Reviews for The Long Road Back
Molotov chapter 17 . 10/18/2014
I get Sarah being okay with what Orion did. She's as fucked up as he is. But Chuck? I figured he would at best clock his old man, or at worst be more pissed about it.

I don't know...

Of course, this doesn't mean the story is bad. It just isn't playing out specifically how I want, but this ain't choose your own adventure.

Though I'm seriously not on board with Chuck downloading the 2.0.
Molotov chapter 16 . 10/18/2014
Holy crap, this chapter totally fucked with everything I thought coming into this. Man. This is insane. Sarah needs a fucking vacation, because people just won't stop fucking with her.
Molotov chapter 15 . 10/18/2014
At least they know Bryce is a traitor.

Poor Misty. She's lucky she hasn't a clue what's at stake.

Dumb Orion, thinking he needs to test Sarah. Does he not know she's AWOL? Kill order on her? And what's Ellie's role in this?

And Jesus. Another person who is plotting something for the payoff of getting to nail Sarah. It's disgusting, obviously. And not out of the realm of possibility. But repetitive. But hey, I don't know these people's other thoughts. I guess it's all about conquest to these people. And she's a trophy buck.
Molotov chapter 11 . 10/18/2014
This review is an addendum to my brief Chapter 13 review.

I made an observation to myself yesterday about Chuck's continuous jealousy/inadequacy issues and Sarah's frustration with that and her difficulties assuaging Chuck's feelings about them. I figured, hey, jealousy over men's attention to Sarah is something Chuck would reasonably feel (I know I would, as I am today, if I was in a relationship with someone that beautiful) but for it to come up so often in stories (this, it's predecessor, and 'The Upper Hand' [the only stories of yours I've read thus far]), I figured it was something you, the author, liked to write about with these people.

After reading Chapter 13, I hopped in the shower and continued to think about 'Chuck' (the show as a whole, not the character specifically), I had an epiphany about this.

Or at least inasmuch as I interpret what you're saying when you write, and how these two characters function.

Chuck feels inferior to Bryce Larkin, from the moment he had him kicked out of Stanford, compounded by Bryce sleeping with his girlfriend, extended by five years of wallowing in mediocrity, and magnified by sending Chuck the Intersect, thus putting his life into constant danger from both bad guys AND the good guys, forcing him to lie to the two most important people in his life (Ellie and Morgan), and preventing him from pursuing an intimate relationship with ANYONE, but specifically the woman he's most infatuated with, Sarah. Bryce both knowingly and unknowingly undermines Chuck's attempts with Sarah, from Sarah lying about her relationship with Bryce to Chuck, to Chuck finding them kissing in his bedroom, to Bryce being in Sarah's hotel room when he was going to use the Montgomery on her, and then getting the idea into Chuck's head that Sarah's feelings for him would get her killed.

(You obviously know all this, I'm just setting the table. And really, this is all self-indulgent and mostly for my benefit.)

Sarah is frustrated by Chuck's jealousy and inadequacy issues persisting in the face of her vocal and physical reassurances on the contrary. She doesn't understand why he feels this way in the face of her openly telling him how she feels and physically showing it.

What Sarah doesn't understand is that much like her difficulties turning off Agent Walker and turning on Simply Sarah for Chuck after years of training and honed instinct, Chuck can't simply turn off seven years (ish) of feeling slighted by Bryce Larkin after only a month of Sarah's declaration of love for him. Because of Sarah's ability to compartmentalize and her focus on results, she can't (yet) understand why Chuck still feels the way he does, thus leading to some of the problems they face.

In conclusion, all this means is you've done an excellent job of making these characters seem like real people, cause real people have flaws and are fucked up, and problems can't just go away with the flick of a wrist. While I love Season 4 Chuck and Sarah the most because they are 100% on board and secure with each other, I do greatly enjoy the growing pains of these two flawed individuals. It makes for such a compelling read.
Molotov chapter 13 . 10/18/2014
Oh shit, Ellie's gonna fuck up Bryce.
Molotov chapter 12 . 10/18/2014
Boy, Bryce is a reaaaaaaaal idiot.

Poor damn Misty. Her arc could go in many directions, most with horrible endings.
Molotov chapter 10 . 10/18/2014
Hahahahahhaha what a fun reunion with your estranged father.
Molotov chapter 7 . 10/17/2014
Hard to believe there are still 50 more chapters. This seems like it's coming to a conclusion. Obviously it ain't, but still.

I'm curious how Chuck got a hold of a note. Did I miss it, or is it TBE - to be explained?
Molotov chapter 6 . 10/17/2014
Man, the team is really coming together here.

I want to say, "Gee, it seems like everyone's motivation is based on getting their rocks off."

But...ain't that how the world works anyway? Especially with those in power.
Molotov chapter 5 . 10/17/2014
I thought to myself...old guy... I wonder if it's Orion...

Bam dawg. It is!

The stakes just got raised, son.
Molotov chapter 4 . 10/17/2014
(If I wasn't clear in my last review, I'm totally on board with Chuck's behavior.)

Shaw is evil, like cartoon evil. And boy, this story is sinister. You can just feel it in every chapter. I'm digging it.
Molotov chapter 3 . 10/17/2014
You know what I like? Chuck not being a dum dum.
Molotov chapter 2 . 10/17/2014
Ahahahahhaa

Okay. Total action movie quip with that last line.

Sooooo fucking glad Casey is on Sarah's side here. This was going to get rough otherwise.
Molotov chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
What da fuuuuuuuuuuu

I almost didn't finish this chapter, with the impending feeling of dread of what was to come.

But I know it'll be good, so I gotsta keep on reading.
jbear1974 chapter 57 . 10/3/2014
I enjoyed your story. I have read this particular twice now. I have competed reading all of your arcs and I really can't decide which is the best one. In reading your stories/arcs I get very comfortable because I am somewhat of a romantic individual. Your stories/arcs relax me. Thanks for the stories. I wish you luck in your forthcoming ventures. Your stories are in my favorites folder and I truely expect to re-read them again.
1,001 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »