Reviews for An Idea of Synchrony
Still Not King chapter 8 . 5/26/2011
Finally, the Doctor is aware of Romana's existence.

I liked the idea of Romana being an agent of the Silence. I also think you did a great job with the Doctor and Romana's dialogue; the banter between them feels very in-characther for both.

I liked the open-ended conclusion. You just know Romana will think of some clever plan and meet up with the Doctor again sometime.

I really enjoyed reading your fic. It was great.
Still Not King chapter 7 . 5/26/2011
I liked Romana's internal conflict in this chapter over wheter or not the Doctor is responsible for the cracks or not. I loved the part at the end where she realizes it's not his fault.

Espeically liked the last three lines.

Still Not King chapter 6 . 5/26/2011
This chapter reminded me of how much I loved The Lodger; Eleven's attempts at blending in with humans were entertaining both on the show and in your fic.

I liked the interactions between Sophie, Craig, and Romana; Romana and the Doctor's interactions were, as usual, great.

I also liked the ending part of the chapter concerning Romana finding the crack in the house.

MayFairy chapter 8 . 4/22/2011
YAY! they met! and that was probably the best way it could have happened. do we know what she looks like yet?
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 8 . 4/22/2011

And now... now I understand. Now it all fits. And it's suitably timey-wimey to make sense within the context of the timey-wimey finale.

And NOW it demands a sequel. But then... I suppose Series Six is actually going to give us the sequel, considering... well, I won't spoil you if you don't already know (but I'm guessing you do... Whovians love spoilers, as a rule), but let's just say... Episode Four. It's gonna be a big one. One I've been waiting for for YEARS, if my guesses about what's going to go down are correct.

But if I turn out to be wrong, you WILL write a sequel, won't you?
MayFairy chapter 7 . 4/21/2011
as usual, i loved it! the end was cool.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 7 . 4/21/2011
And this... THIS is a powerful chapter. Because finally, at last, I think my mind knows where my subconscious thought this must be going, and it was right, and that's a disturbing parallel to what happened to HER in this chapter, only reversed or twisted or... well, long story short, EPIC chapter and I'm desperate to see the last bit! I suppose it's safe to assume that you'll be posting before we see the premiere on Saturday?
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
As usual, marvelous. Having literally just this minute rewatched The Lodger, everything was fresh in my mind and that somehow enhanced the experience of reading this. Brilliant, and now more than ever I am deeply intrigued by where you intend to take this. Unless I miss my guess... just one moment in time left to visit... and it's the big one.

Buckle your seatbelts, ladies and gentlemen. The last two parts are going to be wild...
MayFairy chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
this was awesome! and even though it doesn't exactly count...

sooo...will she meet up with him at the Pandorica? please say yes! :)
MayFairy chapter 5 . 4/19/2011 was that the amy and rory from the future who came back to see themselves?

and she was sooo close to seeing the Doctor, but she went and got mad at him! :(

oh, and thanks for explaining to me about the watch, i get it now!
Still Not King chapter 5 . 4/19/2011
The Starry Night is my favorite van Gogh painting too.

I like how Romana can reconize things like the Doctor doing something wrong by bringing Vincent to the present. I hope Dr. Black is getting used to strange people running up to him.

Ace of Gallifrey chapter 5 . 4/19/2011
Another brilliant chapter, I must say! Her there-but-not, real-but-not distorted consciousness of herself is incredibly well-done, and I must say, I giggled when you mentioned the Louvre, because I remember as well as anybody her last visit there and all the "silly nonsense" that must pop into her head when she stands before the Mona Lisa...

Her reaction to seeing Van Gogh out of his time was really perfectly done, just EXACTLY how I would expect a not-quite-fob-watched Time Lady to react and full of inconclusions of various kinds. I'm eager to see where this goes next!
Still Not King chapter 4 . 4/18/2011
We're halfway out of the dark.

I like Romana and River's interaction on the Byzantium; I can see those two getting along. I also enjoyed Romana's purposeful attack of Alistair's feet.

The scenes at the Alfava Metraxis and the Delerium Archive were also well done; Romana's feelings of disapointment and frustration came across well.

The scene at Venice was also great. I love how she completely rebuffs Francessco, that's such a Romana thing to do. The interaction with the Doctor was intriguing what with the voice change and all (I'm guessing the voice was our new friends the Silence). I really hope he reconizes who she really is soon.

Great chapter.
Romana2 chapter 4 . 4/18/2011
oh they got be reunited soon just like its meant to be :D
MayFairy chapter 4 . 4/18/2011
i love it! her little meeting with River was awesome. will she eventually find him? please say yes!