Reviews for Haigeki
iceblueshadows chapter 13 . 6/16/2013
Amazing, I read a lot and this is one of the more unique plots I have seen and it was beautifully executed.
Marty chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
I'm a bit confused - How does Ranma know that Akane and Ukyo were taken in the attack at the school. You Just stuck that in without Ranma witnessing it or going and searching for them and NOT finding them. This is a serious breach of continuity.
ElliePW chapter 13 . 6/12/2013
Well done
Rick M chapter 13 . 6/11/2013
I thought that exposition on tenki and all the technical discussion on creating and being a magical girl went on a bit long. It was like reading a physics textbook. I'm not sure what you could have done to fix that. Maybe making the explanations more metaphorical, or breaking it up into smaller pieces would have helped.

My favorite part of the story was seeing how Ranma changed and grew as the story progressed. It was not a straight line to success. He failed and regrouped, was forced to make sacrifices and redefine his goals. He was victorious, but it was a sadder, wiser, less impulsive Ranma that came out the other end of his ordeal.
tatewaki2000 chapter 13 . 6/10/2013
Thank you.
tatewaki2000 chapter 13 . 6/10/2013
" I. Am. Iron. Man."

Hahahahahaha. This story is wonderful! Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the care and heart put into this adventure.

I've dedicated so much time... searching for that treasured fanfic... and this work ranks around the top. Again, thank you. And know that you've given your readers something... special.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/9/2013
Fitting ending to a great story.
The Lost Hibiki chapter 13 . 6/9/2013
Beautiful work, an ending without an ending, to leave a glimpse of what would be. I truly enjoyed this story from beginning to end, thank you for your work and effort.
Chargone chapter 13 . 6/8/2013
Wow.

A most excellent ending to a most excellent tale.

I...
Really can't add anything to that.
TharzZzDunN chapter 13 . 6/8/2013
Very nice, I love the ending chapter. Thanks for writing!

Cheers!
boyrich chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
This is by far one of the best Ranma stories I have read on this site. I hope you come up with another.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
Watch the last star die, and then go on another hundred billion years. That'd be nice.

(Setsuna's off by an order of magnitude or two, but no matter.)
sandcrawlr chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
Brilliant ending to the story. Keep up the writing!
K chapter 13 . 6/6/2013
'I stood and spread my arms in answer. "Neaarrowwoom," I rumbled, running across the room. I pivoted, arcing through my office in a pair of pretend loops.'

I'm dying, here. This was beautiful.
uragaaru chapter 13 . 6/6/2013
This may be the closest to Pyrrhic victory I've seen in a fanfiction story. It was narrative satisfying (if bleak) to have the nominal victory come at what is essentially, the price of Ranma's soul. She may be a benevolent dictator but, (even though she is forced to beyond her wishes) she is a dictator nevertheless. What is perhaps most ironic that the scars borne by Ranma are not visible, or rather the scars, because of tenki, are striking and terrifying in their beauty. Would it have been good to have some sort of salvation for Ranma? Perhaps, but this is perhaps the only way we can see the true costs of the nobility and honor a martial artists like Ranma purports to be. She is willing to risk becoming a monster (by some measure she has become the monster) in order to fulfill the promises made.

On a formal note, there is a small typo (a misspelling of "percent") and there is perhaps a bit more telling than there should have been. While I understand that there is perhaps nothing to narratively be gained by it, having the conversation with Akane would have given us insight into the fanaticism and love/hate that was part of Akane's (mostly invisible to the reader's) journey.

Overall I was very satisfied with your work. It hurt, quite a bit at times, but I appreciate the craft and the amount of care and ( I suppose) chutzpah needed to take the characters and the reader to uncomfortable places.
511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »