Reviews for How We Fall
Egg Emperor chapter 14 . 9/23
About that Dead thing... There are the Lazarus pits. Though if Bruce were to be revived, he'd likely go on a killing spree of the league for screwing up his son.
kage kitsune no yami chapter 56 . 7/13
The corner of Drake and third, where he ends up finding Jason. Awesome ending. This story was fantastic. Just down right amazing. This was one of the best rides i've had with this fandom :D
pappercut44 chapter 56 . 3/3
. . . so . . . many...tears! but dick needs bruce! what about alfred i am so sad but you did good on the story . . . i serously can not stop crying! its like my eyes are burning out of my skull with every chapter!
goldenrose72 chapter 56 . 12/30/2014
Even after two years this is one of the greatest stories I have ever read. It is the most well written and beautifully told story I have had the pleasure to read.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 56 . 11/5/2014
Overall, I enjoyed the story. I can see why you tried to take Alfred out of the picture because of how you wanted the will to go. Bruce giving Dick the freedom to decide his own fate works on an emotional level, and it plays well into their relationship, but I don't see it working on a logistical level. But then, I tend to be rather practical, even when reading fiction, so make of that criticism what you will.

I like the addition of Jason at the end. Given everything that Dick has been through, I can certainly see him stepping up and taking care of other kids like that. It also shows that he's mentally well enough to start taking care of others rather than expending all his energy just getting through the day himself.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 27 . 11/4/2014
Wow, the League are idiots. Dick is finally doing better, and they think that it's bad for him and he should be kicked out of his current home and away from the person he's bonded best with?
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 18 . 11/4/2014
Wow, they're really shuffling Dick around. The League's sure not thinking long-term, are they?
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 16 . 11/4/2014
I'm glad that you've addressed why they won't let Alfred take care of Dick. I completely disagree with their reasoning, of course. If they're so opposed to having Robin back, why have any teen heroes?

Hooray for Roy! Finally someone thinks to give Dick a hug. Normal kids need hugs on a good day; traumatized kids certainly need them more.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 15 . 11/4/2014
Why doesn't he have the manor to go back to? It's still there. Is Alfred living there? If not, where is he? Even without Bruce's will (which I'm starting to think the League might have but isn't telling anyone because they don't like what it says), Alfred should have considerable resources himself. I imagine that Bruce was paying him fairly well.

Either way, Dick wouldn't be out on the street if he went back to Gotham. He'd go through Child Services and end up in an orphanage, foster home, or the like.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 10 . 11/4/2014
I like the way Wally finally talks to Dick here. Dick finally has someone who is listening to him and cares how he feels and what he thinks. He also is finally getting some physical connection, however small, with Wally ruffling his hair. I really think Dick isn't getting enough hugs here, and that's part of the problem he had with Clark. You've got good character development here with Dick's friends slowly learning how to deal with him and help him.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 9 . 11/4/2014
I can't help but wonder where Alfred is in all of this. He's got to be grieving just like Dick. I imagine that both of them would be better off if Dick just went home. It's not like Alfred isn't qualified to raise a grieving boy, and Dick would be in comfortable surroundings. And he would be able to work off some of his feelings in the gym.

I also wonder what the authorities are doing. Dick has no legal guardian anymore. Shouldn't child services be trying to find him? He's essentially been missing for two months now. I wouldn't expect it to be sufficient to claim that he's with friends, especially since no one knows who these friends are or where he actually is. Maybe a kid could slide under the radar if paperwork got misplaced or something, but Dick is rather high-profile.

I also think it's strange that no one is actually trying to talk to Dick or get him to talk. They're basically leaving him to his own devices and waiting for him to snap out of it.

Overall, I'm enjoying the story, but these are the points that don't quite make sense to me.
TheImaginativeFox chapter 56 . 9/29/2014
Was that Jason? What a cool way to end it, you even snuck him in there :)
TheImaginativeFox chapter 55 . 9/29/2014
Many homes, I think that's good to have more than one place he can call home
TheImaginativeFox chapter 54 . 9/29/2014
I figured it would say something like that, I still want him to love back in with Alfre, though, he'd get the Batcave.
TheImaginativeFox chapter 53 . 9/29/2014
I hope Wally's okay, maybe he woke up? And what does the will say!