Reviews for The Gray Area
Roneo chapter 7 . 7/2/2011
I really loved that ending. It broke my heart, but it fits so well in the actual serie's timeline...
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 7 . 7/1/2011
I love this chapter, absolutely brilliant :D

First off, I loved the opening scene in Massive Dynamic with Nina reviewing the Tylers, that was a good callback to 'Of Human Action' from season two :)

And the scene between Avila and Nina had some great suspense in it, especially when Avila revealed that he had placed some of the nanites in Nina's arm.

I also really loved the anagram (After I read the last chapter I worked at it myself and figured it out and kudos to you for crafting such a clever anagram :)).

Glad that Olivia and the others got there in time to stop Avila's plan, those nanites were deadly with his modification.

Secondly, I really liked the explanation of Olivia's powers, that's really cool (and very Observer-like I might add ;)) and now I wonder that is perhaps you do a sequel to this fic or another fic that takes place after season 3, might that mean that Olivia can see around the time paradox?

Also, I LOVED that you drew this into the next episode after 'Marionette' and had Olivia writing a letter of her own to Peter, that was a nice touch, and it had me wondering what would happen with that. Then she got the book and I thought oh no...

The vision that she had of Peter with her alternate was heartbreaking, that has to the worst thing ever. And then the realisation that she has, and that Peter simply chose to ignore the signs that something was wrong is like a thorn to the heart.

I loved the last section, how Olivia just throws the letter away, it's powerful and it almost seems to say like she's throwing away Peter's last chance as well.

I really hope to read more from you in the future :)

WalterWalternate chapter 7 . 7/1/2011
Enjoyed this story, alot. It had a very episodic feel to it, which I'm sure isn't easy to replicate.

The last portion of the chapter killed me. The explanation of Olivia's heightened perception and the usage at the end was a nice touch. I felt bad for both she and Peter, there.

Really looking forward to your future works. Thanks for sharing!
WalterWalternate chapter 6 . 6/27/2011
Excellent chapter. I liked the back story on how Harry targeted Olivia and how Olivia was forced to relive her painful moment with Peter through his vantage point.

Peter's gotta eventually put 2 and 2 together on how Olivia is linked to Harry, doesn't he? He's too smart not too. But then again, he didn't know he was with Fauxlivia either. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the story.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 6 . 6/22/2011
Whoa, holy crap that was an intense chapter! nice job with the suspense, it was very well done.

I really liked the dream sequence and how you're tying all these little threads together, it's really wuite brilliant. :)

So that message finally comes back into play eh? Nice job with bringing that full circle, I look forward to finding out what it means.

Amy chapter 6 . 6/22/2011
Great chapter! Now everyone's searching for the doc!

I really hope Olivia doesn't make the same mistake Henry did with his wife. She has to give Peter a chance, if not she'll lose him forever

Lady by the Lake chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
I just logged on to stalk you – um, I mean - send a gentle reminder that I was waiting patiently for Chapter 5, when I made the shocking discovery that Chapter 5 has been posted since May. O_O

JFC where was I when this happened? Why didn’t anyone tell me? WHO IS TO BLAME FOR THIS TRAVESITY? Heads will roll, people. Heads will roll!

A-n-y-w-a-y…. since I was unprepared to find a completed chapter I regret to admit that I don’t have time to leave a proper review until later this week. So for now please forgive me for leaving you with: OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME NOW PLEASE POST SOME MOAR.

Yes that was awesome. And yes I want more. Hopefully I’ll have time to expand on that by the weekend.

Cheers,

A
WalterWalternate chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
As another reviewer has mentioned, your story very much does read like an episode and every chapter ends like it's going to a commercial break. Very believable and very well done. Nice job calling back to previous episodes of Olivia being able to interact with the subjects when she's put under.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
Nanites are gone? NOT GOOD! D:

I really enjoyed the two major parts of this chapter, the dream sequence with Olivia and Harry as you showed some excellent back story and character development with Harry.

Then the short scene at the end was nice and light with Walter satisfying his 'snacking' needs (only Walter ;)) And then Astrid eating a piece of beef jerky was a priceless little touch and her mentioning Gene made me smile, you hafta wonder about that cow...

I love how you leave us with a cliffhanger at the end of each chapter, it makes eagerly await the next chapter :)

gena chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
Your story is like watching a Fringe episode. Awesome! It is intriguing and unexpected, and the characters are written is such a realistic way.
Lady by the Lake chapter 4 . 5/11/2011
I cannot believe how late I am reading/reviewing this chapter. O_O Damn you real life! How dare you keep me away my beloved Fringe fiction! ;)

Can I start off by admitting that I was actually *relieved* to find Olivia still alive at the start of the chapter? That is a testament to the amazing cliffhanger you had previously left us with.

One thing that impresses me is your ability to keep true to the character’s voices; it’s the attention to detail that really drives it home. I’ll use Walter’s line “That's why you felt that John Scott could see you in his memories” as an example. We, the viewers, had watched Olivia interact with John Scott on many different occasions. We *know* that is happened because we *watched* it happen. Of course Walter could not witness the interaction himself, it’s only natural for him to maintain his belief that it was a figment of her imagination. It was a little thing, but I liked it.

It’s also interesting that Walter was the one who pieced together Olivia’s connection to Harry. I would probably have guessed that anyone BUT Walter would make the connection. But of course your writing convinces me that Walter’s discovery was the only possible outcome. I also liked how Olivia confused Walter with Walternet, if only for a moment. I’m surprised that a similar scene never played out on the show itself.

A few new questions raised their head this chapter. Just who were the men that kidnapped Dr. Avila? Hmm… if only there was a discarded dill pickle potato chip wrapper to point us in the right direction. :) Are we ever going to find out what Peter’s side project was? And was Astrid really flirting with Walter?

Another great chapter. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Tiger Mother chapter 4 . 5/9/2011
I am really enjoying this story. Everything is believable and very in-line with the show- it's just what I need in the time of hiatus. All of your original characters are interesting and developed- especially Harry Locksmith, whose brief night with Olivia was plausible and very sweet.

Hope you update soon,
Dana Hale chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
You sure like to place Olivia in peril a lot. (I like it!) Peter to the rescue? Yes please!
Amy chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
thank God it was not real!

are you gonna fix Peter and Olivia's relationship? I feel bad for Peter. Please do something to fix them :)
Lorelai Pattern chapter 4 . 5/7/2011
Wow, what a chapter and cliffhanger. Update soon!