Reviews for Responsibilities
tayababy chapter 12 . 4/20/2011
That was amazing, and I can't wait for the rest of this Paris saga/universe to see the light of day... er, light of FF. I love your writing style and the things you come up with. And while I'd also love to see more of the Enterprise Years (hint for a title), I can't help but be even more excited to see Tom commanding Voyager. He and B'Elanna really deserve it, and that ship really is hers!

Thank you so much for sharing this, it's been a pleasure!

Emma
snow6835 chapter 11 . 4/19/2011
Wow... just wow. That was such an amazing and passion-filled chapter which so eloquently depicted the respect everyone on board the Enterprise has for life, and showed exactly how far Tom has come from his early days on Voyager and before. Absolutely agreed and loved everything in Will and Tom's statements, and I truly hope Starfleet realizes how outdated the Prime Directive is in so many regards. Update soon please!
antra chapter 11 . 4/19/2011
After their speeches I would be on their side. Well, I was for them from the start.

I really liked that they did everything so that the crew wouldn't know of their plan, keeping them ignorant of the impending breech of the prime directive.

Really nice to read something in the perspective of the K'rikians. It is one thing of the fleeters to plan the survival of both species when they can't be convinced to let their revenge go.
tayababy chapter 11 . 4/19/2011
That ending was hauntingly beautiful. And the selflessness jeremey fincher showed when volunteering to say behind was just amazing, especially for someone that no one previously thought much of. So, I'd like to say how wonderful this is, and hope that you coninie it past the resolution of this mission and court case.
antra chapter 10 . 4/18/2011
I think the biggest problem for Tom Paris is that he was born in the wrong time. He should have been a contemporary of Kirk, he would have fit perfectly. At least they weren't as strict with the prime directive then.

I'm still saying it shouldn't really matter because the Lumen are warp capable
snow6835 chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Oh wow, I love how you've interwoven the delicate relationships between all of the characters together, especially Tom and Will's understanding of each other of needing to do the right thing. The idiot that's running the courtroom though... man I hope you humiliate him someway at the end of all of this. He is such an a**! Update soon!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Hobgoblins indeed. And I'm glad someone else noticed the, um, rather short amount of time that elapsed between the events of "Thirty Days" and "Counterpoint." I never really faulted Janeway in the end, but I always wondered. . .
beautyofsorrow chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Oh, so many things to say about this chapter! I loved the P/T element you wove into it, the showcasing of the trust so strong between them (I absolutely love that...). It made me smile, the "What about Tom Paris?" line repeat, now that I've seen "Thirty Days" and have witnessed the character moments and the strength of the loyalty between them. Really, I think one of my favorite parts of that episode was that scene, between Tom and B'Elanna, in Captain Proton. Not just because it was a wonderful P/T moment, but it showed that they were *both* willing to stand up for the right thing.

I also loved the little bit you put in there regarding "Counterpoint" and Janeway's (second or third) foray into hypocrisy, because that bothered me to no end. Glad to know someone *else* picked up on it! Great job, and I can't wait for more.
Nana Evans chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
You know what, I just came to the realization that we're dealing with a law that's more than 200 years old! Isn't it time to someone, ANYONE, make a few updates on it? I mean, it's been a problem since Kirk's time! sometimes I just don't get Starfleet at all...
Nana Evans chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
I have to say that your writing is really good, cuz you manage to make me stay awake dispite the fact that I onlt had 4 hours sleep last nigth...

But coming back to what matters, I agree with Tom's opinon on the Prime Directive and to me, it makes no sense not helping when you can. And you did a fantastic job pulling out my Klingon side with that judge... I got to say I wouldn't be able to stay half as quiet as Tom and Will did. Well, I just hope you won't be mean and will give me the pleasure of seeing that jerk's face when they win the case...

Waiting for the next one!
Alpha Flyer chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
I'm glad people seem to be enjoying this so far. I'll be updating soon although it is a bit frustrating with the FFN "traffic" feature down so us poor authors can't see whether we actually have an audience.

Antra - I would suggest you have a good, long chat with Tom and Will's lawyer ... ;-)
antra chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
I don't know if the prime directive even fits in this situation.

While the Lumen didn't develop warp capabillities in the classical sense they have them naturally. So contact with them is not a breach.

And while the K'rikians don't have warp they are already in contact with the Lumen, a warp capable race. Is it even possible to apply the PD to this scenario?
Runawaymetaphor chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
Find myself on the edge of seat again after this chapter,while I was utterly shattered by the end of chapter 8.

Not sure which feeling is better, both are produced by your poignant images and heart-wrenching plot points.
snow6835 chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
Woohoo, glad Miral and the other kids are safely tucked away at home now. Loved how the Doc was his usually snippy self even while having to readjust to Tom's new position. Can't wait to see why the bacterial growth stopped and what Tom's plan will be! Update soon!
supesfan18 chapter 8 . 4/15/2011
ok great job. i havent reviewed the other chapters yet but i love this series. cant wait to see more. hope this series lasts a long time
80 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »