Reviews for Regeneration
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 14 . 4/26/2011
I really liked the end to this story. While you have a vague idea of where things are going for Will and Karen after the story ends, it's open enough for you to draw your own conclusions. This was a great story and a wonderful sequel.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 13 . 4/24/2011
You can't leave me hanging like this! haha.

If my heart was broken in the last chapter, it bounced right back in this one. Proposing at the Top of the Rock...you really know how to get to me lol. I think it's so beautiful. And the lead up to it all was excellent, I loved the exchange between Karen and Grace.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 12 . 4/24/2011
Oh my god, you quoted Portishead...I love you, I love you, I love you.

That chapter broke my heart a little. The whole idea of not only confirming what you already know, but then proving that you can't give the one you love something he truly wants is a sad one that needs to be handled delicately, and you've done just that. It was excellent.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 11 . 4/24/2011
"Politely she abandoned her chair and went to stand by Grace's side, just like in a cheap movie."

I'm sorry, that made me smile, and then produce a montage in my mind of all the movies and TV shows that have done that, haha.

I wasn't expecting Karen to come right out and say she wasn't happy for Grace about her pregnancy, but it created an insanely good amount of tension. Grace's anger was so rich that you felt bad for Karen, even though from Grace's perspective, flat out telling someone you're not happy for them without an explanation is reason enough to get a little riled up. I'm interested to see how this plays out.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 10 . 4/24/2011
Crazy busy weekend, but I'm finally able to take some time to catch up!

I love how the whole setting is supposed to be light and peaceful, but Karen's internal struggle with the date with Trevor is weighing her down. It's a brilliant contrast that adds a wonderful color to the story, and even though she's sharing this beautifully romantic moment with Will, there's always that threat of the truth coming out at any moment.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 8 . 4/19/2011
I have a feeling Trevor isn't quite done yet...I loved this chapter, not only for the fact that it just reiterated to Karen exactly how she feels about Will, but for the fact that the Trevor aspect has the potential to creep up again and start to mess things up for Karen and Will, so there's an uncertainty hovering above the whole situation that can't help but be compelling.
GeeDee chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
Uh-oh this Trevor thing can't be good. Although it is quite a twist that she decided to go on a date with him. I'm interested to see how this plays out. Great chapter. )
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
KAREN! What are you doing? Oh, that can't be good, lol...but I love the unexpected twist of being set up with another man and Karen actually going for it. Especially with all the baby talk and the fact that she can't give Will the child that he's always wanted, there was definitely the feeling that Karen was so overwhelmed by everything, and you captured it perfectly. It'll be interesting to see how the Trevor element truly comes into play.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 6 . 4/15/2011
"Marilyn looked calm, incredibly self confident – at ease. She owned something that only a few women possessed – a singular eloquence that put her on a pedestal and you couldn't help but feel inferior when facing her; inferior and lost, pointless."

I love this, because I always got the feeling that Karen possessed this quality at times, and to see her so humbled and meek in conversation with Marilyn was an interesting but realistic and compelling aspect. I could really feel the melancholy inside of Karen due to Will's desire to be a father and her inability to have children. You have an excellent way of getting into her mind and her heart.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 5 . 4/15/2011
I love how the twist of Grace being pregnant resulted in some kind of acceptance of the fact that Will and Karen are a couple, but at the same time brings up some despair for Karen. It was the perfect element that you added, and you brought it in so nicely. It'll be interesting to see how this keeps affecting the story.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 4 . 4/13/2011
Perfect timing, Jack, lol...

I love how the simplicity of the morning can turn so romantic. And the impulse of Will asking Karen to move in with him, as well as Karen's reaction to it, was handled so well. But of course, nothing can stay so picture perfect in these things, so Jack coming in brings some compelling tension.

Also, you quoted Elvis Costello. So you had me right away, lol.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 3 . 4/13/2011
That was so beautiful, with just a hint of sadness hovering over the situation. And when you mix in the rain...you really know how to play with my heart, lol. And now that they finally broke through that wall, I'm even more compelled to find out what happens next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 2 . 4/11/2011
I love the way this is progressing. You capture perfectly Karen's desire to want to be with Will mixed with the fact that she feels she somehow needs to stick with her bad decision, as well as the inability to reconcile what happened over the summer with the way Will is acting now. It's all a build up to something compelling, but at the same time you don't know which way it's going to go yet. Excellent.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
This is a great continuation. I love the way you started this story out with a chance encounter, and you handled their interaction perfectly. It's awkward, with so much time that passed since the last time they saw each other and with the memory of their last time at The Bowery Hotel, but there's a sense of regret that they let so much time pass in the uncomfortable conversation, and you definitely know that they're not done with each other yet. I can't wait to see where you take this.