Reviews for Mr Curtain and the Case of the Enab's Bane
Guest chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
NOOOOOO You killed Reynie of all people, can you write one more chapter where he makes it out okay (and Kate goes into hysterics about it). COME BACK AND WRITE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! GRAMMAR DEFENDER YOU MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE AUTHOR AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME BACK AND ONCE AGAIN REVIVE THIS ARCHIVE THAT ONCE WAS!
Fire Kitty 12 chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
I really liked it it was well written and had a brilliant story line
welcometoacevale chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
"Blue's clues are useless!" I laughed so hard at that line. It was genius.
"heavy applications of sesquipedalian palindromes" was also awesome. I only knew the definition of 'palindromes', so I was all, what does words that read the same backwards and forwards have to do with this? And it doesn't really, it just sounds good, doesn't it :D.
Truly Hopeless chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
Dang it, it looks like your actually going to win. Not that it's a bad thing but it's just that this has been here for a little over a year now and no one else has entered as far as I know of. Heck, I can barely wait for the b00k was better or Kahlan to finally post their entries. I'll wait a little longer but I don't have much hope.
zuzuthezombie chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
you should send a finished copy of the whole book to Trenton Lee Stewart
VeeAmAy chapter 3 . 4/21/2011
For some reason, I find "murderer" Kate... strangely appealing :D
ka has moved chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
[Whole big plotty-plot spoiler]

(Looks back over what I typed and then deleted because of spoilers) Maybe I'm being paranoid. It's 1:30 a.m.

I wasn't really able to focus on this chapter quite so much as the other two, and in my honest opinion it rather... paled in comparison. Sorry.

On the other hand, clever. Clever clever clever. Your story is forcing me to write my own; I've got part one and half of part two done on "Father's Keeper."

I liked that Curtain [spoiler] Kate [spoiler] at the end. Though just one thing: wouldn't it have been a faster and easier death for [spoiler] if [spoiler] had just cut the jugular vein? (PM me for the version with spoilers; I don't want to ruin this brilliant piece of work for future readers).

Oh, and I've read depressing works. Yours isn't depressing, rather it's got a nice dose of Anti Happy Endings that I like.

Loved Constance's rhyme, btw.

In answer to Zonkey Machine, that /is/ a lot of similarities... In fact I think mine may be the only fic where everyone lives (who wasn't dead before the BEGINNING, anyway; make what you will of that statement, mwa ha ha...). And, of course, I'm still developing, so we really don't know, do we?

Looking intently forward to your next story!

-K
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
That conclusion was outstanding! Constance's rhyme was awesome, Kate's emotions were /flawless/, and it was deliciously haunting. I don't think everything you write is depressing, though - granted, I obviously haven't read everything you've written.

I only noticed one mistake: "Kate was seethed." I'm pretty sure you should have written "Kate seethed" or "Kate was seething."

Am I the only one who noticed all the similarities between the different authors' answers to one another? Three people picked Curtain as the detective, two people picked Milligan as the victim, two people had Kate murder an old enemy (and with a knife in both stories, no less!)...
VeeAmAy chapter 2 . 4/15/2011
Hi there! Despite this story being your first Mystery one, I think it's really good. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

P.S: You kept the characters in-character, and I really like your "writing style"!
ka has moved chapter 2 . 4/13/2011
You little...

Inconceivable! This is a brilliant chapter.

Sorcery! How is any of this /possible/?

Evil! I hate cliffhangers, not because I think Kate poisoned him, but because you somehow managed to make Reynie's death impossible.

Witchcraft! How do you manage to do this? This is why I don't read mysteries; the authors annoy me too much.

I love it! You must update. You must.
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 2 . 4/13/2011
That chapter was excellent! /Excellent/. It was clever of you to have Mr. Benedict killed off beforehand, leaving Curtain, as you say, the only one around with brains enough to solve this case. For some reason, I immensely enjoyed Rhonda's performance. And Constance's rhyme was funny.

The ending was nicely cliffy, but not because I'm wondering if Kate was the killer. It's because I'm wondering how the heck ANYONE got the poison into the food, since everyone possible has been very logically eliminated.

Anxiously awaiting the next installment,

Zonkey Machine
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
"Blue's clues are useless." I laughed for a good two minutes at that line. Pure genius.

Somehow, I misread the challenge. I started writing my story so that KATE was the detective. Shoot-fire-durn-dog-gone, as my Spanish teacher would say.

Actually, I noticed more typos than usual, miss Grammar Defender. Missing quotation marks and paragraph breaks. Nothing too bad, and certainly nothing as bad as some other things in this archive.

All around, your opening chapter was wonderful, and I anxiously await the next installment! Now I'm off to try to salvage my own answer to Hopeless Romantic's challenge.
Truly Hopeless chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I think this is going well so far, great opening. I hope you update soon. Good luck! )
ka has moved chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
"...heavy applications of sesquipedalian palindromes..."

I cracked up at that line right there. Translated, it reads "excessive use of really long words or phrases that are the same backwards and forwards." Ridiculous. I loved it.

That was clever, getting the one detective the Society has out of the way by killing him off. I'm sorry because Reynie died, of course, but you know.

Considering I'm bending the challenge rules so far they just might break on their own, I think you're going to win so far.

-Kahlan