Reviews for Stop All The Clocks
Pahan chapter 9 . 2/15/2016
The story has an unusual premise that's pretty well executed: when Harry dies at the Battle of Hogwarts, but others fight on, and competently so. There is a good sense of tension; the dynamic between Ron and Hermione is done well, with both of them showing skill and creativity, and interacting in a realistic way with realistic flaws and limitations. (I think it does NERF Hermione a little bit in favor of Ron, but only a little bit.) The ending is appropriately dramatic and sets up an interesting sequel.

It does have a rather annoying cliché: just *once*, can't we have a fic where Hermione finds herself pregnant in the middle of a war, decides that it's not a good time to be pregnant or raise a child, casts an Abortion Charm, and moves on?
Zalini chapter 9 . 5/13/2014
I can't believe I never left a review for this great series. I have read this story and its sequel a couple of times and I loved it every time I did. Your stories are so different and so well written that it deserves a favorite of mine. Some might say that this story and its eventual ending (in the sequel) are a bit sad and depressing but I find them illuminating and full of love and hope. Well done!
AvadaKedavra1 chapter 9 . 3/5/2014
Oh, hello old friend.

It's been a rough 2013, and fourteen could have started off better. Somewhere along that last year I invented an original tale full of world building, original races, and a very long, drawn out story. It's my Lord of the Rings, and I may spend the next 50 years of my life writing it. So that's what I've been doing.

I finally managed to get over Sheila and start writing again, but I still get stuck. When I'm stuck, or bored, or tired, I return to Potter. You may see I've been posting some. It's my comfort food. Somewhere in the Potter writing, I started reading to. Just a bit here and there to help fuel a mood.

Tonight, was Clocks, and again I thank you for your tale.

I keep getting stuff in my eye though, very frustrating.

I hope you're still just as proud of this work as you used to be, because I enjoy reading more every time I read it.

My best to you and your family,

AK

or DK as you know my name.
E.C. Scrubb chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Screwing around in my review history seeing if anyone had updated, I ending up clicking here and decided to re-read the first chapter.

Dark. It's even darker when you know what's coming. On second read, I can say it is definitely a good bit of writing, enough to make me leave a review on a story I've already reviewed.

Oh, BTW, don't know if I told you this, but I hated this story and didn't want to read any of your other stories when I first read it - I think you know me well enough to know that's a compliment in the way you wrote it.

Anyway - least I know the ending! Great job, again.

EC
E.C. Scrubb chapter 9 . 10/22/2011
I was looking through my account, checking to see stories that had been updated, and realized I never reviewed this one. Then I remembered why.

It was such an emotionally gripping story. Very painful to read. Yet, it clutched me and wouldn't let go until I finished it. Sometimes, things are so terrible that you have to keep watching, that is exactly how this world is playing it. You have to keep watching, hoping, believing that they were going to be safe, that they were going to make it. Then when Ron sacrifices himself, it tears out your heart. Fantastic job -SPOILER- making Ron do what Harry could not here.

Funny, I can read all of your fics in this universe over and over. This one, I can only read one time and don't want to read it again. That however, is a major compliment.

Sorry it's taken me so long to come back and leave a review.
SilverWolfAnimagus17 chapter 9 . 9/27/2011
NOOOOO! HOW COULD YOU KILL RON! I'm so sad right now.

Awesome story though...totally caught me off gaurd with the whole Hermione being pregnant thing. Great job...but I'm still mad that Ron died.
Stephanie O chapter 9 . 7/28/2011
I liked the poem at the end - very appropo for the circumstances. Poor Hermione! I never expected that to happen, but then I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Another question for you: Are all the stories you have listed in the timeline related? Because this doesn't seem to be related to the others I've read at all, and I'm wondering if Children's Crusade will fit in with this story or the others?
Stephanie O chapter 6 . 7/28/2011
I liked how Ron prayed to Harry...and then the lit tower appeared in the distance! Hermione being pregnant sure changes things, though...yikes!
Stephanie O chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
Such a sad radio broadcast...but very well done! :)
donL22 chapter 9 . 5/14/2011
I just finished reading this story in one shot! Brill read I must say.. I'm gonna send my entire saturday catching on your stories... Thanks for posting them :) I can't believe it took you this long! But they are much appreciated..

I love your Ron in this one it broke my heart with all what he and Hermione had to overcome :( and for it to end like it did *sniff* but I really did love it!
squigle.x chapter 9 . 5/13/2011
Aaawww! :( I cried :( sad story but not many ff stories make me cry :)
napchic chapter 9 . 5/6/2011
YOU KILLED MY BELOVED RON!

But I forgive you. You did it so epically and beautifully that I can't really complain. It's a very convincing "what might have very well been" take on the final battle. I love the canon details like Molly dying at Voldemort's hand because Harry was not there to save her.

Crushing, but good story :)
regbride12 chapter 9 . 5/5/2011
:( :( :( bawled my eyes out.
aBeautifulLiar chapter 9 . 4/21/2011
Oh my god. I just cried so much. So sad. Such a sad ending. :(
thesharminator chapter 9 . 4/17/2011
Really good, if depressing story. A more realistic set of actions on Voldemort's part than cannon:)