Reviews for No One Was There
Miss Pseudonymous chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
This was great! Thanks :) You're right - there are suspiciously few fics out there considering it's such a good story. Clearly then, it is your obligation to write more :)
JillyBean09 chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
YAY! Oh my god, someone who's read this amazing series! It's one of my favorite books, and just to see something from Shevraeth's point of view was just icing on the cake. He was so enigmatic, it's lovely to see a character study on him! :) Love it!
CourtFan chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Great job! Absolutely loved the piece :)
quill.is.mightier chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Ah, wish it had been longer. Scenes instead of summaries. But, other than the sort of shallowness of the review of the first book, it was good!
review chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
fantastic!
servant123 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Nice work! I really liked this. You did a nice job with the style and there are no errors grammatically or spelling-wise to speak of. My only critique would be not placing more focus on the scene where the countess is originally brought before Galdran; it was pointed out in the novel that this is where he first fell in love with her, and while thinking through their encounters, I think that moment would draw more attention from him. Other than that, everything looks good :) I like how you wrapped it up with a tie back to the opening images. Keep up the good work!
God bless :) :)
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I agree; it is sad that such a wonderful book/series has so few fanfics. Nice story BTW.
Dustfinger's cheering section chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
If you're looking for more, head over to the Sherwood Smith archive. It's under books, on this site. There are roughly eight pages of the stuff.
Cyth chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Thank you for a lovely fanfic! You write beautifully and I'm in love with your description in particular. You expressed Vidanric's admiration for Mel so well :) Besides wanting to praise this wonderful piece of writing, I was wondering if you guys knew there are tons of fanfics centered mostly around Crown Duel/Court Duel under the Sherwood Smith category on ? You should check them out :)
miss.SunFlower chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
*squeaks* Oh thank you! Thank you for this! I'm so glad to see a good Court Duel fic!

I'd write one, really, I would, but the story just wraps up so neatly it's hard to get inspired to find story. So unless, as you did, we take the story from another POV I suspect there won't be many.

But this was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Vidanric 3
Tinted Basket chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I'm very impressed with how you were able to believably write a one-shot story about Vidanric and Meliara with such detail. I own the book too, but it would take me quite a while to come up with anything like this. If ever. You certainly captured the overall feel of this particular universe pretty well.

You managed to get inside Vidanric's head and show his point of view in a such an amusing way, all the while it was relatable and the end was quite a surprise. Just missed him by that much. Not that that was the time for them to be meeting up and talking. That was much farther down the line...after Meliara had a few pertinent realizations and Vidanric managed to mend a few bridges.

Nice job. You kept them in character and showed each characters strengths, flaws, and levels of competency in a very novel fashion.
todokichan chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Fan. Tabulous! Thank you so much for this, pity fic though it may be! This is BY FAR my favorite book, and as it so happens, i JUST finished my 6th read of it! I was very well surprised when i saw another fic had been added! Very well done indeed, i have been wanting a Vidanric side of the story for a LONG time! i am actually thinking of writing a full length one myself! although unfortunately i am in the middle of another. but i digress. GOOD JOB! PROPS AND THANKS SO MUCH! Glad to have found another fan of this story! :)