Reviews for The Long Road Back
Molotov chapter 30 . 10/18/2014
I will admit to feeling more dread after learning Fulcrum was still very much alive and kicking, but thank God for these flashforwards.
Molotov chapter 29 . 10/18/2014
So now Mary is here. I like the idea that she's working to take down Fulcrum and there's no Volkoff (yet).

But it makes me reeeeeeally wonder why she's been gone twenty years.

Although Orion telling Chuck to reserve judgement on his mother is ridiculous. She abandoned him for two decades. Even if it was for a good reason, like Bryce, it doesn't make the pain go away immediately.

Poor damn Ellie. Poor Ellie.
Molotov chapter 25 . 10/18/2014
"Going to church." Love it.
Molotov chapter 24 . 10/18/2014
You got tears out of me with this chapter.

And fittingly, it's a good stopping point. I think you could have even ended this story here and it would have been okay. I'm kinda good not knowing how it ends for Shaw, the Ring, and the Vice President.

Because Chuck and Sarah have a baby and that's awesome.
Molotov chapter 23 . 10/18/2014
Sarah's departing words to Bryce were so sad and very beautiful. Bryce Larkin is a great character because of his ability to do awful things to good people for the best of reasons.

I loved Sarah's dressing down of Chuck at the beginning of the chapter. I get annoyed when fanfiction writers emphasize Chuck's more wiener-like qualities (see the Season 5 episode 'Chuck vs. The Curse' for a canonical instance of this) and have Chuck more focused on quips than the very serious situations he is in. You can chalk it up to the show being a 'comedy' for that behavior. But seeing Sarah set (or try to) Chuck straight about the gravity of the situation? Very satisfying.
Molotov chapter 20 . 10/18/2014
Sarah's gloating call to Shaw was just spectacular.
Molotov chapter 19 . 10/18/2014
Debated whether or not to leave a review. I have nothing specific to say about this chapter except that I liked it.

Hell, that's what I'll do then.

I liked this chapter.
Molotov chapter 18 . 10/18/2014
What a change from Mexico, when Sarah flipped Chuck onto the sand, nearly wrenching his arm from it's socket and his dignity to boot.

I'm happy to see fallout from Ellie's almost-affair with Cole. That sounds awful but what I mean is I like that there are repercussions from it. That it hasn't been forgotten. It's real.
Molotov chapter 17 . 10/18/2014
I get Sarah being okay with what Orion did. She's as fucked up as he is. But Chuck? I figured he would at best clock his old man, or at worst be more pissed about it.

I don't know...

Of course, this doesn't mean the story is bad. It just isn't playing out specifically how I want, but this ain't choose your own adventure.

Though I'm seriously not on board with Chuck downloading the 2.0.
Molotov chapter 16 . 10/18/2014
Holy crap, this chapter totally fucked with everything I thought coming into this. Man. This is insane. Sarah needs a fucking vacation, because people just won't stop fucking with her.
Molotov chapter 15 . 10/18/2014
At least they know Bryce is a traitor.

Poor Misty. She's lucky she hasn't a clue what's at stake.

Dumb Orion, thinking he needs to test Sarah. Does he not know she's AWOL? Kill order on her? And what's Ellie's role in this?

And Jesus. Another person who is plotting something for the payoff of getting to nail Sarah. It's disgusting, obviously. And not out of the realm of possibility. But repetitive. But hey, I don't know these people's other thoughts. I guess it's all about conquest to these people. And she's a trophy buck.
Molotov chapter 11 . 10/18/2014
This review is an addendum to my brief Chapter 13 review.

I made an observation to myself yesterday about Chuck's continuous jealousy/inadequacy issues and Sarah's frustration with that and her difficulties assuaging Chuck's feelings about them. I figured, hey, jealousy over men's attention to Sarah is something Chuck would reasonably feel (I know I would, as I am today, if I was in a relationship with someone that beautiful) but for it to come up so often in stories (this, it's predecessor, and 'The Upper Hand' [the only stories of yours I've read thus far]), I figured it was something you, the author, liked to write about with these people.

After reading Chapter 13, I hopped in the shower and continued to think about 'Chuck' (the show as a whole, not the character specifically), I had an epiphany about this.

Or at least inasmuch as I interpret what you're saying when you write, and how these two characters function.

Chuck feels inferior to Bryce Larkin, from the moment he had him kicked out of Stanford, compounded by Bryce sleeping with his girlfriend, extended by five years of wallowing in mediocrity, and magnified by sending Chuck the Intersect, thus putting his life into constant danger from both bad guys AND the good guys, forcing him to lie to the two most important people in his life (Ellie and Morgan), and preventing him from pursuing an intimate relationship with ANYONE, but specifically the woman he's most infatuated with, Sarah. Bryce both knowingly and unknowingly undermines Chuck's attempts with Sarah, from Sarah lying about her relationship with Bryce to Chuck, to Chuck finding them kissing in his bedroom, to Bryce being in Sarah's hotel room when he was going to use the Montgomery on her, and then getting the idea into Chuck's head that Sarah's feelings for him would get her killed.

(You obviously know all this, I'm just setting the table. And really, this is all self-indulgent and mostly for my benefit.)

Sarah is frustrated by Chuck's jealousy and inadequacy issues persisting in the face of her vocal and physical reassurances on the contrary. She doesn't understand why he feels this way in the face of her openly telling him how she feels and physically showing it.

What Sarah doesn't understand is that much like her difficulties turning off Agent Walker and turning on Simply Sarah for Chuck after years of training and honed instinct, Chuck can't simply turn off seven years (ish) of feeling slighted by Bryce Larkin after only a month of Sarah's declaration of love for him. Because of Sarah's ability to compartmentalize and her focus on results, she can't (yet) understand why Chuck still feels the way he does, thus leading to some of the problems they face.

In conclusion, all this means is you've done an excellent job of making these characters seem like real people, cause real people have flaws and are fucked up, and problems can't just go away with the flick of a wrist. While I love Season 4 Chuck and Sarah the most because they are 100% on board and secure with each other, I do greatly enjoy the growing pains of these two flawed individuals. It makes for such a compelling read.
Molotov chapter 13 . 10/18/2014
Oh shit, Ellie's gonna fuck up Bryce.
Molotov chapter 12 . 10/18/2014
Boy, Bryce is a reaaaaaaaal idiot.

Poor damn Misty. Her arc could go in many directions, most with horrible endings.
Molotov chapter 10 . 10/18/2014
Hahahahahhaha what a fun reunion with your estranged father.
994 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »