Reviews for The Long Road Back
doc2or chapter 46 . 11/30/2011
Great stuff Bill, again. Loved Chuck's declaration about Sarah to POTUS, but loved her reaction and 'punishment' even moreespecially since it got a reaction from Casey. Honestly a little surprised about Carina, never thought she was the type to settle on one guy but I guess she can't fight the Bartowski influence. Still kind of like the idea of her and Stephen though (after Mary is brutally gunned down trying to save the day-okay just kidding). It will be interesting reading about Sarah's interrogation, she is pretty handy with her knives. All in all a good setup for all the action yet to come. Thank you Bill.
esardi chapter 46 . 11/30/2011
You know Bill I have had this type of argument with several writers who have either tried to pair up Carina with Chuck or write her as if she was Sarah. Your Carina and the way she fell for her mark was very believable. I always envisioned that if she ever fell for someone it would be this way. This man is not just any old mark; he is an agent and a good guy. Now for probably the first time she faces the consequences of her actions. Having to fool someone and then never seeing them again is totally different than fooling someone and facing them again. That should be one very interesting reunion.

I really liked Chuck in this chapter. He was perceptive and quickly assumed the correct circumstances concerning those Fulcrum agents. I am glad to see they are the same ones that were outside of the hotel. Payback is a bitch and these scumbags are about to get theirs in triplicates. I am not looking forward to Sarah having to play along again with Dean. Even though it will not be as long this time I cannot wait to see Chuck pulverize his butt for messing with his wife.

You are really conveying how deeply they feel about each other. Chuck has a much better understanding how distasteful this whole thing is for Sarah. However, the way he spoke to the President showed everyone how much he respects her and cares for her. That conversation was truly beautifully well written. Kudos for you Bill that was a very nice piece of work. I also have to admit that the President is not a dummy and understands better than anyone what is going on. I really liked this chapter, way to go.
atcDave chapter 46 . 11/30/2011
Definitely liking the big conspiracy part of this; I'm glad we're past the "fun and games" part of the story.
lappers84 chapter 46 . 11/30/2011
Good chapter buddy, really liked this. Epic Chuck speech, Charah sexy times and a human Carina. Nice :)
Osced chapter 45 . 11/26/2011
Good chapter, I especially loved the ending. Sarah threating the president and saying that she's sorry..

/Osced
Cary chapter 45 . 11/25/2011
Love the foreword, feel basically the same about the TV series. The Show has some much potential but did not use it. Still, it is the best that have come along in a very long time. Please continue writing long after the final episode. I will need my fix. Thanks
rphe chapter 45 . 11/25/2011
Enjoyed this. Like seeing the way Cole is trying to look out for Chuck, and liked that you didnt try to push the Sarah seduction too far. after all, the promise of what he thinks is going to happen is probably enough to keep Jim in a daze for weeks. looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.
Chkgun93 chapter 45 . 11/23/2011
A most excellent chapter.

Enjoyed the action sequence in this chapter. Very good, I look forward to the next update.

I sure enjoy the quotes at the beginning of each chapter. The last quote from Churchill was very profound, to bad we don't have men like that in leadership now a days.
doc2or chapter 45 . 11/23/2011
Another great read Bill. I agree with all of your A/N statements and as for the holiday I am thankful that you and others write such compelling stories that make the Chuck "experience" so much better to me at least, It will be a shame when it ends.

Well written chapter as always, though I thought Chuck might have had a more difficult time with Sarah's was up with Casey, I thought he might have been a little more sensitive to Chuck's feelings even though Chuck seems to laugh it off. It will be interesting to see how they can convince the president in under ten minutes.

I have a feeling one or more of team Chuck may die soon back at the safe house and can't wait to see how you handle that. Thank you again Bill.
uplink2 chapter 45 . 11/23/2011
Another fun chapter Bill. Great way to start the long holiday weekend. The idea of Chuck and Sarah pulling guns on the President is really cool. Loved that. I love that Sarah though she accepts what she needs to do to make this work is a lot more disgusted by it than she would have been in the past. The intimacy of kissing bothering her the most was significant as well.

It also interesting that Chuck is bothered more by the betrayal of Carina getting her mark to fall in love with her more than simple sex. He knows how devastating that can be and it probably has always been in the back of his mind in the past with Sarah though he knows now its all very real.

Can't wait for these next few chapters as this heads towards a big conclusion.

As far as the show goes I still love it though I agree Morgansect was an incredibly stupid idea to waste 3 of the precious final 13 episodes on. But at least its over a lot quicker than the disgusting arc of Season 3.0. I have a feeling these final 9 episodes are going to be pretty damn good. I really liked 5.04. But I also have to agree with you about the friendships in this fanbase. I hope to keep many of them in place as long as possible and I hope that FF continues to be a place where we can all group together and continue to enjoy these characters for many years to come.
Nerds4thewin chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Bill I want to thank you, for the many hours worth of your stories I've had to read.

Like you I really won't miss the show, as I believe JS and CF are trying to say screw you to the fans, to say that this season has been mediocre is being very nice. I was really hoping this last season would go out with a bang, a season that would have had the fans talking about it for years to come. instead it's going to crawl into obscurity with not even a whimper. I find that sad.

Thanks again
Paladinobr chapter 45 . 11/23/2011
The chapters with Sarah having to do seduction's missions are never my favourite but I can understand why she's doing this. I'm wondering how this conversation with the President is going to happen. Will Roark be able to get Ellie? Waiting for the next chapter and have a nice thanksgiving, :)
esardi chapter 45 . 11/23/2011
Ok Bill that was a lot to take in. Of course the Sarah seduction part was a tad uncomfortable but needed. I also helped as she has a good idea who the mole is. However, this begs the question here, why didn't Chuck flash on this jerk? If he is a Ring agent then Chuck should have been able to detect him righ away.

The good part is that they have the President's full attention and will be able to fill him in on what is going on. If I were him I would let them think the plane was blown up and then capture all those that tried to take over the government to make sure that they got as many as possible.

One thing I have
Katsumara chapter 45 . 11/23/2011
Super quick read here before I head back to bed.. awesome stuff, Bill.
doc2or chapter 44 . 11/21/2011
Another good read Bill, thank youI promise I won't do any Mary bashing but she led them to the safe house, how is anyone supposed to like her?

Really looking forward to the seduction scene, wondering if Chuck will be able to keep cool or all hell will break loose. Judging by the ending it is not going to go very well, can't wait for it.
954 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »