Reviews for Optimal Outcome
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 11 . 5/3
I agree with Equalization. I've seen similar stuff, and it makes sense. It's sort of unsettling that Hitomi has to do it, but that was basically the only way to introduce it.

I'm fine with the end, given what led up to it. Can't completely change everything at the end without any progression toward those changes.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 10 . 5/3
Lol, the introspection at the beginning leaves me thinking Sayaka is the most reasonable of the bunch. Guess she doesn't always have to be an idiot.

I really hate the Mami x Madoka stuff. I'm too used to stories depicting Mami as a mother figure. Everything screams "Mami is the only one who's right" even though she was rarely right in canon and was rarely right in this story either.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 9 . 5/3
Some things are working out in a way more positive way than I'd expect (anything to do with Hitomi), and some things are working out in a way more negative way than I'd expect (Mami's interactions with everyone but Madoka).

I'd think Hitomi should be a bit angry or in denial with all the knowledge stuff, but it seems like she's the complacent, happy sort of "omniscient" person. It's foreign to me. Never happens, and feels weird now that it's in this story.

If this has to be the final timeline, I'd think Homura would just spill all of the beans, but I guess that's not what you decided to write.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 8 . 5/3
... The heck?
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 7 . 5/3
This fandom has much better writers than so many others...

It's a shame that Kyubey always gets to people before the current Puella Magi. Ah well, it's more realistic that way. Hopefully she can be a useful character instead of just an interesting one.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 6 . 5/3
Well, I would've liked for Mami to actually talk to Kyoko and Homura and stop being confrontational, but this works too.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 5 . 5/3
The Kyoko and Hitomi scene was a work of art. Truly amazing. I like this chapter. (No Mami probably helps...)
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 4 . 5/3
Kyubey knows that much about Homura before Sayaka goes witch, or the time when she normally would?

You did really well with the fight scene. I don't think anything "should" have been different.

Excellent Kyoko and Homura interaction. I could definitely see it working out like this, if Kyoko didn't 'splode 'erself in episode 9.

I really don't like the Mami portrayal in this story, not that I liked Mami anyway. I guess there's sort of reasoning behind it, with the soul damage, but it's such a weird situation.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 3 . 5/3
Hm, making Hitomi interesting for once. Original.
Xyzantylzethyrioses chapter 2 . 5/3
"If you're a die-hard Mami fan (and you ought to be)" I'm not. I dislike her. She only has one purpose (from the director's perspective) and is only two-dimensional. But this story is not bad so far.
Slen D. Man chapter 11 . 4/21
Decided to make this my first Madoka fic read, then ended up marathon reading the whole thing in one sitting. Kinda glad I did because I don't think I could've taken having to wait for updates if i got around to this while it was still a WIP.

Overall? It was good stuff. The OOCness wasn't too much of a bother and didn't distract too harshly from the rest of the plot going on (I actually really like the personalities you assigned to Mami and Hitomi). Everything came together really neatly, the plot had good pacing and I found it hard to stop myself from devouring all fifty thousand words in a couple of hours.

As for how it ended? Some people would say it didn't wrap up as neatly as they would've liked, but I think it ended the way it should've; Hopeful, yet ambiguous. Just like the ending to the show itself.

In conclusion; Thanks to this little story, now I'm gonna be lurking around this section of this website before scurrying back into the shadows from whence I came.
Endless Strategy Games chapter 6 . 1/16/2014
I'm guessing Madoka's going to make a contract. This seems like just the sort of thing she'd use it for, to make Mami whole and alive again.
Endless Strategy Games chapter 3 . 1/15/2014
A very good chapter. You do so well with every relationship. They're in-character and entertaining. I hate those fans who are like "Hitomi acts all homophobic so she MUST be a lesbian!" but you pulled it off pretty naturally here. And poor Hitomi. Her parents probably won't approve (where else did she get her beliefs from?). I imagine proposing to Kyosuke was partly to assuage her doubts about her orientation, and a misguided attempt to make Sayaka finally make up her mind.
Endless Strategy Games chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I enjoyed reading it. Something so simple as a conversation can be so difficult, but you nailed it.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/30/2013
awww... the ending is really suck.