Reviews for The Long Road Back
Guest chapter 57 . 1/1/2015
you sure do like using the word totally...a lot. that and the phrase "in the world." I was very tempted to give a count in the review of each chapter.
Baby Huey chapter 19 . 12/30/2014
you know, the did not have to fly all the way to Vegas to get married. I do not know about other states but in both Virginia and North Carolina you get the marriage license immediately after you apply for it. there is no waiting period and the ceremony must then be performed within sixty days. as long as you can find someone to officiate the wedding and have two witnesses it can all be done in one day.
MissMonk chapter 57 . 12/13/2014
WOW this was a LONG story. and I loved it! it was well written and kept your interests. Though Sarah was a bit of a horn dog and that go old pretty fast but I love this story and I just found out there is a 3rd part to it so I'm actually going to go read that now.
Whiskeyflips chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
Thanks so much for correcting an oversight on the show - Chuck and Sarah never canonically christen Masion 23 - the site of so many of Sarah's lipstick-lingerie-and-lethal-weapon montages and so much UST. Chuck literally invites Sarah to move in with him in their second episode together, and we never see Masion 23 again until the end of .

I also like the notion of Sarah never really advancing beyond the tolerating-Morgan stage.

Rip roaring ending for the chapter. Say! Here's a better idea for Season 3 - Instead of having Chuck and Sarah hurt each other and pretend they're not crazy about each other, lets actually separate them and have them fight their way back to each other!
Molotov chapter 57 . 10/18/2014
What a fucking epic story this was. It started with such a feeling of dread, and I was scared as to the kind of story this would be. The dread waxed and waned throughout the fifty seven chapters but hoo. So good.

I don't know if any other writer he has devoted more time to Chuck and Sarah being each other's baggage handlers. I love it.

This is one of two fics I've read where the President takes an active interest in the Intersect. You'd think preventing nuclear war THREE TIMES (Seasons 1, 2, and 4) would get them some attention.

I want to say thank you. Thank you for devoting so much time, energy, patience, and love into crafting two stories I've spent two days reading. Should our paths ever cross, drinks are on me.
Molotov chapter 56 . 10/18/2014
I just realized, this takes place in Season 2, when Chuck had that awful helmet hair. Ugh. I'ma pretend he has that sweet Season 5 hair. Mmm...Season 5 hair...
Molotov chapter 51 . 10/18/2014
Misty is a badass.

Of all the things to occur in this story, I never figured Carina finding love would be in it.
Molotov chapter 48 . 10/18/2014
Are there any real world facsimiles for Misty and Brigid? Are they modelled off some famous person, or someone you yourself know, or pure figments of your imagination?
Molotov chapter 42 . 10/18/2014
Okay so. If Frost and Orion were behind everything... Fuck. They really put their son through the ringer.

His mom abandons him at nine.

Dad stays a few more years, but is mostly absent. He eventually leaves.

His children manage to carry on and make something of themselves.

They then discover the CIA is looking into recruiting their son.

Frost and Orion then intimidate his best friend and roommate, causing him to be expelled.

Said son then spends five years wallowing in self-pity.

Fulcrum is after the Intersect so Bryce steals it. Rather than send it to Frost and Orion, he sends it to Chuck.

Desperation? Chuck's name was the first he got to before being shot?

Why didn't Frost and Orion come for Chuck? Why would, if they were observing from afar, allow him to be used by the very government they were hiding from, putting himself in constant, grave danger?

Why was their only interaction with their son during this time limited to trying to get rid of Sarah?

I hope Chuck or Ellie or Sarah asks these questions in upcoming chapters. Because FUCK. Frost and Orion owe Ellie for taking away her childhood, but they should walk on coals to make up fucking over their son.
Molotov chapter 41 . 10/18/2014
bum bum bummmmmmm

So many revelations. I dig your twist on the Frost and Orion backstory.
Molotov chapter 36 . 10/18/2014
This chapter is exactly what I needed after the previous.

Seems Chuck still hasn't learned Sarah isn't a Fabergé egg and Sarah hasn't learned Chuck has confidence issues.

I eat that shit up man, reading them work out their issues. There's a lot wrong with the TV show, but Chuck and Sarah's love is eternal.
Molotov chapter 35 . 10/18/2014
You motherfucker.

I can picture you rubbing your hands together in oglee as soon as you posted this chapter, knowing you had just pulled off such an epic twist to fuck with EVERYBODY.

Jesus. Color me impressed. Color Me Badd.

Shit. I was feeling so much dread and hurt over two not-real people. Never have I been more glad for Chevy Chase to show up somewhere.
Molotov chapter 33 . 10/18/2014
Man, Mary is quite the fucking shithead. Hoo boy.
Molotov chapter 32 . 10/18/2014
Hahahahahahaha okay that was great
Molotov chapter 31 . 10/18/2014
I was all pumped for Chuck delivering his Season 4, Episode 1 Dolph Lundgren speech...then I had to stop and back up, cause I thought the scene transition from outside to inside meant the fight happened "off-screen" but then I thought from no, maybe not until after Casey said "no more monkey business" and then oh, it did happen.

What I'm saying is, it confused me.
1,009 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »