Reviews for Shinigami's Folly
tanzar81 chapter 2 . 2/13
Omg when you described your shinigami all I could imagine was Harry Potter sitting there cursing his luck and cursing death for getting him to take this job? Lol
Guest chapter 23 . 9/16/2013
Very cool chapter, a lot going on.
I am oddly confused about the coffins during the Orochi/Saru fight. Now, the 3rd one was raised fully from the ground right? So there are three coffins with 1, 2 and 3 right? So here is where I am confused, are there two Sarutobis now? One young and one old? I went back and read that twice and perhaps I just am not understanding but I honestly don't understand what happened with Sarutobi, there was reference that he was young again?

The other thing that kind of stood out to me, and may vary well be explained in the next chapter. I am a little confused as to Naruto's seals and in particular how they effect his stamina/chakra reservoir. I was trying to mentally put some time marks on when Naruto first dropped his seals during his fight with Gaara and when he pretty much dropped because of stamina/chakra depletion. To me it seems like his power lasted for about 15-25 min max before he collapsed. All the while everyone else is just fighting away?
Maybe I misinterpreted his seals but I thought that his chakra/lightning seals were leech storage seals like Tsunades diamond seal? They take a little at a time to fill up over a period of time to be released when the user needs extra chakra without tapping (or during chakra depletion) into their own chakra.
Instead, what seemed to happen was that when Naruto released the seals it seems that yes, he got stored lightning chakra but his own chakra seemed to be depleted as well, perhaps this is what is supposed to happen? Maybe his seals are not effective yet?

Side note, There is A LOT going on in this story lol. Geez, like there is the haki (aka weaponsmith...something) then there was a round table with shadows, MIkoto, Orochimaru has his own agenda of course, and I want to say there was another shadow group a few chapters back that I still don't have a clue about. Perhaps that shadow group was the same as the round table shadow group, the one that when the shadows left the room wasn't even real, that one.
I'm having a really hard time following all of these shadow people, or even that lanky red haired guy, honestly lost about him. I think I must have missed something but why does everyone seem to know this Haki guy? HInata, knew him, Sasuke did as well right? Or was that a different guy that Sasuke got the scroll from? and what was up with the scene with the child looking into that one guys red eyes then his glasses broke on his face and he said something about Konoha or something.
lol yeah this is a side note so perhaps my reading comprehension just sucks and that is the reason I don't understand any of this but hey! I'm trying here.

So there ya have it, as a reader this is what I'm thinking and what I'm confused on right now
onijutsu chapter 18 . 9/15/2013
whoa whoa whoa WHAT!?
onijutsu chapter 15 . 9/15/2013
Alright, so,... The Iwa vs Team 7 confrontation, what? Seriously I have no idea what that was all about. Then the sound team vs team 7, Sakura told Naruto and Sasuke to not kill them...why?

"No! This isn't you…this is wrong! What does it mean if you kill them, only to become something worse…?"

The power they were using aside why was Sakura against killing them?
Including the power, how did Sakura even come to this conclusion?

Side note, I have always been wondering the reason behind the chuunin exam, honestly, think about it and it doesn't make sense. If the main reason of these exams is to make it to the final stage to showcase their representing villages power then what is the point of the first two exams? If this is the main reason then if this was real life I guarantee none of these participants would be of genin level, honestly why would they be? Send some jounin as 'genin' and make your village look better yeah?
It literally makes no sense when you break it down, it's pointless death for all the villages. Also these villages are letting their enemies just walk around their villages like it's fine, yeah no. Why take that huge security risk over a chuunin test of all things?
The argument over the 'showcasing of skills to potential customers' is a joke as well, seriously. If this world was real, people would know who was the strongest by how much land was conquered and fear of villages power would be common knowledge. This is almost a primitive world that Naruto lives in, fragile beyond belief, and only about 3 generations ago there were no villages only small 'tribes' warring about for land.

So yeah, I honestly don't like the chuunin exams at all, in my opinion field promotions and home village only tournaments should be the only way for a village to promote one of their own.
onijutsu chapter 11 . 9/15/2013
Hey, I just wanted to share my thoughts and views on your story so far.
First of all, you have an amazing foundation here, I haven't ran into any silly/immature themes or state of minds of the characters. That in itself is always good in my opinion.
When Haku entered the picture I was really excited because I really like the Haku Naru pairing but I was also a bit unsure because it is so simple to mess up a 'young person' relationship. However, my worries were dispelled as everything unfolded, the way you shared their history and how their attraction was set up was very simple, to the point, and most of all not a overly sob story of two pained souls finding foundationless 'love'.

I have brought up the word 'foundation' to express my opinion in both your story as a whole up to this point and in the sub catagory of HakuNaru. I believe a foundation in any story is probably the hardest thing to make and the easiest way to ruin a story, you have done a very very good job with these foundations so far to bring the readers in and make them connect with your story as well as the relationships you are setting up.

I can't wait to see what happens and how you unfold everything, I am kind of worried about a harem right now with the reaction from Temari. I am showing this concern because I have read (and I am sure you have as well) many stories with harems in them, and to me this makes the story take on an immature tone simply because there is almost no way to set up bonds and a solid foundation with multiple women with one man. I have never read a harem where I can take anything seriously. Once a harem is initiated the story starts going down hill because the main character Naruto is now being spread so thin over multiple partners.
It's like a replay of the same scenario with each girl, the same date, the same 'special time' nothing is original and as I read I simply lose all connection with the relationships and Naruto because there is virtually no way for me, a reader, to get solid foundations for all of them.

Anyway, not sure if this is going to be a harem this was just a thought as there is no proof as of yet.

I am really enjoying this and will continue to read as I can't wait to see what happens with Naruto and Haku, it's going to be intense.
Mohammad.Alzo chapter 6 . 7/13/2013
Hn...Oh my oh my!
Mohammad.Alzo chapter 2 . 7/12/2013
Hnnnnn.
LavenderMYSTery chapter 11 . 6/6/2013
This story is breath taking. It is very rare to find a story that pulls you in without the use of overly passionate romance or hard to believe drama. This story has it all. It is well though out and flows smoothly, giving just the right amount of hints to lead to the next part of the story without giving every secret away. I couldn't stop reading it starting from the very first chapter. I'm only on the eleventh chapter but I can't help but be drawn to the characters and relationships you have built. Thank you for the story!
Guest chapter 4 . 5/5/2013
I swear again, naruto beter not e gay or i will castrate u
Guest chapter 2 . 5/5/2013
I SWEAR TO GOD IF NARUTO IS GAY I WILL CASTRATE YOU, i can get sasuke being gay but naruto... NO NO NO!
HalfwayParanoid chapter 28 . 2/1/2013
Well, I support you, your writing is quiet good, and what had happened about the site, well, that should NOT happen, EVER.
Well, this was good, and was enjoying it eminsly.
agnar chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
No offense, this might be a great fic, but I'll never know. You did something that annoys me too much.

I don't mind a bit you changed some things from canon, like apparently sasuke's mom living, and having a sister, and he and naruto being kinda semi-friends.

What I mind, is all the changes occuring off-screen, with no explanation of what occured, when and how it happened, why it changed from canon, etc.

This means then, that either we just have to take random fucking guesses, or you end up doing a bunch of flashbacks to show us what occured, both of which suck.

Even the shinigami bit was incredibly unclear, the devouring vs. sealing thing, which means again we likely have to wait around until you deem it time to make clear what exactly was going on there and what changes were made.

Perhaps I'm too impatient, or read too many fics that seem to think it makes them great works of art to make the plotline obscure and vague until 20 chapters in, dribbling out answers via flashback. But I just find all this new, non-canon stuff happening off-screen annoying, because it's the CHANGES to canon that I came to read about. Not yet another 'naruto fails, gets tricked by mizuki and steals the scroll' scene that's 95% identical to canon.