Reviews for Hot Spots
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
You write really well. I have two problems. I'm guessing you're English, because you write the boys as always mumbling. They actually speak clearly most of the time. "Will you quit pawin' me about" is an English phrase. We don't use the word "about" in such cases.

The second is, there are so many descriptive adjectives: weakly, angrily, "stewing moodily, staring intently". "Muttered quietly." The descriptions echo what the actions are. Stewing is being moody; staring is staring, muttering is speaking quietly.

This is all meant as con-crit, not bashing. Since this was written several years ago, you've probably cleaned up your writing style. I feel for Dean and Sam, trapped in a heat wave with each other.
Neshomeleh chapter 10 . 11/30/2012
lol, funny end, but I guess since they found it early and Sam isn't scratching it won't be as bad... Anyway it was well written and I enjoyed Ross in this story, and that's a first. I usually feel annoyed by nurses that are too ... well let's say, if they are hanging around patients all the time as if they were part of the family, at least in stories, kinda disturbs the private moments between the boys. But Ross was cool. Thank you!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/19/2012
Thanks so much for writing.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Oh! That's really evil to give Dean chicken pox during a heat wave.
MeAzrael chapter 10 . 7/26/2011
Hehe – now that was really mean of you girl: Dean's finally out of the friggin hospital and now Sam's got the itching spell? Bah! I really enjoyed Dean going bananas over a male nurse going to bath him :-) Well, turned out there were worse monsters waiting to torment him, damn these bitchy old nurses who have no other fun in life than to bully their patients :-) I hope Sam doesn't get a healthy dose of that woman...

On the spot, dear - thanks for sharing :x

MeAzrael chapter 7 . 7/18/2011
You know, your second paragraph was a frightening reminder of what it's like to be dependent on the volatile judgement of doctors... sounds as if you've had your fair share of that feelings yourself.

Sam's mood drifted along with his brother's condition from black despair to cautious hope, with an constant undertone of nauseous concern as Doctor Lawrence's frequent visits offered little in the way of definite encouragement. ' Dean's test results were encouraging …', 'not out of the woods …', 'blood count's much improved on yesterday …', 'next twenty-four hours are critical …', 'long way to go before we'll know for sure …' Jeez, these guys were harder to pin down than some damned perma-tanned, sticky-fingered politician

Thank God he made it :-) Though the shock of awakening at the searching fingers of a male nurse – not funny. For Dean :-)

MeAzrael chapter 6 . 7/18/2011
Ahahah :-) What an emotional roller coaster! First the septi-what-the-heck and then the lovestruck male nurse. I so can see Sam snort in his coffee mug with secret malice. I guess Dean would've rather died on chicken pox than get treated with vitamin E oil from Ross – ROFL

MeAzrael chapter 5 . 7/17/2011
Aw really, you have way too much fun torturing the poor boy ;-)

Hey, sorry - it took me a while to leave you the much earned review for the first 5 chapters: I'd never thought I would enjoy reading about chicken pox, but actually I do :-) And the combination with the unnatural hot and oppressing weather is great – I really can imagine both boys suffering from the situation. The bath with the oatmeal? Hehe - hilarious. Is this a secret recipe or just imagination? Anyway - I'm glad I had bread for breakfast ;-) And now it gets from worse to really really bad, right? Well, let's see. Oh, and the supposedly dead cat? Sounds like a thrilling hint on something wicked coming this way...

anon chapter 10 . 7/14/2011
Great take-it-to-the-brink hurt!Dean story!
anon chapter 8 . 7/14/2011
I love that Ross is enjoying this far too much. It's also great payback for all the poor female nurses who I'm sure are hit on constantly by men like Dean who unfortunately don't look like Dean. Honestly, there's not a line too cheezy that could get that unbelievable beautiful man kicked out of any woman's bed!
anon chapter 7 . 7/14/2011
HAHAHA! My poor macho Dean! That would so be his reaction.
Meggin Lane chapter 10 . 6/26/2011
Sorry I've taken so long to get the last review in. I really loved how you make the characters come alive. Chicken pox is no cake walk even when you are a kid and sepsis is so scarily lethal.

Leave it to Dean to keep saying he's fine until it was almost to late. But there is just something so heart achingly adorable about a helpless Dean and you described his palest of skin and stand out freckles so well, even down to his broken barely audible speech that I could feel the rise in panic through Sam from here!

And what a great twist to have Sam come down with a repeat infection- that pesky Winchester luck-hehe.
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 10 . 6/1/2011
Oh no Sam!

Lol oh the torture...thank god Ross is such a great nurse and willing to help them out

Thanks for writing this amazing piece, I really enjoyed it
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 8 . 6/1/2011
I love Ross!

He's just the thing to freak Dean out majorly, thus giving Sam and (the readers of this wonderful fic) a thing to laugh hysterically at.

Good job!
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 7 . 6/1/2011
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gasps HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the indignity!

A semi gay nurse to 'check' on Dean...

Too hilarious to be real!