Reviews for Days Go By
takers dark lover chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Very sad but very good you did great with this. And the timeline was fine it has been just over 9 years since his death.
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Had me crying *grabs tissues*

LOVE IT!
rosiewitch24 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Damn, this one actually made me cry. That was a first for me. I always loved Davey Boy and still love Bret. But I think it was the image of the chair that got me. Wonderful story, thank you.
xAracnaex chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
oh i loved this! it was amazing, made me smile, and slightly sad lol. i really liked it :D
redsandman99 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Very good stuff. I love it.
Dark Kaneanite chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Ooo Lava, I loved it! -hugs- It was perfect and I thank you for the work you put into the story; it was so real and raw that it brought tears to my eyes, always the good kind when I read your works.

The image of Bret sitting in that chair, feeling a piece of Davey there even though he's moved on from the physical world and feeling at peace is just a moving image and thought.

Thank you Lava! -heart-
wrestlefan4 chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Bret, Davey, Davey/Bret *Hearts*

This was very good. You mentioned your research in the A/N and though it is tiring it def shows through in your story and sets it apart from stories where someone just sits down and types straight from their head. All the little details make it better and better. You got both of these men down great. I really loved the leather chair and the way it and Bret were metaphorically similar. I thought that was creative to use something like this broken down leather chair as a store for these memories. It's much more creative than something like an old photo triggering the memories. The cracks in the leather and the worn-out-ness of the chair was just a great image and I love the comparison in the end to the lines in Bret's face, etc. It was also nice that you really got a hold of the things that were going on around them at the time like Shawn, their wife/marriage/divorce/children issues, because again this gives another level to the story. It makes it seem more anchored to a place and time and set of circumstances rather than just this story with person A and person B that's floating around on a cloud that only includes the two of them. Does that make sense? It's also REALLY NICE to read a piece with Bret reflecting on a relationship that's NOT SHAWN. Yeah, I'm completely guilty of this in abundance but what can I say. Anyway, I really enjoyed this story. This is one of my fav pairings too. Thanks so much for writing and sharing this with us, I know DK will love it! :)
LegacyChick chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
*wipes a tear away* Wow, hun... that was so very beautiful. I mean... just... I'm at a loss for words that could pay this story the brace it should get. And even that's probably the complete wrong phrase to use.

You have that special gift to express with little details and discriptions more than with conversations. The emotions you portray in this story are so heartfelt and vivid that I couldn't help but to get drawn straight into the story. Just beautiful :)