Reviews for Not quite so simple
Catmint chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
This is so incredibly sad and beautiful and tender and heartbreaking all at once. Fantastic writing throughout, excellent characterisation, so much emotion packed in... Almost had me in tears. This is amazing. *huggles Ziva*
Amilyn chapter 2 . 6/11/2012
Very nice work. Ziva is direct and blunt in her explanations. I like that you had her phrase it, "This morning I was pregnant. Now I am not." Just...so Ziva, that. Sad and bittersweet and nicely paired with Ziva's sense that she doesn't deserve happiness. Good work with Tony negating that...then being willing not to push it harder until she's ready to hear it.
JoBelle chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
WOW! You took all these tiny little loose threads and wove them together to form this totally significant story that fits so well with canon and really does go a long way to explaining Ziva's behaviour in these episodes and WOW. Just WOW! I'll admit I got to the end of chapter 1 and went "ugh! A baby fic?" and then you went and proved me wrong and made it all angsty and delicious and so IN CHARACTER! For both Tony and Ziva! The dialogue was pitch perfect! I could HEAR it. And Tony's line about Ziva looking frail GAH!

I loved all the nods to their past, that kept them real and people not just characters!

This in particular:

iHe tightened his arm around her, now acutely aware of her flat stomach beneath his fingers./i OUCH!

And i "I left a message for Ray, but I could not bring myself to go to a funeral today..."/i OUCH!

and Poor Ziva! She is so deserving and I'm glad she had Tony there to tell her that!

Loved it all, really! Fantastic job! :)
USAFChief chapter 2 . 9/11/2011
Okay...here's a little note about this story. It is extremely well done. It split my head wide open. It is a proposition that did not occur to me, but should have. The explanation is perfect. And it had a light side, too, "He saw a sweet, olive-skinned bundle with Ziva's eyes and Ray's ears. The picture both delighted and annoyed him, for reasons he would have to ponder later, alone." The thought of Ray's ears on Ziva's baby made me laugh out loud, and the fact that Tony will have to ponder this later, alone, made me smile.

Nice job. Although I have to tell you I'm not looking forward to a fic with a pregnant Ziva. Oh, well, to each her own.

pdf
mainestreet chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
This story is brilliant! I love its elements so much - Ziva's fragile strength even when s's hit on all sides from the events, Tony's concern... It's beauitfully done :)
ncischick09 chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Well, I thought that was fantastic! And it wasn't all angst, I thought you did a very nice job of balancing that with hope and caring! I hadn't even pondered this as a reason for Ziva's odd behavior during the last few episodes, but it really works and makes sense! Loved it! Great writing, as well, which is so refreshing these days...
Gottahavemyncis chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
love the gesture of them comforting each other, makes me feel better about a whole lot of things and yes, it would explain Ziva's non-Ziva-like behavior this past season. Looking forward to your new story (which is what brought me to this one!).
Anonymous033 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Oh my, I almost cried! I don't know why you think we would throw rotting fruit; this was angsty but so, so beautiful. And it really does explain a lot of what happened in Pyramid...I know this is overwhelming pain to Ziva, but I like your version of events.

Oh gosh, poor Ziva...she really needs to forgive herself! I want to say more but my thoughts are swirling around in my head...my heart still hurts.
HoldxOn chapter 2 . 7/26/2011
that was AH-MAZE-ING! I LOVVVVVVVED it! I can actually see that as the reason Ziva was so upset the second half and didnt go to the funeral. i love this! Great great fantastic job! I know i hate Ray and EJ and just want Tiva together, but Ray and Ziva actually are kinda...*shudders* cute in this. great job.
BeSpotted chapter 2 . 7/26/2011
I totally loved to read this story and although i'm a big tiva-fan i also really like ziva-ray so maybe another chapter with them?

X
M E Wofford chapter 2 . 7/26/2011
This just made me so very sad for Ziva.

Gads, the girl deserves to be happy once in a while.

You captured the essence of the sadness that lies at her core...that she is not worthy to be loved.
NCIS Connection chapter 2 . 7/25/2011
well after reading EJ will be returning for season from the first story is supposed to go through season said that there will be a few suprises and that it will effect the way Tony interacts with the rest of the team. If they make EJ pregnant or Tony marries her/ I just do not think I can take the doom feeling anymore I will have to skip. Your writing was really good.I need more TIVA stories! I hate EJ!
Different Child chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
PLEASE Turn this into a full fic! I soooo wanna see pregnant Ziva and how Tony and the team react! So much that could be done! EEEEE You are a great author and it's SO nice to meet someone not in their teens! XD I'm 23 and I feel so old sometimes writing fics! P Lol! I really admire your writing hon! )
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
OH NO. She's pregnant? I feel so sad! I mean, I would love if she were, but at the same time I'd prefer it belonged to a worthier man. A better man. Ah, poor Ziva. Where's Tony when she needs him?

Rant aside, this is a lovely fic. I like your writing style! And I actually love the way this fic so dramatically caught me off-guard.

Great work!

Soph
Gail Cregg chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
An interesting insight into Ziva and why she might have been acting as she was.