Reviews for Taking The Long Way
VonnieBoo chapter 1 . 4/29
Wow. I don't know how to express how much I loved this story. I'll admit that I tried reading it once before but stopped around chapter 60 or so. But I'm so glad I came back and read it from start to finish. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! 3
jellyrcw11 chapter 72 . 2/7
Perfect chapter. Especially with Santana wanting to surprise Brittany with their home totally set up. I love that Santana is a crying drunk on the show and in the fic. That's nice and consiStent.

The conversation with her dad was too real. Sometimes our parents have other priorities. :/
jellyrcw11 chapter 66 . 1/31
"She cried when Santana printed out an article she found online that compared the size of the embryo to a sweet pea." I don't know but this was one particularly hilarious.

"I'll hold both of you every night until then, and every night after." Aaaawwwwww, Santana is already becoming a mamma bear.

"But you do need to respect that this is my family and it's not okay to minimize Santana's part in it." Yes Brittany yes! I love them supporting each other and their family. What a strong team!

I think it's interesting that Santana is the more anxious parent and Brittany is more of the rock. They care about their baby so much already, my face hurts from smiling for them. Rock on baby Lopez Pierce
jellyrcw11 chapter 65 . 1/30
Yes! Finally! I'm so happy for them. What a wonderful moment. Their love for each other is so deep and real. I knew the pregnancy would happen eventually. I can't wait to see what's in store for them.
jellyrcw11 chapter 64 . 1/30
"She wished it were all the things she wanted to be for Brittany."

"beauty, to coax out fear and replace it with serenity. Brittany had taught her many things, but as she drew Brittany out with her hand, she knew the most important thing she had learned was that gentleness was strength."

They love each other so much, it's truly beautiful. This story is starting to make year up. I want a love like that.

Thank you so much for the story.
jellyrcw11 chapter 63 . 1/29
My heart is starting to hurt for them. They want a baby so badly. It's really testing their relationship but they're strong. All of their ups and downs will make them great parents.
jellyrcw11 chapter 62 . 1/29
"She stayed until she knew she could go home and not cry." Oh Santana, :( it would be kind of ironic if she started to feel as isolated as brittany did. I'm glad she reached out to Elinor, they have a rock solid friendship even if it can be strained at times.

"After ten years, it was as familiar as water pouring over her in the shower each morning." I found this line so lovely. It perfectly sums up how comfortable they are with each other.

I appreciate all the build up to their pregnancy. The anticipation is real.
jellyrcw11 chapter 60 . 1/29
This chapter got me, I really thought she was pregnant. Their fears, urgency, and desire seems so real. Like I could reach out and touch them. Excellent writing.
jellyrcw11 chapter 59 . 1/29
Their journey into motherhood is so sweet. I love their alter. Especially the flower and rock. The scene at the end is just too cute.
jellyrcw11 chapter 57 . 1/28
Oh my gosh, everything was sweet. Their banter was cute and hilarious. I can see them arguing endlessly over who they want to child to look like more. Santana's hands shaking, it just shows how much she cares about their baby already. I hope everything works out for them. I'm smiling so much my face hurts.
jellyrcw11 chapter 56 . 1/28
Aaawwwww. Their conversation about children seems like something I could imagine happening to me in like a decade. Brittany wanting to make their own child, I relate to that very deeply. That's the only part I don't like about wanting to raise a family but of course our children would be our children. I'm very excited for their future.
jellyrcw11 chapter 55 . 1/28
Talking about STDs and safe sex is so important even if it's not that sexy. We should all be informed about our bodies and how to take care of them. I do agree that dental dams are sadly still a joke.

The dialogue in your story is so natural. It really does seem like friends sitting around having coffee or taking each other to the clinic. Being able to write real people is a great skill.
jellyrcw11 chapter 54 . 1/28
Oh my gosh, so much good in this chapter. Elinor's date, Santana's job offer, Brittana possible marriage.
jellyrcw11 chapter 53 . 1/28
Aaawwww. They want children. That'd be so cute. They'll be great mothers.

Santana has to got to kick some ass. She needs to be able to put on that ring.
jellyrcw11 chapter 52 . 1/27
Aaaaaaawwwwww. I wish the writers for the show were half as attentive and loving for them as you are for the characters. What a magical moment. "Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this."
2,436 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »