Reviews for In Search of the Dragonborn
Paddling The Pink Canoe chapter 6 . 8/5/2012
I'm beginning to see the awesomeness of one-shot stories thanks to yours. And inspired by just the trailer no less! Anyway, thanks for writing these. They're like rich chocolate sweets that explode into flavorful goodness when you pop them into your mouth. It's a pleasure that you just don't get from eating a five-star ten-course meal. Well... I just made myself hungry.

Not sure if you remember me, but I've had your profile bookmarked for quite a while now so we must have spoken at one point some time ago.

Now, I'm off to check out your Dragon Age stories. I'll have to be cautious and picky though since I've only had enough free time to play through the game just once. Anyway, I'm off to the deli to see about lunch (and maybe something chocolatey) and I'll go back to rooting about in your profile.
ChampionTheWonderSnail chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
Pfffft...Bwa ha ha ha ha! This was hilarious from beginning to 'end', though I doubt this is going to ever end for our heroes as Merisoo seems to jump from world to world far, far too easily. By gods that woman gets around. If I see her in Deus Ex or Mass Effect I know I've gone truly mad or else Merisoo is truly the Second Coming.

Apologies I've taken so long to get to this wonderful installment. I'm slowly, slowly working my way through my list and this was truly such a treat to get to. I hope you keep writing ma'am and that games such as these continue to inspire you.

Thank you for the trip and looking forward to more!
Enaid Aderyn chapter 6 . 6/22/2012
"A thought struck him...only one blessed by the gods could kill another of the same ilk."

This made me snort so hard .. . 'hmm - Merisoo- *ding*' Lightbulb! XD

And now I need to track this movie down and watch it . . . ;)
Abydos Jackson chapter 6 . 6/16/2012
Nice to see you back! :-) Are you still chasing bunnies and butterflies through Skyrim? ;-) :-D
interesting2125 chapter 6 . 6/12/2012
The Nerevarine cannot die. The Nerevarine can never die. To even imagine otherwise is to invite doom, pestilence and zits. On the other hand, the Dragonborn can never be defeated; to even ponder the concept is to invite Sheogorath and wildebeests to nest in your hair.

So what happens when the Nerevarine finally clashes with the Dragonborn?

Babies. I'm thinking the answer is babies. Immortal, plenty awesome, babies. They will rend Tamriel's skies with their mighty shouts, and many a mammoth shall be milked to death to quench their mighty thirst.

Always a pleasure to read you!
massivelyattacked chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I can't believe you wrote this so long ago! And inspired by the trailer no less. Very nice.

I picked up Oblivion for the PS3, and to be honest, wasn't sold on it. So when I started to hear more about Skyrim, I wasn't sure what to think. That all changed when my laptop died in October and I bought a new one - specifically for gaming - in December. It shipped with Skyrim, and now my life is tied to that damn story I'm writing. Oh, and the game of course.

But enough of my story here, back to yours. This is beautiful! I adore the imagery of this guy, who I can only assume is Alduin, waking up. You have quite a way with words.

Let the hunt begin, indeed...
walkingdisastersharkchild chapter 5 . 11/13/2011
I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE THIS BEFORE!

Ahhhh, I love the Elder Scrolls. And this.
Enaid Aderyn chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
Oh my stars, Rox - this was SO worth the wait. Your customarily vivid word painting had me shivering right along with the intrepid band, and every character's distinctive personality sprang out. Wonderful.

I *almost* wish the Game were coming out a little later so as to allow undisturbed exploration of this story line - because by golly I want more of this! :)
interesting2125 chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
ASOIAF Elder Scrolls Win!

I love the way you set the mood, the northern lands' personification as a savage, temperamental entity. As usual you excel at creating a dark, brooding feeling with few words.

It's quite the exercize to introduce so many characters in such a small format - it works well for the most part, though it does entail some backtracking for the reader once they start interacting. Still, the alternative would have called for many pages...

Have fun in Skyrim!
Ygrain33 chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
Your description of the journey in blizzard almost made fetch myself a warm sweater, and all the time I was anticipating the "freeze to death while digging for the bones of a..." what is it this time, madman? :D And I just _loved_ the intertextuality - all of it, but "Will Melisandre know a real Promised One from a fake one" absolutely rules!
DualKatanas chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
I was wondering what had happened to this... though I guess by its very nature updates would be sporadic. Ah, well, now that we've got one I'm not complaining.

Ah... ASOIAF. Slightly annoying; I MEAN to read that, but I haven't yet, so I have no clue about those characters...

Excellent description in that first paragraph. Always good to see.

More good description here, though I should point out that the tribes of Elsweyr aren't defined by the different Khajiiti races. At least, I think so; my knowledge on them is far from perfect.

A fat Imperial from the Imperial City? Ah, yes, I can't think of anyone less well-suited to Skyrim... except, of course, this Argonian. Being cold-blooded would be a massive disadvantage...

A Bosmer wouldn't be at home here either... it's a far cry fro the jungles of Valenwood.

Succumbing to the elements... a large risk for Altmer, true, but an Argonian would always be at more risk.

Ah, good to see my favourite race. I wouldn't say Orsinium is split, though. Only a small proportion in the province worshipped Malacath 200 years ago; by now I'd have assumed that Orsinium was almost full of Trinimac-worshippers. It's not the like Malacath-followers HAVE to stay. They could always leave; they're Orcs. However... I've just read that Orsinium has been sacked early in the Fourth Era. This will be... interesting, to say the least... Bleh. I'm talking to myself again...

And here I detect a big problem. You've described each person fairly well, but now with the sudden introduction of names... I have no idea who anyone is. Samwell is easy to label as the Imperial, but as for the rest, it's near-impossible, as these borrowowed names aren't the best for the races of TES, far from it. Thus, by the end of that chapter, I'm still clueless. That definitely needs clarifiation, for sure.

What IS a quean?

Well, the description is excellent, but the confusion about the names makes it hard to judge, elsewhere. I will say, however, that if this is the start of a major Skyrim fic, it should really have been standalone. Still, I'm sure you know what you're doing. And it IS up to your usual standards, as far as I can tell, which is always a good thing. And finally I can leave a review that is approaching 'acceptable' in length...
Abydos Jackson chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
Yay...a mix of two of my favourite things! :-D Hehe...like your Southern Canadians I too whimper at a solitary snowflake. I HATE the stuff, or rather, I hate that brown, sludgy, sloppy stuff it turns onto...eugh...winter is coming... ;-) :-D Happy playing! My copy's already been despatched and I'm super-excited. :-D
ChampionTheWonderSnail chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
After I'd finished jumping up and down enough to read this, I had to wait until I'd caught my breath to write a review. And WOW...! From the detailed descriptions of all the companions; each with their own reason to undergo this much hardship to the head-spinning battle with the undead, this has been such an incredible, thrilling, hilarious ride.

Need I say anything from you is so worth the wait? I've been starving for your feast of words, but this chapter has been so filling, it's going to last me at least another couple of months...maybe...

Thank you so much for sharing your vision of this wonderful world!
1489236 chapter 4 . 6/30/2011
Ah, I'd almost forgotten the bloodmoon questline, and I concur that serving Hircine beats running around after those pesky Nords! Raving lunatics have much more fun ;) Also, great depiction of one creature's dark, secret servitude to Namira; my tarantula approves!
Crisium chapter 4 . 6/20/2011
As if the anticipation for Skyrim wasn't unbearable enough, you have to go and write something like this! Chapter four just makes me deeply nostalgic for Morrowind, well done. I'd love to see more.