if this is all there is?" For me, those two sentences sum up House's state of mind perfectly.

I love how their friendship is just simply implied for Wilson, he wouldn't even consider anything else. Yet, for House even this isn't certain (like so many other things at the moment).

A great story, I'm glad I found it - going straight into favorites.
Christin chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Hey there!
Very well done, I love your story. I can totally imagine House and Wilson having the exact conversation, it's like you have filled in some blank in the series.
I am also impressed by your inside view on House, seems so in-character.
HughIsMagic chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Great story, I like your writing style.
I've always had these questions that no one (and the show) has heard an answer from:
How Wilson became House's medical proxy? and
How he became the doctor who is responsible of his pain management?
You wrote the answer, a good one btw.
I'm going to read the rest of your stories on HouseMD.
maria-eleni chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Excellent! the way you got in House's head and projected both his despair & frustration. Wilson is also very IC. I loved the way you showed how Wilson taking for granted that they are friends finally shook House out of his despondency.
Could you please write more House fics? We need them now that the show is over.
EpicProblem chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Ahh! Okay story time: I read this fic ages ago and had no idea you wrote it! And it is so good! Loved it back then and love it now when i reread it! And after watching the finale it's even better. I love the 1st person narrative. It was subtle, perfect and in-character. Getting into House's head is a daunting task but you made it work extremely well. I can imagine this being the way it happened in cannon- this is not fanfic-ish at all (yes this is a compliment) in fact, I can easily see this as a scene, it was definitely easy to picture the events as you presented them.
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. It's absolutelly brilliant, it would make DS proud.
smiddlecn chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
I just read Out of Tune on LiveJournal, but for the life of me could not find a place to post a comment! This is one of the best House stories I've read in a long time. You did an outstanding job of getting into House's head and expressing how he was feeling-all the mixed emotions and the anger. I also like how you portrayed Wilson. Both your dialogue and your descriptive writing are marvelously done. Is this the only House story you've written? I'm disappointed! I was so ready to read more House fic from your talented pen/keyboard!
08joanna chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
I really enjoyed this - always love different takes on the post-infarction period. I do have the feeling that Wilson was probably aware of what was going on with House much sooner than 5 months after, though, based on canon, but your scenario works too. One word of constructive criticism you might want to pay attention to for future stories - watch your tenses. Most of this story uses the present tense for what's going on between House and Wilson, but then you slip into past tense once in a while, which is disconcerting. One example "I feel Wilson's gaze back on me, along with a stab of pain in my thigh. I grasped it tightly..." If it's "feel" (not "felt"), then it should be "grasp", not "grasped." Hope to see more from you.
Bioluminescence chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
This was just perfect. I'm not usually fond of first person perspective, but you nailed it so well it seemed natural and an ideal fit for the story. House holed up in his apartment, tortured by the emptiness and the pain, hiding from everyone and not even telling Wilson about it seems perfectly in character for him. Wilson was also very in character. Such a lovely fic! Thanks so much for writing and posting it. I do hope you'll write more in this fandom.
harpomarx chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Wonderful story! Just enough detail and angst, and so in character for both of them. Really well done. I hope you do more.

-harp
MidLifeCrisis chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Extremely well done, Scarlett! You really should write and post more often. Warmest regards, Dee
Claire.CZ chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Thats amazing. I wish I can English better to express what I feel. Its very sad, real. It will be great to watch it on TV.
bmax chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Loved this more than I can say. Nice job with the first person perspective! That can be very difficult. You've captured House's inner turmoil very well. Also liked how, after Wilson's visit, he felt a bit more hopeful, showing that by cleaning his piano and attempting to play. Nice touch.
de-em chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Really enjoyed your story, and hope you will write more House stories.