Reviews for In Another World
AwkwardAspie chapter 33 . 3/11/2016
Wow, Lightning's whole conversation with Vanille was really great. I loved it!
AwkwardAspie chapter 32 . 3/11/2016
To be honest, I really don't care what his justification is, I still really hate Asael. Great chapter!
AwkwardAspie chapter 18 . 3/10/2016
I love how they both got jealous at the end there.
AwkwardAspie chapter 16 . 3/10/2016
Wow, what a chapter! The lengths that Lightning went to to find Fang are amazing.
AwkwardAspie chapter 12 . 3/10/2016
Wow, I really love that Lightning gave Fang permission to call her Claire.
AwkwardAspie chapter 8 . 3/9/2016
I love how gradually Lightning seemed to warm up to Fang in this chapter. Looking forward to reading more!
AwkwardAspie chapter 6 . 3/9/2016
I'm starting to really dislike Fang's father in this story. Anyway, great chapter!
AwkwardAspie chapter 5 . 3/9/2016
I really just love this story sooo much so far! It's such a good story!
AwkwardAspie chapter 3 . 3/9/2016
Wow, this is such a good story so far! I can't wait to read more of it.
Lance58 chapter 49 . 1/27/2016
No matter how many times Ive read this.. I can't stop laughing omg... It's just so much fun to read
Lance58 chapter 22 . 1/26/2016
No matter how many times I've read this.. I still fell Inlove with your story more and more.. I just wish for a sequel though
Awkward Dork chapter 16 . 7/29/2015
Beautiful.
Awkward Dork chapter 15 . 7/29/2015
Hmm, okay, I do appreciate this more and I can buy that maybe they themselves don't get the differences between sex and gender. Much more bearable. Interesting conversations...
Awkward Dork chapter 14 . 7/29/2015
I don't know if anyone's told you yet, but you're confusing gender and sex and it could actually be insulting for Vanille and others to call Fang by the wrong gender pronouns (she, her, etc) when Fang identifies as male. Fang may be a woman overall but he identifies with the male gender and its associated societal norms.

It's true that he shouldn't have to be forced into it and the abuse is awful, but you're wrongly conflating the two and thus making an implied, fallacious argument that Fang SHOULD identify as female, when in fact it's his choice. And I would understand if he comes to that conclusion himself and he actually realizes and chooses to identify with the female gender, but before he does, it is genuinely offensive for your characters to make these assumptions. It was hard reading this because of it, and it doesn't give me high hopes for the rest of this story if you don't get these differences. And that is what it seems (that you don't understand the difference), given that every character so far has portrayed the attitude I've outlined above, including the doctor. If I recall correctly, it also shows in the narration, but I admit I could be wrong.

I say this as a gender non-conforming woman, and I think anyone who has a decent grasp of the differences between gender and sex would say the same of what you've done so far.

That said, I hope this doesn't come off too harshly because I have enjoyed what you've done so far with your characterization and the setting... etc. Rafford's understanding that despite his abuse (which is indeed abuse... good job handling that by the way), Asael is a decent man overall and has done much for Gran Pulse. It shows maturity and complexity in thought, and I know a lot of people who wouldn't be able to get that down. Things aren't generally so black and white, and there is enough detail in the story for there to be some sympathy for the man, despite what he's done.

I really hope you might come back to this and revise this because it is a big thing to confuse, especially when it's central to the story...

I think I will be reading on, so I will be watching out for if I may have pegged you down wrong.
Lance58 chapter 55 . 6/29/2015
All I can say your an amazing writer! Even. Though I don't like angst you somehow made it so enticing to read that I sit hours straight reading it! You are amazing I wish you continue to write more! This story even though it's long I enjoyed every bit of it!
Every chapter is either fun, romantic and heartwenching.. I laugh at Serah bad timing or if you so called unfortunate events hahahhaha lmao poor girl! And venille too! I love every characters you made it feels alive! Especially fang and lightning! The plot too is very interesting! Please don't stop writing! And thank you so much for sharing it.
868 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »