Reviews for Responsibilities
Juddysbuddy chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
I thoroughly loved this story! I loved everything about it including the way the trial was going on and then it told what happened. Tom was perfect! I also liked the way Dr. Finnell had a chance to redeem himself and how Tom encouraged him with his own story. Also, I have always thought the Prime Directive was a bad idea. I can see why they shouldn't pop in on some primitive people and tell them about about space travel but to let a civilization or village or whatever be wiped out when they could do something to help is heartless. I really like the amendments to the Prime Directive.

I hope you will write a lot more stories about Tom. Thanks for writing!
beautyofsorrow chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
Wonderful. I *really* enjoyed this story-especially with the chapter-by-chapter format. It made for easier reading, and gave me something to look forward to (i.e. a well-written fanfiction!). I've greatly enjoyed reading your exploration of Tom's character. I must say, it has given me a new appreciation to just how complicated and well-rounded he is. Not to mention incredibly selfless and loyal.

That said, ALL of the characters were spot on. I loved watching B'Elanna and Tom be parents, and whenever you featured Miral, it brought a soft smile to my face. She's so cute-I could see her laughing and playing and, of course, eating pizza. I always enjoy it when Trek features children-Naomi Wildman and Molly O'Brien are two of my favorite secondary characters of all time. I am delighted to say that, with your capable representation, Miral Paris has joined their ranks.

That one sentence, I believe it was in the last chapter (11), where Harry pauses and looks up at the warp core-whew, I could see him in that moment. It's exactly what he would do. I applaud you for your ability to capture characters other than your favorite.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed this story, and I really, really hope your muse gives you a story that puts Tom and B'Elanna back on Voyager. Really, that ending made me so happy. I was smiling for hours after I read it! Well done! Be proud of this one.
Anke chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
You wished for a review in German, so you'll get one:

Nachdem ich dir ja schon zwischendrin immer wieder meine Weisheiten per PM mitgeteilt habe, hier noch mal die Zusammenfassung: Es war eine wunderbare, unglaublich durchdachte, gut geschriebene Geschichte, die ich sehr, sehr genossen habe!
archteri chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
Wonderful, fabulous story. I love a strong, capable Tom. I hope you do write some additional stories of Tom's time on the Enterprise or at the Jim Kirk Center. His outside the box thinking is fun to follow.

I thought your case for changing the Prime Directive was very well thought out. Excellent, long, engaging story.

Thanks for sharing.

T.
antra chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
I was surprised when I saw it was completed but it's nice to see that there are still things to come in this universe. You could also write something about him starting his captaincy on the Voyager. Because there is the next question that would have to be answered: who would be a good 2IC for Tom Paris? If you want to stay with canon characters that won't be easy.

Now to the chapter: I really liked that McFaddyen went after the Judge. Not because it was a good move for the case or to show that the man really was biased, but because it is the civilized way to tell him what you think of him.

Since I already wrote a few chapters before that I didn't think the Prime Directive really covered this case I'm not surprised that the court thinks the same.

To Nechayev, from what I remember of her from TNG I can readily imagine her like that. She may have a cold and calculated personality but she tries to do what she thinks best. And lets be honest, to get to change the prime directive is not an easy feat, to not use the political opportunities given to her would have been a blatant oversight, and the Admiral is a lot of things, but she isn't stupid.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
She gave him... [sob] Voyager.

Talk about crying over your breakfast as you read.
snow6835 chapter 12 . 4/20/2011
Omg, please please please send out those other stories and hopefully a sequel to this (with Tom as Captain and a whole new crew with maybe some familiar faces) too! I loved the way you wrapped up everything regarding the trial so quickly and added in the twist of it all being a catalyst for Starfleet to make the changes they've needed for so long. And a giant jungle-gym for the kids on the Paris grounds... gotta love Tom's forever present inner child! Beautifully written and just plain awesome story! Looking forward to more stories to come!
tayababy chapter 12 . 4/20/2011
That was amazing, and I can't wait for the rest of this Paris saga/universe to see the light of day... er, light of FF. I love your writing style and the things you come up with. And while I'd also love to see more of the Enterprise Years (hint for a title), I can't help but be even more excited to see Tom commanding Voyager. He and B'Elanna really deserve it, and that ship really is hers!

Thank you so much for sharing this, it's been a pleasure!

Emma
snow6835 chapter 11 . 4/19/2011
Wow... just wow. That was such an amazing and passion-filled chapter which so eloquently depicted the respect everyone on board the Enterprise has for life, and showed exactly how far Tom has come from his early days on Voyager and before. Absolutely agreed and loved everything in Will and Tom's statements, and I truly hope Starfleet realizes how outdated the Prime Directive is in so many regards. Update soon please!
antra chapter 11 . 4/19/2011
After their speeches I would be on their side. Well, I was for them from the start.

I really liked that they did everything so that the crew wouldn't know of their plan, keeping them ignorant of the impending breech of the prime directive.

Really nice to read something in the perspective of the K'rikians. It is one thing of the fleeters to plan the survival of both species when they can't be convinced to let their revenge go.
tayababy chapter 11 . 4/19/2011
That ending was hauntingly beautiful. And the selflessness jeremey fincher showed when volunteering to say behind was just amazing, especially for someone that no one previously thought much of. So, I'd like to say how wonderful this is, and hope that you coninie it past the resolution of this mission and court case.
antra chapter 10 . 4/18/2011
I think the biggest problem for Tom Paris is that he was born in the wrong time. He should have been a contemporary of Kirk, he would have fit perfectly. At least they weren't as strict with the prime directive then.

I'm still saying it shouldn't really matter because the Lumen are warp capable
snow6835 chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Oh wow, I love how you've interwoven the delicate relationships between all of the characters together, especially Tom and Will's understanding of each other of needing to do the right thing. The idiot that's running the courtroom though... man I hope you humiliate him someway at the end of all of this. He is such an a**! Update soon!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Hobgoblins indeed. And I'm glad someone else noticed the, um, rather short amount of time that elapsed between the events of "Thirty Days" and "Counterpoint." I never really faulted Janeway in the end, but I always wondered. . .
beautyofsorrow chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Oh, so many things to say about this chapter! I loved the P/T element you wove into it, the showcasing of the trust so strong between them (I absolutely love that...). It made me smile, the "What about Tom Paris?" line repeat, now that I've seen "Thirty Days" and have witnessed the character moments and the strength of the loyalty between them. Really, I think one of my favorite parts of that episode was that scene, between Tom and B'Elanna, in Captain Proton. Not just because it was a wonderful P/T moment, but it showed that they were *both* willing to stand up for the right thing.

I also loved the little bit you put in there regarding "Counterpoint" and Janeway's (second or third) foray into hypocrisy, because that bothered me to no end. Glad to know someone *else* picked up on it! Great job, and I can't wait for more.
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »