Reviews for Responsibilities
CapnJack21 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
First of all, I'd like to say that this fic is a dream come true for me. Riker, my favourite Trek character of all time captaining the Enterprise, and my second favourite sometimes underrated pilot Tom Paris as his Number One. Perfect. Plus B'Elanna and Harry, of course, all as one jovial happy family. Let me love you for a bit, okay? Okay. Second of all, this story already looks like it's going to be great - superb characterizations, ample amounts of understandable and justifiable technobabble, and an interesting storyline to boot with an awesome hook. Am I incredibly curious to see why Paris and Riker are being tried for breaking the Prime Derective? Of course. Am I incredibly satisfied to see them standing shoulder to shoulder? Absolutely. Here's another fun fact - I stumbled upon this through something you updated recently and I wanted to get some background information on how Tom Paris got to where he is (I realise this isn't the first one in your chronology which is very quickly becoming my canon, so I'll probably go back and read those first but I just wanted to review this) and then I found Choices. I actually read most of Choices a long time ago, but then I completely forgot what it was called and could never find it and never got to finish it. Guess who's going to now! You are beyond doubt one of the best Trek writers out there, and ideally you'll be hearing a lot from me in the future as I slowly work my way through your fics. Starting with Choices!
Delwin chapter 12 . 5/14/2013
I'm getting back to re-reading through a bunch of things now that I've figured out how to load them on to the Kindle and actually trying to leave comments this time around. I meant to start with "Choices" but somehow forgot to download that one and then forgot that "Responsibilities" didn't come next chronologically - and by the time I figured that I out I was already hooked.

Absolutely loved it (again) - every piece of it! The interactions between Tom, B'Elanna and Harry are amazing, and Riker and Troi are icing on the cake (gosh, I've missed them!). The scenes between Miral and Tom and so wonderfully sweet, and those when the children go missing wrenching - a crying Miral being carried off by Ayala literally brought tears to my eyes. And the last chapter's picture of Tom and B'Elanna sitting on the bench...just perfect. The courtroom framing is utterly compelling, and Tom and Will play off each other so well.

So thank you for a great adventure. And apologies for a review that is a few months late...
et-spiritus-sancti chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
Oooooh, and the scene is set! By the way, absolutely love the court scenes at the entrance to chapters. Gives it that little extra something to look forward to each time. On to the next!

Oh, and this: "...alien string and Delta Quadrant bubblegum." Oh my, this was just perfection. True wit at its finest.

sancti

btw...I'm also using dilithium as an excuse to get onto a planet...it's just so ideal.
et-spiritus-sancti chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Oh, wow. First of all, your writing just blows me away. The way the words flow, you seem to write so effortlessly! Jealous! And this looks like a fantastic story. I love the combination of crew-members and of course-can't get me enough Tom Paris. Can't wait to delve myself into this one. On to the next chapter!

sancti
mariposa510 chapter 12 . 1/21/2013
Well, dang. You've done it again. Once again, I'm up WAY too late finishing one of your stories. And wow, what a story! I loved the characterization, the politics and law were wonderfully well thought out and plausible, and the new races and environments you created were incredibly real for me. This is also timely for me, as I'm just a couple weeks in to my second semester teaching a Peace Studies course. A couple of the concepts (and even quotes!) that you touched on are on my syllabus and notes. A fantastic read, as always! And now I'm going to bed before I accidentally start another of your stories! :)
Moonlitfaith chapter 12 . 12/31/2012
Another piece I will consider canon for the betterment of the Star Trek universe. Thank you :)
MeredithBrody chapter 12 . 2/14/2012
Absolutely amazing story honey. Kept me hooked to the very end... and I STILL want more out of it. I want to know what mission Janeway has in mind for Voyager.

Damn you and your amazing writing :P
MeredithBrody chapter 10 . 2/14/2012
Honourable Tom is... to all intents and purposes... amazing.

Haha I only just realised... you're Canadian... Its so nice to have a Trek fic with words like "Honour" and "Colour" spelt properly!
MeredithBrody chapter 8 . 2/14/2012
This... is seriously one of the best fics I have ever read. Genuinely.
MeredithBrody chapter 6 . 2/14/2012
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Wait, what?
MeredithBrody chapter 5 . 2/14/2012
Swimming in tomato soup is now my fic line of the day. I love the way you show the translator doesn't get their language right off!

When you wake up... so many reviews :D
MeredithBrody chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
Oooooooh... intrigue... Poor B'Elanna lol. Haha spouses moving to fast after being blown up. I can share that one with her. Irrational anger goes hand in hand with worry.
MeredithBrody chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
oooooooouchies! I love your description of Dilithium. So very nice!
MeredithBrody chapter 2 . 2/14/2012
Awwwwwwww... baby Tommy. Why did my heart melt just a little then.

Another fab chapter. I'm adoring your looks at both the scientific exploration, and family atmosphere, that goes along with a deep space mission. On to chapter 3
MeredithBrody chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Oooooh haha. I love the end of this chapter. I'm gonna finish reading it tomorrow.
80 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »