Reviews for Solomon's Crossing
paganchic chapter 1 . 9/3/2018
I love this story
Lindaleriel chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
I first read your stories over 10 years ago on a website I don't think even exists anymore. TBAA was my first introduction to my beloved fanfiction and your stories were always my favourites. (Watch For Your Souls, especially) My parents are moving and I found a bunch of TBAA fanfic I had printed out way back when while I was cleaning out my room and I just had to reread them. I love them as much as I ever did. And then when I got a craving for some new TBAA fic, imagine my delight when I stumbled across a familiar pen name, and not only that but there was a story I'd never read before. What a treat! This is as good as your stories always were. TBAA fic is plagued by a lot of rather unfortunate writers, but you are a truly talented writer. I can picture your stories so vividly, they slip seamlessly into cannon, I really feel like they could be shows. Your characterizations are brilliant. And, icing on the cake, you not only have good stories and well written stories, but you also have good messages and stay faithful to a Biblical view of God. Thank you for the many years of joy your work has given me.
Zarz chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Wow! This is an incredible story! Andrew is such a wonderful character in this - you've put in so many wonderful little details, and an extraordinary blend of Andrew knowing and fearing what he's about to go through with being an angel dedicated to obeying the Lord in everything he does. Really extraordinary work! Your depiction of his struggle and his faith was heart-warming and heart-wrenching at the same time. You have incredible talent! His transformation at the end and chewing out of the town was wonderful and well-written. (And I'm glad that Forrest was redeemed; he was actually pretty nice to Andrew.) Andrew's first line was really funny as well. Yes, I can imagine he would be one confused Angel Boy after two weeks of living on the streets!

"'If God is for us, who can be against us?'" "Oh, the sheriff, the mayor, most of the police force, and half of Solomon's Crossing - especially the hungry half," - Hilarious! And Andrew's next remark about cheating was really sweet as well. You've written him with an incredible spirit!

About the only thing that confuses me was Adam. I couldn't quite tell if he was annoyed with Andrew or with how the people were treating Andrew. I would also have expected him to be more concerned than annoyed, as I gather Adam and Andrew are pretty good friends.

Besides that, this story was incredible! I really enjoyed the entire thing, and if I reviewed all of it as thoroughly as I 'd like, this might end up longer than the original story! I would absolutely love to see it made into a TV episode at some point - that would be a lot of fun, though also really heart-wrenching, to watch. Keep up the extraordinary work, and I'd really, really love to see more TBAA stories by you! Wonderful work!
christine chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
quite good story in a naive way. but your message do not really work. you preach against judging people by appearance - and your villain is fat balding man. ahem, how that fits into your clean, wholesome, unpolluted tolerance...
Foxfire832001 chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
January 10th, 2007

I found that this story was very interesting to read because of the way that it was written! It could have almost have been like one of the tv episodes that was never filmed for the tv series!

I really felt angry when poor Andrew was mistreated because of his outward appearance as a street person, but also the way that Sheriff Raeburn seemed to be so Godless & the seemingly horrible infulance that he had over the whole town.

The way that the people at first seemed to react at the sight of Monica & Tess even arriving in the town in their beloved Cadilac convertable really set the tone of the story very much so right from the start.

I also loved the suspense factor in this story as well, partly because I had no idea how things were going to proceed. But of course, knowing God, he worked everything out! I also loved the additional Angel back-up that he sent in terms the baliff & judge. (Rafael & Sam respectively)

Good Story!

Foxfire832001
coolcolin5 chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
I love your story so far! It is like I am watching the show and the story line is even better. I love that we find things out as Monica's does. It is so suspenseful, i can't put it down. I'm also happy to see you have a whole bunch of other storys that I can't wait to read. You should keep writing! Maybe do something with the end of the world and how the angles get through revolutions. You have a talent, maybe you have been touched by an angel. Pun Very Much Intended!
tophat chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
i am going home to God i am dieing thank you
i would to tell him what i read . and tell him to thank you.
you made my a little easy
Drandul chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
Thank-you; for both content and form. It was a 'story' both easy to read and well worth reading. I will now seek out any other TBAA stories you may have written.
Audrey Brackett chapter 1 . 4/30/2001
Wow, this was a good story! A recovery from tragedy after so many years...I like it!
Erin chapter 1 . 8/2/2000
This story is one of the most awesome stories that I've ever laid eyes on! Talk about talent! I hope to read more from you in the future! Keep up the good work in your writing; this story is now officially put on my list of favorite fan fiction stories!

Erin