Reviews for Stages of Hope
AimsH chapter 32 . 7/6
This made me cry mannn. This story was reallyyyyy amazing
ItMeYaGril chapter 32 . 7/4
Straight into favorites. Your Narnia inspired ending, panning the camera away just as the protagonists begin to sprint towards their happy ending, was the cathartic ending this story needed to wrap it up cleanly. Well done. Well done.
Shmeel chapter 32 . 7/1
I’ve read this through thrice now, and each time was better than the last. The laughs and the tears respectively warrant my unyielding thanks for such a fabulous story.
- Sam
cannibalism mentions this early is always a good sign
That was so rude. How could you do that to me? I cried so much during that chapter.
carza chapter 32 . 6/16
This is truly one of the most emotional invoking stories I have ever read. I know that it has been almost twenty years since the epilogue but I just wanted to say thank you for the story!
GreenEyes-BlueCoke chapter 32 . 6/13
your story was beautiful and it made me cry and i loved it and
There is a ton of excellent stuff here. You got all the hard stuff perfect, but then messed up some of the easy stuff.

Anyway, if I can read through 32 chapters of a fanfic and only spot like 10 things that genuinely bothered me about the story, and then spot several dozen things that totally impressed me, then it's an absolute top tier fanfiction.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
K-Rock 1315 chapter 32 . 6/7
I remember hearing once that ninety percent of everything is crap (sturgeon's law). When it comes to Harry Potter fanfiction I wouldn't hesitate to bump it up to 95 percent. This story is one of the 5 percent that is truly, actually good.

The characters are well characterized and you can understand them all and their motivations. A lot of times when stories are written about a bad universe where everything fell apart. Harry, Hermione, and the rest are so poorly done that you can't recognize how they became the way that they did. Over the course of this story the audience was able to both enjoy their "new personalities", discover how they got to that point, as well as still see their original character deep down inside driving them and their motivations. For all his madness and eccentricities you could look at that character and see that he is still Harry, just Harry.

The story was well paced and there were only a few places where it felt like it dragged. The perspective shifts helped to keep things engaged when relatively little time or action has happened. I would have liked to see a few more action scenes just to highlight a bit more how hyper competent these teenagers are when compared to the usual fare of adult wizards.

Overall, this was a great piece that told an emotionally fulfilling story. You sympathized with the alternate universe's characters and their plight while simultaneously understanding where the quartet are coming from and why they act like they do. You want them to be able to open up and connect with each other while understanding their reluctance and belief that any joy they create will ultimately lead to further suffering down the line. I would recommend this story to anyone who enjoys Harry Potter as well as stories driven by character development and relationships.
zachariahm chapter 32 . 6/4
Fantastic, your characters felt so alive that it puts most other writers on this site to shame.
jissymilissy chapter 32 . 6/3
Beautifully written, i absolutely love your little references. This is perfectly splendid.
a maze ing...
thats all l can say.
xfel chapter 32 . 5/27
Wonderful!
this is amazing!
waterthecan chapter 32 . 5/15
this is going to be a horrible review and a horrible compliment, but i feel like i have to say it? i hate, hate, hate the pairings. it made me want to delete the tab and pretend i never started the story, find another one, even though they weren't the main focus. but i continued on, and i'm so fucking glad i did. the story is beautiful. the writing is beautiful, and luna-her stories, the quotes, the luna-less narration as well, of course. it was amazing, it was lovely, and it was completely worth it to deal with childish flinching at lily/remus or "sarah" or other non-canon pairings (i've gotten used to hinny, it's impossible not to even if i wrinkle my rose) when the story was so much more. to be honest, i was not expecting this at all from the summary-but i didn't think i'd enjoy it this much, either, and it was much better than what i was expecting. it was just-really, really good.
4,459 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »