Reviews for Responsibilities
BonesBird chapter 8 . 2/14/2012
This... is seriously one of the best fics I have ever read. Genuinely.
BonesBird chapter 6 . 2/14/2012
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Wait, what?
BonesBird chapter 5 . 2/14/2012
Swimming in tomato soup is now my fic line of the day. I love the way you show the translator doesn't get their language right off!

When you wake up... so many reviews :D
BonesBird chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
Oooooooh... intrigue... Poor B'Elanna lol. Haha spouses moving to fast after being blown up. I can share that one with her. Irrational anger goes hand in hand with worry.
BonesBird chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
oooooooouchies! I love your description of Dilithium. So very nice!
BonesBird chapter 2 . 2/14/2012
Awwwwwwww... baby Tommy. Why did my heart melt just a little then.

Another fab chapter. I'm adoring your looks at both the scientific exploration, and family atmosphere, that goes along with a deep space mission. On to chapter 3
BonesBird chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Oooooh haha. I love the end of this chapter. I'm gonna finish reading it tomorrow.
Syntyche chapter 12 . 1/11/2012
Hello again!

Another excellent piece of work. You have a fantastic gift that allows you to write such wonderfully intriguing and complex stories in your first couple of outings. I really enjoyed the TNG crossover, it seemed so perfect and I hope there are more stories to come about Tom's time on the enterprise (I think I see at least one to devour already posted ;D).

Thanks for posting - I look forward to reading more of your fic!
Kurbits chapter 12 . 10/22/2011
iIn 2010 alone landmines and other explosive remnants of war killed approximately 4,000 civilians, mostly farmers tilling their fields or herders tending their flocks. In most countries children make up over half the victims; they do like to play with shiny things./i

Thank you for this. It can't be repeated enough the evil landmines cause.

Great story and quite emotional. At one point I was bawling like a Betazoid.

I have no love of law, and that has its reasons, mostly because of the fact that it is politics, and that personal biases more often than not is influencing whole processes and verdicts. I have ample experience of it being just that personally. I have no love of courtroom scenes because of it. However, they are in this story written well and they serve a purpose, which anyone who reads it understand at the end.

Good characterisation and a believable story. Well done.
QuasiOuster chapter 12 . 7/23/2011
This was a brilliant story. What I appreciated was that it was a big story but it didn’t go for too much. There were things happening in the background to give it texture but it never distracted from the core adventure of the characters. This was also a really interesting character study of Tom in the many roles he has to juggle. I think it's because you took such care to make this a true ensemble story told from the perspective of one person. The focus is squarely on Tom but its done in a way that you get all of these different angles through his various interactions. The possibilities that you set up that come to light in the last chapter are incredibly satisfying and intriguing.

I'm so impressed with your approach to writing science fiction. All the progress and technology that the future holds can't keep humanity from continuing to grapple with important moral questions. And that process of grappling and engaging and hopefully changing is really the mark of an advanced species. Your story gets into the meat of that through Tom's eyes and I very much enjoyed coming along for the ride.
sunnysunshineRM chapter 12 . 6/2/2011
Hey Nog was fast tracking to in DS9. He went to DS9 as a Sophmore Cadet...two years later he was a Lieutenant at the end of the series.

Talk about FAST TRACKING! Having said that...I just realized that Nog...outranks Harry Kim...and the dude is younger than Kim and didn't start the academy until season 4 of DS9 (or was it season 5) which would'be been season 1-3 of Voyager. I think...talk about unfair! Poor Kim.
Heather Snow chapter 12 . 5/13/2011
Very, very good, as was Choices. I love the characterization and the development of Tom Paris, easily my favorite Voyager character.

There's not much of his interaction with B'Elanna in these stories, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I much prefer reading of his interaction with colleagues.

I think Tom's full potential is really shining through in these stories. I look forward to reading about his experiences as Captain of his own ship. I'd love to see him interact some more with Picard again.
ancientmaverick chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
Once again, you have produced a masterpiece! This was a fantastic story, incredibly planned and executed down to the last detail. This is the Tom Paris I always wanted to see on Voyager, and while we caught glimpses every so often, it was never quite enough. And to take aim at the Prime Directive at the same time? Sheer brilliance. That was always a problem for the series, and frequently ignored. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Tom's time on Enterprise, and of course, seeing what trouble he can stir up with Voyager.
Nana Evans chapter 12 . 4/27/2011
Sorry it took so long to review this chapter, when I saw it was complete I decided to read it from the begining...

But back to what matters... Really liked the "Paris principle"... you know, there's some sense in the whole "non interference with non warp species" thing but some times you have to look beyond that and just... do what need to be done. anway, I had never really stoped to think about the P.D., but you really got me thinking about it...

and by the way, are you planning on writing an epiloge or something? I would really like to see Captain Paris commanding Voyager...

well, see you in another fic (I hope)!
supesfan18 chapter 12 . 4/22/2011
fantastic job on this story cant wait for more stories with the family paris and his new job on voyager
72 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »