Reviews for The Dream of Freedom
cindylili chapter 29 . 2/19
I like how you can take a minor character and make it a favorite... I even like the OCs in your story. The ending of this series was perfect. I really, really loved this, and it's hard to believe that Cashmere's dead now...
ajt1441 chapter 19 . 12/21/2014
I've been an avid reader of your Freedom Trilogy up to this point. I don't know if you are going to read this, but I just felt so strongly about this chapter that I needed to write to you. This is one of your many chapters that has made me break down. I have become so attached to your characters. You are able to portray such realistic characters and have them develop in an astonishing way. More than the individual character development, I commend you on the interpersonal relationships you have formed. Although I could see the future relationships chapters in advance and had already written them off as cliched, they surprised me. Specifically in this chapter, Miracle's comment to Cashmere was such a small token of their newly developed relationship that I lost it. The subtlety with which you are able to add new dimensions to the story line impresses me. I just wanted to voice my opinions and convey my gratitude for writing such moving stories (and for making me fails finals since I read these during finals week and couldn't put my computer down). Thanks you so much again and I can't wait to read the rest of Cashmere's story and the rest of your work here!
melliemoo chapter 12 . 10/22/2014
I would think the mentors get to go home as soon as their tribute dies.
melliemoo chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
It's been a while since I read this, and I'm enjoying the re-read. What is the explanation for Cashmere only mentoring Gloss, and not since? I would think new victors would be high up on the mentoring list. It seems as though Gloss has mentored.
LydiaofNarnia chapter 29 . 2/16/2014
Oh no, oh gosh, oh no, this is painful, this is too painful... WHYYYYYY

Cashmere's dead. Gloss's dead. Ursala's dead, and probably Tiberius too. NAAAARGH, this so isn't FAIR, you can't DO THIS... Suzanne Collins can't DO THIS, YOU can't do this... oh, I can't even talk anymore, it just hurts so much, and I blame YOU.

Now, off to read your much happier ending where I hear Cashy and Gloss actually LIVE...
Guest chapter 14 . 5/8/2013
Oh Caisha, your stories truly are addicting. But can't your characters ever have a weensy bit of sympathy for Katniss, or at least Peeta? He was genuine. :(
Clove1113 chapter 17 . 3/5/2013
The first of many sceens that is aactually painful to read. Or, when you killed Dahlia, Megaera and Clove were sad too.
Clove1113 chapter 29 . 3/1/2013
Now all you have to do is rewrite that whole story so Cashmere lives! Congrats! I do love Astraea!
zuritamupaka chapter 29 . 11/30/2012
Alright, I did it. I finally got around to reading your Freedom trilogy. Oh my gosh, I am so glad that you suggested it to me. I had always seen them there but just thought that it was too much of a monster to read. I am so glad that I decided to read it however, and I will most certainly continue with your Alternate Ending.
First of all this whole thing is perfection. It is remarkable to me how canon you make this seem, how real the words are when it is based off of only a few lines about Gloss and Cashmere from Catching Fire. I love your world of District 2 that you keep intertwined as well. The way you designed both districts and the personalities you give your characters are so intriguing. I love all the back stories and how every character is so developed. I found myself so attached to some characters and despite knowing that they would die in the end, I rooted for them the whole way. Not just Gloss and Cashmere either, but Corvinus, Dahlia, and Glimmer. I loved the details you made up about Enobaria and the character you created that is Ursala. The relationships that you gave the characters were superb and so believable. From Falco and Cashmere to Dahlia and Tiberius the interactions that you described were fantastic.

I can't even tell you how much this story has impacted me. Your writing, your flawless portrayal of Cashmere, everything was just the best. It took me a while to get through, but I would come back to this story whenever I could. The way you made Cashmere and Gloss go to the Quell was heart-breaking as I thought the whole time it would just be bad luck that made Falco pull their names. I really liked getting to read this story from Cashmere's point of view. I loved how you wrote her personality changes and I liked how you could see her change as a character as the story progressed and she got older and less innocent.

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful trilogy, I can't believe that you spent so much time writing this, I feel so lucky to have read this masterpiece. I'm excited to read the Alternate ending and will be reading most anything you post from now on. Thank you, you are wonderful.
Dawn chapter 29 . 8/15/2012
Dear Caisha,

Where should I begin? I have only just finished reading your ‘Freedom’ trilogy, but already I find Cashmere’s story even more compelling than Katniss’. You have done an amazing job of creating the world before the Mockingjay, so kudos to you for that. Your depiction of the power struggles in District One – often thought to be the most fortunate district –, the harsh reality of life in District Two, as well as the cruel fates that await each victor, cleverly brought to life the misery and unhappiness that exist in Panem, and perhaps more importantly, the omnipresent feeling that one can never be safe. It is my opinion that you have been more successful in capturing the tyranny of the Capitol. In Collins’ saga, we see Snow’s malice matched against Katniss’ defiance, but the ‘Freedom’ series pits his exploitative cunning against the quiet submission of the victors who dare not rebel regardless of their dissatisfaction with the status quo, and I strongly feel that it is this that better highlights the boundary between the empowered and the powerless.

As I was reading, it became impossible to not empathize with your characters; from Dahlia to Narissa, each resonates with such realism that I find it hard to believe that they did not originally belong in the Hunger Games universe. It is Cashmere’s voice that stands out the most, and her evolution from a girl seeking independence to a woman desperate for freedom from a totalitarian society. I particularly liked her gradual reconciliation with Satin; it was pleasant to know that she could rely on her formerly estranged sister amidst Snow’s manipulations. For me, your well-planned storyline answered questions ‘Catching Fire’ raised, the most significant being what it must have been like to enter an Arena with family. It wouldn’t be far-fetched to believe that Cashmere’s blatant overprotectiveness and Gloss’ reciprocation would break any reader’s heart, much less Falco’s determination to live out his lover’s lifelong dream even after her death.

What struck me most – after Cashmere’s growth through vicissitudes – would be your portrayal of the vengeful Enobaria. I found that Collins has always hinted that there is something behind her bitterness, an incident so powerful that it drove her to rip out another’s throat in what seemed like a last reckless attempt at survival. The background you meticulously crafted provided sufficient fuel to justifiably push her onto the road for revenge, so kudos again for that!

That said, I would very much like to hear from your Enobaria again. I know this is an unreasonable request, especially with real life and Paylor’s tale still a work in progress, but it would be fascinating to see things through the eyes of one of the remaining victors – bloodthirsty, a dangerous Career, and who has always seemed like a lapdog for the Capitol. Just my two cents. Anyhow, congratulations on writing such a fantastic trilogy, and thanks for putting up with my ridiculously lengthy review.
Erin chapter 27 . 7/21/2012
love this chapter!:)
MaxRide05 chapter 29 . 7/15/2012
Ah, it's over... I feel a little sad now. That last line was perfect.

You've done a good job. Be proud!
Bug chapter 17 . 6/22/2012
WOW! This is incredible. You are without a doubt the best HG fanfic author ever. I'm attached to these characters myself! You've given cameo canon characters as well as your OCs such depth, and I think of this story as canon. It fits perfectly. You've made me root for the careers rather than 12, even, and almost make me despise Katniss along with them. You are truly phenomenal and I thank you for this story!
Anon chapter 29 . 5/28/2012
I found this story a while back, but only finished reading it today. Part of that was because I didn't want Cashmere to die.

I love your take on the characters. I love how you fleshed out a whole new world and a whole new cast.

You took every plothole, every weakness in the original storyline and turned it into something new and beautiful.

So thank you. For writing this.

And I will always hate you for what you did to Falco.
CloveKnifeThrower chapter 28 . 5/26/2012
This is one of my favorite fanfic's ever! If only Cashmere knew what she was getting herself into when she volunteered for the games. I'm sure she has no regrets. The ending was so sad, and I wonder what Falco was thinking when she died. I'm sure Cashmere, Gloss and Sapphire are in a better place now.