Reviews for Buckles and Laces
shdowhunt60 chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Eeeyup, straight to the favorites this one goes.
Taranea chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Hahah, new head canon accepted! XD I definitely have to bring that line reasoning into one of my sonic fanfics (and this explanation actually reminds me a lot of the reason that is usually cited why the 11th Doctor wears a bow tie instead of a normal tie...;) ) but no worries, if I do manage it, credit will be given. ;) I laughed at the mental image of a hedgehog kid bristling and the mom going 'No tearing the sheets!' XD Plus, framing the whole things as Sonic telling this to Tails as a bedtime story worked really well, in my opinion. Kudos for writing! :)
Matthew069 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
XD nice story just finished it (3:12 PM)
1Past and Present1 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Absolutely lovely; a story about Sonic's speed and awesome shoes, with no bull clogging the pace. A story that in its simple way shows respect to the hedgehog, because it fits his character so well. The interaction between Sonic and his lil' bro Tails was also very well done. In essence, a fic written well and pleasurable to read.

Good work.
Qwisse chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this story yet.

Funny how Sonic's superspeed is only barely evident in most stories. If he ever starts running, it reduces to 'Sonic was running across the field when he suddenly saw Eggman's new robot'. Relationships and character study are sweet, but sometimes I catch myself forgetting what the series are about.

This fanfic is about Sonic AND his speed.

I believe it wasn't all that easy, writing about that unvisible barrier and the young hero's sensations. But you managed it, making the words whistle in a carefree way. The story is light and somewhat mischievous... just like the hedgehog himself.

Parts about grown-up Sonic and Tails in the hospital are fluffy. They are not in the spotlight, but they make a nice addition to the tale.

I've read the story several times by now, and every time was a pleasure.

- Qwisse.
Speedy1236 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Y'know, I've tripped on my shoelaces on a run as well. Luckily just got myself a few bruises, but if I'm wearing shoes with long laces I tuck them down now ;)

I've always loved stories explaining a character's background and this one does so quite nicely. You managed to make an interesting and entertaining story out of the trivial question why Sonic's shoes have buckles instead of laces :)

It was fun to read and I could see Sonic telling this tale to Tails. The characters are well written; Tails is downright adorable and Sonic has this somewhat typical casualness.

At the beginning, in the first paragraph when Sonic is talking to Tails, I guess it would have helped a little describing where they are and what has brough them there; I was halfway through the story when I figured Tails was in the hospital. First I thought Sonic is telling him a bedtime story.

Anyways, a nice story I really enjoyed reading.

Speedy
andromeda0909 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Omg! Awesome story! Love it!