Reviews for The Long Road Back
uplink2 chapter 51 . 12/28/2011
Another fun chapter Bill. Looking forward to the wrap up coming down the road. I'm enjoying this Carina story as well as Misty. She really has been a pleasant addition.

Can't wait for next week's update!
Chkgun93 chapter 50 . 12/22/2011
Wow, a totally awesome chapter, and to leave it with a cliffhanger, really?

That is way too cruel! But 2 naked hostages, interesting, hopefully Orion caught all this on one of the camera!

This continues to be an exciting story, hope you have a Merry Christmas.
doc2or chapter 50 . 12/22/2011
Good chapter Bill, excellent writing Carina's character. I still think it would have been more interesting with a Stephen/Carina pairing. You could always have Mary fall on her knife being the "stellar" agent she is, lol. Speaking of which, how did nobody know there were bad guys around?

I was really hoping for a cat fight between the real kick ass agents, maybe you could tack on a later chapter with a nice little mud wrestling in bikinis or something similar, lol. (I know you want to).

Good job building up the suspense toward the big showdown, Chuck is going to flip out when he hears about Ellie, Sarah too. Should be a lot of fun, looking forward to your next update. Please have a wonderful holiday season.
esardi chapter 50 . 12/22/2011
Now I have to admit you have me seriously confused. Why would Fulcrum go after them before the Ring was destroyed? Also, with all the safe guards in place, how would Steven and Mary not know about an incoming helicopter? Surely their love making could not go on that long.

Sarah, had just finished interrogating the Fulcrum scum, why was she not sounding the alarm about what their plans were to Chuck? I think you are a big time romantic, but Carina in love is a hard one to accept.

If they are just taking Ellie, why would they not go after Mary as well? It was almost sounding like Roark was after some retribution for her as well. These bad guys seemed to be thinking with the little head instead of accomplishing their goals first. Well it should be an interesting next chapter. I think it is time to kill a lot of bad guys. Thanks for the Christmas present.

If I did not say it before, let me say it now. I wish you and your family a safe and happy, Christmas, Holiday or Hanukkah.
Paladinobr chapter 50 . 12/22/2011
Another great chapter. I'd like to see Sarah kicking Carina's ass, lol. Waiting to see what happened to Ellie and Misty. Merry Christmas, :)
Edge chapter 49 . 12/21/2011
Thank you for a wonderful story that captures the core of what makes Chuck and Sarah so great together. Your story is full of examples of Chuck being the awesome person he is, and demonstrations of Sarah's love for Chuck and how she'll do anything to portect him.

I'm very glad that Chuck is becoming more confident in himself and Sarah's love for him, as well as the fact that he can now kick ass with the best of them (even if that's not where his true strength comes from).

I have a few issues with your story however (although they in no way detract from how much I enjoy your story or how well it is written), but as I wrote them down, I realized that you either addressed them already, or they actually fit in the world you created. So to wrap up, great story Bill, and thanks!
doc2or chapter 49 . 12/21/2011
Great chapter Bill. I loved the 'bub' bit. Cute how Sarah wanted to protect Chuck from the dirty side of spying but admired how he stood up to her and yet again makes her feel better about what she has to do. Classic Chuck Bartowski. And then he selflessly tries to help out Carina just because he can't stand to see a friend hurting. Wonderful writing. Not sure if Carina will admit to her feelings though as she was usually more close mouthed than Sarah ever was.

Looking forward eagerly to the next update, happy holidays sir.
DayDreamer077 chapter 28 . 12/20/2011
oh jeez! I forgot how funny you can be with your stories. lol. It's been a while. lol.
tw200 chapter 49 . 12/20/2011
WOW... another incredibly powerful chapter. I am in awe of your writing most of the time. This is the 49th chapter of the second arc of the Long Road FF. I keep thinking that pretty soon a dud chapter that is pure filler and no substance is just around the corner.. After all how can you keep chapter after chapter going and going and going... So I pose that question to you how on earth do you keep these great chapters going. OK,, if I am fair there are perhaps two chapters in this arch that were pretty much OK when compared to outstanding, amazing, unbelievable but that is a great score, and unbelieveable score. This chapter was fantastic. Sarah ashamed to let Chuck see her as the Enforcer that was great, then calling herself Mrs. Enforcer was precious. Chuck telling Sarah that he would die loving her "no matter what" was as golden of a statement of love as one can think up. Chuck going to bat for Carina with her "love challenge" was sweet. Brigid admitting that she is a little in awe of Chuck was sweet but expected.. Most everyone that hangs around Chuck very long is in awe of him, sort of how I feel about your writing abilities and your imagination. Sooo to wrap up this comment that is a little long and a little sappy ... This story continues to be pretty much off the chart for me. It has all the making of a week long mini-series for cable that I would pay dearly to see. So as far a compliments go that is about as much as there is to offer. Thanks do we get the next chapter for Christmas? I would consider it a great gift. tw
rphe chapter 49 . 12/20/2011
great chapter. Loved the Mrs Enforcer title, and the "you got me" always prompts a great flashback to that fantastic scene.

but what happens to Carina now - very interested to see how the great seductress will function from here. I suspect she may have to change her operating procedures and take over the recently vacated Miss Enforcer role
Chkgun93 chapter 49 . 12/19/2011
Wow, another special and great update. Thank you.
Katsumara chapter 49 . 12/19/2011
Nicely written, Bill. Loving it. :)
Sarah Sam chapter 49 . 12/19/2011
Carina in love...will wonders never cease. Tis' still the bomb story.
Xaphyre chapter 49 . 12/19/2011
Carina is going to kill Chuck! hahaha xD love this chapter! can't wait to read more! xoxo ~Paula

PD: just so you know, every chapter I'm on edge waiting for someone to die and for my heart to break T_T don't want anybody to die! 8
esardi chapter 49 . 12/19/2011
When you initially gave that warning I had envisioned in my mind Sarah taking the shoes off that jerk and going to work on his foot with a hammer. However, I must say that after she kicked him and explained to him that she was going to start cutting of his fingers that worked for me as well.

I never thought of Chuck as a cupid, Ellie must be rubbing off on him. However, McKnight on his side is definitely a plus. Therefore, the fact that Carina might well say to Jeff "I love you" and mean it may work out very well after all. It would be nice if in celebration over the expected demise of the LOG in the show, if you could find it in your heart to update again this week! (LOL)
1,001 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »