Reviews for Snacking
Vandun chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
wow... no matter how many times i read this chapter it simply wows me and gets me in a fangirl sort of mood
LucastaPastaTheShamanRamen chapter 17 . 6/27/2014
Three years later and I'm still completely and utterly in love with this fic.
anon chapter 17 . 6/16/2014
Still here and still reading. Looking forward to the next installment of Snacking!
Snowflake In July chapter 17 . 6/18/2014
Absolutely marvelous. I have read and reread these many times, and I'm never disappointed. Thank you so much for continuing on even with so much life happening. You still have big fans out here. I'm excited to see what new inspirations come your way as the Dragon Age moves forward. If you ever need a new pretender, I'd love to help and lend thoughts.
suziegon chapter 17 . 6/15/2014
I love the descriptions of the arena and the gamblers. I can picture it easily in my head. There isn't too much said that I get bored with the detail, nor is there too little that I struggle to imagine it. It's well written. Similarly, the fight scenes are also executed well. Simple and effective. The same can be said for all the things you describe, actually. I find everything really easy to follow and picture without being bogged down by too much information. It's also well-written in that it flows nicely and sounds good.
Ha! I love the way Isabela dominates Sebastian! So satisfying.
I love the way Hawke's sneaking around the mansion and the way you've got her remembering things she's learned from Isabela. It shows off both the bond between them and how much Isabela's actually been able to give to Hawke – er, in a non-sexual sense xD It's great that you've got Hawke using all her senses to figure out where to go/what to do when she has no clue what's going on or who's letting her escape. And the first thing she says when someone notices her - “I was just looking for the privy” Oh geez! Perfectly in character.
Oh whoaaaa – someone pretending to be the Champion of Kirkwall, huh? With magic...? This is making me uncomfortable (in a good way). Who the heck IS this person?! Bahaha, I guess being on top is a useful tactic in various situations, huh? Hmm... That moment with Nolan... interesting...
Oh, that outfit sounds cool, though it's clear Hawke didn't choose it :p Dang, and you described du Gaudet's outfit quite well too! I'm usually horrible at picturing clothes. And I can't blame Hawke for not being able to take her eyes off Isabela – she sounds downright STUNNING in that outfit! I was gaping at my screen reading that for crying out loud! Isabelaaaaaaa... *reaches* Ohforgoodness- *is drooling over both Isabela and Hawke and the way they're eyeing each other*
HA. I see people still refuse to accept Hawke's relationship with Isabela. *smirks* Gosh, /I/ feel so much relief at having them back together. The world is right again, if only for a few moments. AND OF MY GOSH – I'M DYING at what Isabela's saying to Lady Janice! I can't even! XD And this is why I love her.
...Whoa. His kiss. Makes me want to /burn/ him. I appreciate the comment about Isabela never actually forcing herself on Hawke despite pushing for what she wants. There's a difference between showing someone you want something and making them give it to you.
Heh, “Where's the liquor?” was /perfect/. And using sailing analogies, I'm grinning. I love how they're interacting. And don't think I didn't catch that thing Isabela said about “the long haul”. I'm... *shakes head again* very impressed. ISABELA'S KISS. *roars with approval and cheers as the pirate starts on her warpath* And that mischief, dropping Hawke on the floor, with Hawke's reaction. Oh my! Just, pure gold, all of it!
I thought it refreshing how you told Jervis' story, making him human and even adding some humour instead of him being another nameless guard cut down by Isabela. I've read a few attempts of other people trying to do the same thing and it isn't easy to get readers to care about a side-character. I think you did a good job with it though. I especially liked his dialogue with Sebastian. It's also nice to get a stranger's perspective of Isabela in combat.
Hahahaha, I love the way Hawke's ranting to herself about Isabela misunderstanding her bruises!
... You know, I was starting to like Nolan... It's too bad, really. But it had to be done. At least you made him a dynamic character with reasons for doing what he's doing (even if we can't understand them) and not some silly villain who's “bad” because he simply likes to be.
DANG. Possessive!Isabela? Hellooooo Unnggg, she's so badass. My ovaries yearn for her... That kiss in the smoke, and the whispering in Hawke's ear, and seeing her go to du Gaudet knowing she's totally going to kick his ass in some sassy Isabela way... *sighs dreamily*. Du Gaudet calling Isabela garbage... *growls*.
...Oh my gosh... Did you just... let Isabela get impaled?! ... Wow... I... Good for you, having the strength to do that to your characters. It takes some hardcore writer to do that. Well done and well-written. And of course, Isabela's sass even when she's got a sword through her! ...OH. I know that move! Isabela's used it before in a similar situation to get right up close, into her opponent's guard! Ha! Brilliant! “I've had cramps that hurt worse than that” xD – Leave it to Isabela to still have that attitude after being eloctrocuted. And ahhhh, the way she's going to make him hurt for everything he's done... So utterly satisfying. Great climax to this story arc. You built up to it very well with the suspense and unexpected turns. And Isabela's victory is delightful.
*grins* I like the way Sebastian compares Isabela to a “Tevinter slave driver” when hatching a plan to rescue Hawke :p Ohoho - “I knew I'd make you come” YES. “In bed” - I don't even need to say anything, do I?
Ooooooooooohhh, are you hinting at a return of du Gaudet? You know, I REALLY would like to read that. And I'm willing to wait as patiently as you need. If it's even half as good as Eating Lionfish, it'll be well worth the wait.
HA! The last poison barrel thing was at The Blooming Rose?! XD Gosh, you've got great humour!
OH MY GOSH HAHAHAHAHAHA - Isabela WOULD be whining about not being able to have sex until she's healed! I bet she was counting on it as a way to celebrate their reunion like Aveline said. The poor woman *chuckles*. “None of that either!” I can't! You're too good! I'm gonna pee my pants.

Gosh, reading all these characters again... I've missed them. I've missed the way /you/ write them. It's good to see them again. I can't even tell you how excited I was to see you'd updated! Thank you so much for all your hard work, for pushing through and actually getting this posted. *shakes head, marvelling*

As for your author's note: WHUT. All /that/ happened?! No WONDER you took ages! *grins* But I'm SO glad you managed to finish it, and especially excited for more to come! And if that offer for pre-readers is still up, I'm definitely interested. Seriously. Also, in case you couldn't tell, I absolutely loved this “chapter”. It's great to have you back. Well, as “back” as you can be, without knowing when your next update will be! *nudges you playfully* You're a fantastic writer and I couldn't be a happier reader.
Atashi Desu chapter 17 . 6/15/2014
Oh yay, another chapter! And we finally get to see this situation resolved! Squeee!

Ahem. Yes. I enjoyed that immensely. You have such great description, especially with the fight scenes! I find myself emerged in the scene completely, and this doesn't usually happen for me (especially with fight scenes, which I find most people seem to have a hard time writing well). Good job!

I thoroughly enjoy your work, and am super excited to read that it is not over yet. I look forward to reading more, whether it's tomorrow or in another year! This was well worth the wait!

(And I saw all those Firefly references you snuck in here, you sneaky sneak! Those made me smile)
zenihua chapter 16 . 6/2/2014
Waiting for a nail biting conclusion to this short story! I love the way you portrayed isabela and this hawke and look forward to more of their adventures!
TBM1 chapter 16 . 3/8/2014
I really love this story so far and I can't wait for it to continue! I hope you are still working on it :)
DKLC chapter 16 . 12/5/2013
Excellent. I loved it. I hope you get around to finishing it one day. You have an amazing imagination. You've weaved an entire 100,000 words with very little content from the actual game, yet you've kept the scenarios and characters so in line with the Dragon Age universe. I hope I get to see the end if this story some day! I feel a little bit nauseous with poor Hawke being stuck with that creepy lord!
DKLC chapter 12 . 12/5/2013
I still haven't finished this yet, but this has got to be one of the best fics out there. I think that it's main strength is the chemistry between Isabela and Hawke. A lot of fics fall over when it comes to them actually being a committed couple, because we simply don't see enough emotional intimacy between them in-game. I really feel like this hits the nail on the head, and I actually believe that this is how Isabela would behave in a relationship. Your characterisation is so strong, and your writing style is elegant and smooth flowing. Bravo!
DKLC chapter 6 . 12/4/2013
"...you blasted human mattress." You, my friend, are hilarious. If Bioware makes another RPG dynasty, I hope that they hire you to write their party banter. So many lols.
DKLC chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
I literally laughed out loud at this chapter. You are a great writer!
DKLC chapter 2 . 12/4/2013
Oh my goodness, I had a giggle at this chapter. Isabela, Merrill and Hawke sharing a bath, that is so cute!
DKLC chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
I really liked this chapter. That part of the game always annoyed me. Especially when I chose the wrong dialogue and said I wasn't interested in a threesome, and Isabela went off with Zevran alone 0.o Cheers Bioware, so much for character development!
Xoraan chapter 16 . 8/18/2013
Isabela with a plan and some fun at Aveline's expense! (Not that I hate her, it's just fun) I've been waiting for an update for so long, I must read to the end! Please let Hawke and Isabela reunite!