Reviews for Stray but a little
leralonde chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
I loved the dialog in this story. They both make their point of view very well. Legolas shows compassion for Boromir when he tells him of the struggles of his own people. And he admits to feeling the pull of the ring. But he turns on him and asks him why he doesn't leave. Perhaps the last prodding that he needs.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Brilliant as always! :)
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Wow. This is stunning - Boromir's despair and capture in his own thoughts is palpable, as palpable as is the influence worming its way *into* his thoughts, although it is not clearly named here. The confrontation with Legolas is intense. I also love the way Legolas makes it clear to Boromir what they both have in common. I always thought that Legolas pof all people had to feel the most kinship with Boromir's situation as a champion of a besieged people, and you bring that to the point beautifully, here. The end is tense and foreboding, indeed.

Thank you for this great story!
summersidefolly chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Excellent! Well written! I only had trouble comprehending one sentence Under the weak glare of the winter sun, the marshlands warmed enough to whisper of a fouler stench should spring ever return to the swamps. I think it was the 'should' that confused me. After I paused before reading the 'should' it made sense. Maybe it needs a comma or something. I don't know. Well, anyway, it was a terrific read! Thanks for sharing!
Ceanen chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Fabulous, as always! You have such a way with dialogue...it's always seamless and believable, while still descriptive and beautiful.
GreenGreatDragon chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
very interesting! i've recently been intrigued by the similarities in legolas and boromir; their homelands face much the same difficulties and i've thought about what their relationship would be like. this is an excellent little scene depicting their interaction with each other! i like how you started with a contrast between boromir and faramir and worked it into boromir and legolas; that's hard to do and not make it seem random, but you were able to make it flow perfectly and there didn't seem to be any awkwardness at all in that transition. so well done and write again soon!
21 | « Prev Page 1 2