Reviews for Marked
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 3/8/2013
Well-the books are likely coming from Mrs. Norris, and possibly hand-me-downs from her daughter, but she chooses this way to give them because that's the way she is.

Alas, Eileen is still Eileen.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 3/8/2013
What a scary way to learn that one has magic. And that one is always going to be bullied.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 3/8/2013
No wonder he loved Lily even after she treated him so horribly; that's what mums do.

Love the kitten, hope that doesn't end badly, though I fear so.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 3/8/2013
Shudders. At least his other relatives love him; it sounds to me, though, that Eileen has a whopping case of postpartum depression on top of everything else (been there, done that, and nobody even bought me a T-shirt!).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
This is scary (though I would have felt better if the midwife had at least tried to perform CPR or clear the airway on the little girl).

But it explains a lot-makes you wonder why Snape didn't become a real Death Eater, and was able to love despite never being loved.
monkeemary chapter 5 . 8/30/2011
This story is lovely. It's also breaking my heart. But I hope you haven't abandoned it, because it deserves to be completed :)
sunny chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
this was very interesting to read; i'm liking Tobias as he seems like a good person but as i recall Snape told Lily that his parent's argued a lot and Tobias didn't like much, magic or otherwise. I'm wondering if you're going to stick to canon (which has so far been your style in writing from what i've read); if you are sticking to it im very curious how tobias is going to turn bad :( Eileen is the mean one here... and Snape owning a cat and naming her mum? saddest and cutest thing ever.
snakegirl-sprockett chapter 5 . 6/19/2011
This story is fascinating me :D

Very astute, and beautifully written :D

I've got a bad feeling it's all going to go wrong, but I hope not...
SweetCaterina chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
I'm so sad...please update soon
SweetCaterina chapter 4 . 5/16/2011
I'm ready to cry...I love it
tambrathegreat chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
I love the relationship you've set up between Tobias and his son. I also love that the neighbor, at least, is taking some interest in a lonely little boy. I can't wait for more.
tambrathegreat chapter 4 . 4/20/2011
Children can be such horrible creatures. I feel for Severus, especially since we do know how his story comes out. Very good job on this chapter. I especially liked the line about the romance of a fantasized beating as opposed to the reality of a real one.
tambrathegreat chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
What a sad thing that he felt that he had to call his cat Mum, instead of having a mother who would love him, regardless of what superstition she holds.
tambrathegreat chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
What a fool Eileen is. She's kind of like a tragic Greek figure with her belief in the fate of her child, but it's even more tragic for her son.
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Eileen in this story is very upsetting. I hate that she can't love her son, and that the gypsy Seer told her what she saw without qualifiers. It's just heart-wrenching the last line. Really good work.