Reviews for The Story of the Window
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I liked this story of yours so much better than that actual Meta Episode.

I mean I really enjoyed "The Monster at the end of This Book" and the one where the boys got tricked into attending the first ever Supernatural convention. That was funny to me because it used the fans like us as it basis for the "in jokes". But I couldn't find that same sense of inclusion in the Meta Episode.

You know what it felt like to me? It felt like Ben Edlund had taken me on a first date and we wound up going to his class reunion and ten minutes in he leaves me standing by the punch bowl- sheesh. Did you know what the lighting director of Supernatural looks like or what he's like personality wize? Or the head of stunts? Was he in real life not a touchy feely kind of guy so slapping Jensen on the ass would have been funnier if we all knew it was so out of character-ya know? Watching the Meta Epiosde made me feel left out, I didn't get any of the "in jokes" and it especilly felt like a real slam to the Sam fan's to have Jared and Geneveve's real wedding photo used and the long close up on the ring on his wife's hand left me feeling uncomfortable.

The best part for me was when Misha tweeted it was aired in real time ( EST ) as the Episode that night.

Maybe it was just me but if they could have used one tenth of the insight into the relationship that you did in this story about Sam and Dean's reaction to their "Meta" experience it would have been a better attempt at Meta, I think.

Thanks for your take on it, it made me feel better about the whole "Meta" experiment.(LOL)
wcfan chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Sam seems more affected by this trip than Dean. Probably because since the whole Ruby thing, the boys' relationship seemed more dependant on Dean. And of course Dean can never give a straight answer so that doesn't help.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Would have loved to seen this converstaion on the show. i can just imagne the look that would have been on Bobby's face at the time!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
I love your tag to this episode.

You did a wonderful job with the characters voices and their conversation.

I really like Sam's thoughts and prayer at the end of your story.

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
Reading this story, all the ways the "actors" were so different and didn't like each other, and Sam trying to find the reason behind their bond - and Dean says, "I'm not talking about it. Go to sleep." That made me laugh. That was so Dean, the Dean that I like seeing. And it answered the question - they love each because they love each other. They care about each other. So what if they don't have much in common (or so they think) That has nothing to do with love.

Great story!